Tcl home integration

Hi everyone. First of all I want to say how excited I am with homeassistant. I’ve been using it for 3 years now and I can’t say how great it is.
I have all my devices connected to it except my 3 TCL AC units.
The app is tcl home but till now there is no available integration for homeassistant. Is there any chance that will be one in the future?
Thanks in advance for any reply.
My best regards.
Nick

I have managed to connect my TCL AC unit via Tuya smart app. I was able to connect AC unit to Tuya smart app and then integrate it to HA via Tuya integration, it works with both Tuya Local and Tuya cloud

1 Like

I have a smart life account with my tuya devices. Is it going to work? How did you manage to add it to the app?

Check p14/25 here: https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/files/pdf/ecosilent12hpw%20ECOSILENT14HPW%2020221306%20FINAL.pdf?wgu=272125_116019_1687352054865_be72e448b4&wgexpiry=1718888054&utm_source=digidip%20GmbH&utm_medium=webgains&refsource=webgains

Have you found the solution for the TCL Home app? I tried adding the air conditioner to the Smart Life and Tuya app but both applications don’t seem to recognize the device.

1 Like

Nope. No luck also. I believe that we’ll have to wait and hope that a specific tcl integration will be developed

2 Likes

I’m crossing fingers for this.

PS. Thanks for the reply though.

I’ve managed to reverse-engineer the TCL Home API to be able to see the power on status of the air conditioner, and then with the Google Assistant Integration and Home Assistant, I was able to create a switch where I can turn on and off my air conditioner.

If anyone is interested to continue reverse engineering to connect to the AWS IOT MQTT server to be able to do more actions, please let me know, as that is out of my expertise and I only have simple information regarding how the TCL Home app works.

Thank you

1 Like

By saying Power Status, do you mean an On/Off status or a power consumption data from TCL Home? It would be very interesting if you can expose those data onto Home Assistant system. I could monitor this data for my other air conditioners from Carrier in Home Assistant but sadly that it’s impossible for TCL AC paring with TCL Home.

Hi. Can you share your reverse engineering findings, i would like to continue the process for tcl integration with HA.

Tagging along hoping there is a solution. I tried Tuya, but it’s not discovering the device. I believe the AC is putting out a Bluetooth signal for pairing.

Can’t believe this hasn’t been done yet. This seems to be the #1 brand in Canada with wifi support.

I found this on Github which dates from 2 months ago, any chances someone could use this with TCL Home? That application is pure garbage!

1 Like

I also have 3 TCL ACs. This integration request is really needed as these ACs are quite popular

which models you have… I’m considering to buy a TCL AC unit and I will buy it only if it’s your model :crazy_face: because if it doesn’t work with Tuya then I don’t want to risk actually. Thank you

Which models you have? Did you find a solution?

Till today no solution found

2 Likes

I have one local brand which is using TCL app, VIVAX COOL, ACP-12CH35REWI

1 Like

I have a TCL TAC–12HSD/XA75I that works with the TCL Home app and also works with the Alexa skill, is there no way to integrate it with Home Assistant?

Has anyone found a solution yet? I’m still waiting for an integration for TCL Home.

I’m looking for the same, still.
Either a direct integration of the TCL Home throught he cloud, or if possible something local even better.
Currently I’ve integrated TCL home with google-home (and Amazon Alexa) and through HA i can send text based commands to Google home to simply turn on the airco, have not tried reading anything out with it yet.