Tasmota IR Blaster - need some help to integrate

Hi all,

I have flashed my Connect-smarthome universal smart IR remote with tuya-convert and it is live on the network and I can access the console. I have been searching net for hours to work out what to do next. I’ve pointed a remote at the device and nothing happens and tried to publish into the console page and getting unknown command. Can someone point me to a tutorial/video to help me progress ?

TIA

TIm

You open the Tasmota console. You point your ir remote to the Ir blaster and press a button. And you don’t see the received code in the console ?
If so, your IR blaster is not configured correctly.

Thanks Francis,
I copied the template again and it restarted. On the console the unit connects and appears to be working, however the blue light on the device is on - I think it should only be on if transmitting. Has anyone else had issues with the Connect Smarthome Universal IR remote from Harvey Norman (Australia) ?
I tried pointing a remote at the unit and nothing appears in the console window…not sure what is next ?
Thanks in advance

Tim

After tuya-convert, you did flash tasmota-ir.bin and set the correct template ?

With a non tasmota-ir.bin you can select the yet_it_bridge, but it will do nothing.

Does anyone know of an IR blaster that is available in India that can be flashed with tasmota?

Hi Francis,
The console is receiving now after I did the following

• I entered “reset 1” on the console page and then was able to reconnect to system and reconfigure.

• This time I used the YTF universal bridge template (it is identical to the connect home template except for the name). The blue light on the IR blaster is blue and it did not receive any signal.

Finally I upgraded the firmware and it now is receiving.

I will now try and set a remote up and get it to send a signal.

Cheers,
Tim

By pure luck I managed to turn on LG air conditioner with the command -

IRsend {“Protocol”:“NEC”,“Bits”:32,“Data”:0x8166817E}

I have been unsuccessful in working out how to get my remotes. I understand that I can’t simply point the remote at IR blaster and then use the code that it received as it is “UNKNOWN”. I changed to the raw format (setoption58 1) and took the raw data and tried to send it with a 0 at front like this but I got “invalid json” message. Here is what I entered:

irsend 0,8464,4188,556,1552,556,498,554,500,554,498,556,1550,558,496,558,496,556,496,558,1550,556,1552,556,498,556,496,556,498,558,496,556,498,556,496,556,496,558,496,556,498,556,498,558,496,556,1552,556,498,556,1552,556,498,558,496,556,498,554,1552,558

which is from the remote control on the air conditioner.

Not sure where to go next…

TIA
Tim

If it is for an IR air conditioner, check this out :

Hi Francis,

thanks for the reply. I had a look and doesn’t help as I am trying to get my TV, cable/foxtel box, Sony sound system to work… I was hoping that there was some way to convert the information I receive by pointing the remote at the bridge into a send signal or find the right protocol from a database somewhere. My TV is a Samsung (10yo), sound system is Sony, stb is a Roku(badged telstra TV) .

Cheers,
Tim

I don’t understand. I just send what I received in the console and it works.

Example:

- id: '1587227266095'
  alias: Adjust brightness eetkamer 75%
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: input_number.slider1
    platform: state
    to: '75.0'
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      payload: '{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x44BB34CB","DataLSB":"0x22DD2CD3","Repeat":0}'
      topic: IR_bridge/cmd/IRsend
    service: mqtt.publish

Hi Francis,
Thanks Francis. The problem I am having is that most of the remotes I have come up with “UNKNOWN” in the protocol section. See attached screenshot from the tasmota console when I point the remote. This would suggest that they are not in the supported protocols. I am wondering how then I use the raw data to setup - assuming this is possible

What version of tasmota are you using ? I noticed this :

Version 8.4.0 George

• Change IRremoteESP8266 library updated to v2.7.7

Hi Francis,

I have solved the problem by loading a different version of tasmota binary. As I am not confident in flashing firmware and turning things into bricks, I took the punt and loaded the version of tasmota with a larger library of IR remotes and now all of my remotes show the correct protocols and no more “UNKNOWNS”. Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Tim

1 Like

I missed your w[quote=“giscal, post:13, topic:209510, full:true”]
Hi Francis,

I have solved the problem by loading a different version of tasmota binary. As I am not confident in flashing firmware and turning things into bricks, I took the punt and loaded the version of tasmota with a larger library of IR remotes and now all of my remotes show the correct protocols and no more “UNKNOWNS”. Thanks for all your help!

Cheers,

Tim

I missed your question. I am using version 8.3.1

Quite a Few- The oakter IR blaster is esp8266 although it requires soldering headers on the board to flash. Tuya-OTA doesn’t work because it uses a custom firmware.
I do see a bunch of other generic devices listed on amazon which appear to be esp8266 (and in theory should be flashable via Tuya-OTA) but hard to say for sure without trying

Hi! could help me … i have this same unknown situation and i can’t solve it.

Go to your IR-blaster configuration

Click ‘Firmware Upgrade’

In the ‘OTA URL’ input field, enter

http://ota.tasmota.com/tasmota/tasmota-ir.bin

And Click ‘Start Upgrade’

Wait at least 10 minutes before you do anything after ‘Start Upgrade’, your IR blaster will reboot 2 times.

update with the release that passed (went to version 9) but still giving unknown. I do not know what else to do

What remote are you using ?

this one … the template is the same as YTF