Tuya v2 does not refresh states of entities

If it helps i’ve rolled back to both 11.2 and 11.1 and the issue still exists to me so my guess is the issue is on Tuya side.

Same here with Home Assistant 2021.11.5 and 2 pieces of Tuya - WiFi smart plugs (managed with SmartLife mobile app).

If I reload the Tuya integration in the integrations page of HA the states become correct as in case when we restart HA. But without them state reporting is wrong.

I tried to debug with Tuya IoT debug features, and there the states are defenitely correct.

So summarized:

• Tuya - IoT console have good states.
  • HA has also good states immediately after restart
  • HA has also good states after reload Tuya integration

We have wrong states just meanwhile we use HA, not before and not after :slight_smile:

Hey,

sry guys for not answering.

This was what I needed to get my devices work properly.
Thank you very much.

This worked for me for the last couple of weeks.
But now there is a new problem…

For some days my devices will not update its states immediately.
e.g. I have 6 smart plugs. When I switch them on/off, the states (just on my HA dashboard) do sometimes refresh and sometimes not. The switches itself are triggerd. This happens randomly to all of them and is not linked to any specific plug.
I have to trigger the switches (via HA) up to 5-10 times again until it switches its state. But even that doesn’t work 100%.
If I don’t try to synchronize the states, the switches will not turn on/off with any automated script.

Thank you for any helpful hints on this issue.

danny1989

2 Likes

Same here for me both on Tuya V2 and Tuya built in integration

Just to add that the devs are aware of this and working on a solution.

You can follow this issue on GitHub for updates on the latest developments.

1 Like

I have the current Ha updates and I see Tuya devices stopped working. As soon as I go to Integrations… Tuya and do ‘Update’ everything works correctly. Maybe if I could do an automated ‘Update’ it would stay working. I tried to follow the first post in this thread but I think they moved things around on the Tuya Development site as mine looks nothing like the above screen shot

How do you do this? I see no ‘Update’ option under integrations.

Tuya switch state in HA is just, broken.

I would not recommend a Tuya device to anyone who needs any sort of consistent reliable operation via Home Assistant.

I experience something truly annoying with the tuya cloud : I’m testing a power strip with the tuya integration. I can control the outlet independently in HA but, often I have to “reload” the Tuya integration to “refresh” or “re-establish” the connection between HA and the Tuya cloud service.

For exemple, I have widgets for each outlets on my Pixel 6 and I can turn them on but when I try to turn them off neither the widgets or the Tuya integration works. I have to reload the integration or open the tuya smart life app in order to turn off the outlets (seems like the integration doesn’t include the control all outlets in one service like in the tuya smart life app)

2 Likes

Same here, my Tuya power plugs don’t update the state anymore.
Annoying and needs to get fixed ASAP or I will switch to another solution!

1 Like

Same here. Nice if you have Tuya devices in a thermostat application. Either temperature will be tropical or its freezing. Already had frozen water pipes. Thank you Tuya!

1 Like

Same here, its irritating

try add device status notification in Tuya IoT Platform.

Tuya - Home Assistant

the same here, Tuya does not report status chaging, on 2 light bulbs and one smart switch

volvio a fallar…

cree una tarea de automatización que recarga el componente de integración cada 15mín, y hasta el momento me está funcionando.

This isn’t a bad idea as a work around, what did you enter at “Config entry id” ?
I just made it reload my area’s within Home Assistant.

Could you please explain how ot do this auto refresh?

Hi,

Create a new automation, trigger is a time pattern of 15min.
For the action call the service ‘Home Assistant Core Integration: Reload config entry’ and then you need to find the entity id of a Tuya device.
You can find that in the entities list under config.
Pick your device/entity and look at the settings and there should be a field for the ID.

1 Like

with the recend update of HA it seems the problem disappeared, maybe they fix it.