Tuya Integration Stopped working

Hi All,

Still as a relative newbie, I’m running a Pi4 and SSD. With this, the Pi is running;

Home Assistant Core 2022.9.5
Home Assistant Supervisor 2022.09.1
Home Assistant OS 9.0

… and I’m basically (at this stage) only really using the Tuya integration, and a Broadlink integration.

I’ve had this same simple ish setup running on an older Pi with an SD Card, but migrated to a secondary Pi using an SSD for fear of the SD card dying on me.

As of this morning, the Tuya integration stopped working - seemingly following an attempt at updating the Home Assistant Core to 2022.9.7 … (I noticed the integration not working after the restart).

I now get the following error:

Error setting up entry [email protected] for tuya
10:29:54 AM – (ERROR) components/tuya/__init__.py

Full logs
2022-09-28 10:29:54.600 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Error setting up entry [email protected] for tuya
File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/tuya/__init__.py", line 79, in async_setup_entry
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tuya_iot/openapi.py", line 222, in connect
self.token_info = TuyaTokenInfo(response)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/tuya_iot/openapi.py", line 41, in __init__

Everything works in the Tuya app … and if I fire up my old Pi (that has HA running with an SD card) the Tuya integration still works fine.

In case it was something related to the HA Core update, I’ve tried to restore a backup from before this … but this hasn’t resolved the issue.

As much as my “old” SD card based Pi works (so should mean there’s no issue with my Tuya Account), having had an issue in the past with a Tuya password, I’ve also tried changing my Tuya password, then changing it back to the original password again just in case … (as per Tuya Integration - "Permission deny" error)

Now I’m just stuck … I’ve no idea what else to try … :confused:

Does anyone else have any issues with the Tuya integration today? Can anyone suggest how I can resolve this please?

Appreciate any help

Cliff

seems there is some change on tuya API today that kinda breaks the API token retrieval… it’s not you, more tuya reports since 2 hours orso

Thanks. Updated again and now back to all working.

Thanks to whoever fixed it :slight_smile:

I think I’m having similar issues … one day to another, it stopped working.
It gives me following feedback in the integrations overview (in the Tuya card):

Retrying setup: {‘code’: 1106, ‘msg’: ‘permission deny’, ‘success’: False, ‘t’: 1665476787154, ‘tid’: ‘664415fd493e11ed9fab22dacb9008b9’}

I’ve updated to the latest HaOs, but no success.
But maybe I’m still too early?

I’ve read that people were succesful by reloading or restarting, but maybe that doesn’t work for HaOS?

Any remarks / help?
Would be very appreciated!

no issues today. Would double check your credentials or redo them on the integration setup

How would one re-integrate/re-authenticate?

& Isn’t there a risk my entities are removed for a moment, and after, added with a different ID?

I mean; these are the only options I get right now:

Tried to remove and re-add the integration, with all the correct credentials;
But it fails to authenticate:

Oke: Update!

I’ve noticed I made a mistake when inserting the details for the configuration.
My bad!
But thanks a bunch for the advice, any way!
It’s working again.

1 Like

Leavin this here as well: Is anyone else having a problem with Tuya? - #46 by vongohren

Multiple data centers in the Tuya setup messes the communication with HA. So that the status and lights acts weird