Testers needed for Netatmo climate (multiple thermostats or valves)

thanks @Baosong_Shan really you are doing amazing work, thanks for your support.

I mean rather that it seems not to detect when the thermostat is activated… But as you indicate, it may be due to soda.

On the other hand, this is the website of the manufacturer that i mean Tiemme . is manufacture of PCB for boilers… And in my case is the PCB that I have in my boiler and wanted to know if it would be possible to manage from Hass.

This is as expected. How the thermostat shows depends on the features which it claims to support. Of course there is neither cooling or fan support for Netatmo, only heating. It may change a bit if we adapt to the standard state names (like schedule->auto, hg->eco) in HA, but I am not sure, I need more tests.

In your situation, the hand icon is grey which means it is NOT in Manual mode, I attach mine in Manual mode (hand icon in blue).

I have no experience, but maybe the following link will help?

http://otgw.tclcode.com

Yes ! Thanks man it’s work.

Thanks to for developpers here. great job. I am amazed.

Peace

hello! great job, worked flawlessly on the Lovelace UI until I updated to the new 0.84.1 version of HA this morning… now I can’t see my valves anymore, they disappeared from entities at all and no error message from the frontend.
it seems like it doesn’t read the custom components anymore…
Anybody experiencing the same issue?
thanks!

I got my sensors today and tried your script. It works perfect, thanks for sharing!
I just changed the condition. I made a binary sensor, which I can use in multiple automations.

I have tested with NO success I simply cannot get Netatmo thermostats to work with my Hassio.

Here you have the error-log:
2018-12-14 23:51:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for netatmo2 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-12-14 23:51:43 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] You are using a custom component for climate.netatmo2 which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you do experience issues with Home Assistant.
2018-12-14 23:52:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component netatmo2
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 148, in _async_setup_component
component.setup, hass, processed_config) # type: ignore
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 56, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/netatmo2.py”, line 47, in setup
import lnetatmo
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘lnetatmo’
2018-12-14 23:52:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to set up dependencies of climate.netatmo2. Setup failed for dependencies: netatmo2
2018-12-14 23:52:32 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform climate.netatmo2: Could not set up all dependencies.

Have you put another netatmo2.py (https://gist.github.com/gieljnssns/9406291de78d19a8732b2dab6ac2a813) in your custom_componets directory?

Yes that’s in place also

I think it must be something with this module name: No module named ‘lnetatmo’

Ah, yes… Then, under your configuration directory, there should be:

deps/lib/python3.6/site-packages/

And inside which, there should be:

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 Dec  7 11:35 lnetatmo-0.9.3.dist-info/
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 5983 Dec  7 11:35 lnetatmo.py
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Dec  7 11:35 netatmo_home/

If not, it means your system failed to download/install this package. Maybe a restart could help? I have no experience with hass.io, maybe someone else can comment. Also you can try to search messages in your log file for lnetatmo.

1 Like

Oh ok hm. Then I have to get ssh etc. up and running on my RPI. I’m running Haasbian and I was not expecting that would be necessary to get netatmo thermostats to work. I thought when a component appears on the hassio component site it was working like a charm :slight_smile: Maybe they should make a component site for almost working components.

I will try to see if I can figure it out.

I’m very grateful for your help

SOLVED

Change https://github.com/gieljnssns/netatmo-api-python/archive/ to https://github.com/gieljnssns/netatmo-api-python/ in netatmo2.py in custom_components folder.

If you have a Github with netatmo2.py I could “fork” you the changes

@Baosong_Shan,

I want make an automation that if any windows is opened turn on freeze mode (Hg), but when i select the thermostat i can’t see the diferents modes (Hg, Manual, Max, etc).

Maybe i need to so something in my configuration?

i have this:

netatmo:
  api_key: !secret netatmo_api_key
  secret_key: !secret netatmo_secret_key
  username: !secret netatmo_username
  password: !secret netatmo_password
#  discovery: false

netatmo2:
  api_key: !secret netatmo2_api_key
  secret_key: !secret netatmo2_secret_key
  username: !secret netatmo2_username
  password: !secret netatmo2_password
  discovery: False

Maybe need to update files in my custom_components?

thanks

Hey there,

Still testing using homekit and i have a super weird behaviour when i m using apple’s home app to set a temperature…no matter what i m doing it sets 127,5°c…i know it s a lot :slight_smile:

When i lower down the temperature on the netatmo app it first goes to “Max” then decreases normally. Weird. Any clue ?

thx

I get the same behavior when using the “HA client” for Android.

Hi, I’d a Raspberry Pi3 B+ with the 0.84.2 version of Hassio.

I’d created the custom_components in config directory and i’d put the netatmo2.py (Custom climate component for testing new Netatmo Energy API on HA +0.72 · GitHub) inside, then i’d created the climate folder in custom_components and i’d saved inside the netatmo2.py (Custom climate component for testing new Netatmo Energy API on HA +0.72 · GitHub).

After this I’d modified the configuration.yaml file as following:

netatmo:
      api_key: first_api_key
      secret_key: first_secret_key
      username: my_netatmo_user
      password: my_netatmo_password
      discovery: true

netatmo2:
      api_key: second_api_key
      secret_key: second_secret_key
      username: my_netatmo_user
      password: my_netatmo_password
      discovery: false

climate:
    - platform: netatmo2

After saving the configuration file, before restarting the server, i’d checked the file with hassio validing system and result this error:

Invalid config for [netatmo2]: required key not provided @ data[‘platform’]. Got None. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 26). Please check the docs at _https://home-assistant.io/components/netatmo2/

when I restarting the server i can see the thermostat temperature, but i cannot see the valves and the sensors on the weather station.
Can you help me?

Do you use the secret.yaml?
if you use it, then you have to have to change you configuration like this:

netatmo:
  api_key: !secret netatmo_api_key
  secret_key: !secret netatmo_secret_key
  username: !secret netatmo_username
  password: !secret netatmo_password
#  discovery: false

netatmo2:
  api_key: !secret netatmo2_api_key
  secret_key: !secret netatmo2_secret_key
  username: !secret netatmo2_username
  password: !secret netatmo2_password
  discovery: False

try the script from here.
I think you can set HG with it aswell.

Sorry, but i’m very newest on Hassio… How can check if I use the secret.yaml? And why if i’ll use only netatmo i can see the thermostat and the weather sensors but not valves?