Testers wanted - Netatmo integration

At the moment I don’t have Nabu Casa and I’m ok using VPN.

Thanks

I had that for a long time myself.

1 Like

Hi, got it all hooked in. SImple question from me to begin with - Netatmo update their data every 5 minutes, but HA only polls every 10 minutes. Is there a way with this custom component to bring it in line with Netatmo?

Not sure where that information is from. To respect their API limits the general answer is, no. I set the general schedule to 5 minutes. But actually this beta adjusts the individual calls to IMO sensible values depending on the platform. Weather is set to 5 minutes, whereas the camera data is only updated every 15 minutes. The goal is to reduce the API calls while actually improving the responsiveness by using webhook events.

Besides, this custom integration is purely for testing purpose and will disappear or at least wont be maintained in the long term (at least not by me).

I hope this answers your question.

Since there haven’t been any messages for a few days I conclude that the beta works pretty stable. Has anyone of you had an issue free week with the custom component?

The HACS component got an update today, please update to the last version (cb45402) and happy testing!

Latest fix: Evaluation of climate turn off events

Hi, I have all netatmo weather component and climate component in, but not the cameras.

Found the problem:

• If you configure the intergration for “Home Assistant Cloud” (Nabu Casa): only weather and climate will be integrated
  • If you configure the integration for “configuration.yaml”: all netato devices will be integrated.

grafik

Maybe as adittional testing hint (last version cb45402 on 01113):
The integration found 6 times Netatmo (picture shows only five, since one is already is configured, after HA reboot only one will be shown):

I have: Weather, Climate, Presence, Welcome

That is documented behaviour. The issue is that we’re still waiting for the review by Netatmo.

Tanks a lot for this nice integration!

• Finally the light is working!
  • Camera respond much faster…

Will be in future the motion sensors also integrated?

Thanks for the kind words.

What motion sensors do you mean?

In the old integration (or standard integration) there were motion sensors as binary sensors:

binary_sensor.netatmo_presence_w_outdoor_human
binary_sensor.netatmo_presence_w_outdoor_car
binary_sensor.netatmo_presence_w_outdoor_unknown
binary_sensor.netatmo_presence_w_outdoor_known
binary_sensor.netatmo_presence_w_outdoor_pet

@thecem
No, those wont come back since they have been replace by events.

About the discovery issue, can you please update to (ccc795a) and let me know if that fixes the issue? I can’t reproduce the issue locally.

Which discovery issue?

1. the one with multi instances or
  2. the one with Home Assistant Cloud?

The cloud thing is not a discovery thing but a dependency with Netatmo. We simply don’t have the rights to the camera scope for the cloud link.

This is the attempt to fix the issue with multiple instances being discovered.

More precise:

• updated to ccc795a
  • HA restart
  • removed Netatmo integration
  • Ha restart
  • Multiple (6) instances are discovered (I have installed here 6 Cams, 1 thermostat, weather full and credentials in configuration.yaml)
  • picked the first on an configured it via “Home Assistant Cloud”
  • Only 6 of 12 devices are discovered
  • HA restart
  • Multiple instances are gone and 1 stays configured

Conclusion: same as before.

Let me know if I should test anything else. Thanks a lot!

Please don’t use “Home Assistant Cloud” if you’re using cameras until further notice. We will make it public once HA has been successfully reviewed by Netatmo and is permitted to use that scope. Until then you have to use your own dev account and Configuration.yaml.

Hi Tobi, any further insights into the Home Assistant Cloud and the camera usage? I’d like to test this component but also don’t lose my camera webhooks.

The Home Assistant Cloud link still can’t be used with a Netatmo camera. But it works fine with your own dev account. Regardless whether you use the test custom component or the normal release.

Since, 0.112 the presence light is not working:

## Protokolldetails ( WARNING )

Logger: homeassistant.components.light
Source: helpers/entity_platform.py:202 
Integration: Licht ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/light), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+light%22)) 
First occurred: 20:50:01 (6 occurrences) 
Last logged: 21:00:06

* Platform netatmo not ready yet. Retrying in 60 seconds.
* Platform netatmo not ready yet. Retrying in 90 seconds.
* Platform netatmo not ready yet. Retrying in 120 seconds.
* Platform netatmo not ready yet. Retrying in 150 seconds.
* Platform netatmo not ready yet. Retrying in 180 seconds.