Testers needed for Netatmo climate (multiple thermostats or valves)

A new version has been uploaded, this would be the submission candidate to official HA, main changes:

1. Configuration using home instead of homes, to be compatible with other Netatmo components.
  2. For rooms with at least one thermostat, supported operation modes are: Schedule, Max, Frost guard, and Manual, and ON/OFF is supported as well.
  3. For rooms only with valves, supported operation modes are Schedule, Frost guard, and Manual.
  4. Operation modes can now correctly displayed in the drop list.
1 Like

Well done. Thank you

@Baosong_Shan,

Thanks for the good work!

In which version of HA will be offical? 0.84? or later?

I don’t know. The first step is to update the pyatmo library, but the PR has not been processed yet…

how can i test this with my thermostat netatmo…?
im getting following error

Platform not found: climate.netatmo2 Component not found: netatmo2

Did you follow the above procedure?

thanks @Baosong_Shan

I have some doubts, for example, when said:

Make a custom_components folder in /config

this means into this path,

/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components

and for this other folder:

Make a climate folder in the custom_components folder and place this file in there

i need to make it into this path:

/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate

No, it should be under config directory.

here?

/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/homeassistant/components/config/custom_components

I don’t really know your running configurations, but custom_components should stay in the same directory as your configuration.yaml, maybe /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/config/custom_components ?

cool! then i have placed the files correctly into my hass:

here:

pwd
/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components

Could you please show the output of:
ls -l /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant
ls -l /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components
ls -l /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate

sure!
now seems that is working:

ls -l /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components

drwxr-xr-x 3 homeassistant homeassistant 4096 Dec 9 18:40 climate
-rw-r–r-- 1 homeassistant homeassistant 4098 Dec 9 19:38 netatmo2.py

ls -l /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate

-rw-r–r-- 1 homeassistant homeassistant 14571 Dec 9 18:37 netatmo2.py
homeassistant@homeassistant:~/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate $

one thing that i have seen, why when the thermostat is in on mode, I get the status of thermostat boiler in idle mode in hass?

??

The on/off means the the working status of Netatmo thermostat, as the controller of your boiler, you can turn it off during summer, for example, while keep it working as a thermostat. Boiler status means the heating status, if your boiler is heating or not.

thanks @Baosong_Shan
then the issue is, i have the boiler heating and i see the status in mode idle in hass
is there any way to force refresh status for boiler_status…?

and other question, have you experience working with tiemme electronic for boilers…?

Hi and thank you so much @Baosong_Shan and @gieljnssns for your work on this component.

@Baosong_Shan, i have a question, do you know why this opponent (even in its latest version form the 7th of December (https://gist.github.com/shanbs/526b6cd424e7f1f872cbd320887a2f4a/revisions) does not show the different HA STATES in the Lovelace / Thermostat card (https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/thermostat/)

see next message as new users can not post many images or links …

Here is what I’m having :

see next message as new users can not post many images or links

When from the documentation it should look like this

Pay attention to the icons at the bottom. What is weird is that on my screenshot, it looks like the Thermostat is set in manual mode when it is in “scheduled” or “auto”.

Nothing major here but a little suggestion of improvement :slight_smile:

I guess there may be a few reasons.

1. The refresh latency, now the update rate is 5 minutes, of course this can be adjusted from the code.
  2. The state heat or idle reflects the commanding status sent from the Netatmo thermostat to the boiler, which may not reflect the status of the boiler. For example, if your boiler is heating because someone is taking a shower, the boiler_status in HA may stay idle since the temperature is above the setting.

I failed to understand the second question.