Tuya ZigBee Multi-Sensor 4 in 1 Smart PIR Motion Humidity Light Temperature Sensor

Does anyone have any experience or advice on these? They appear to be exactly what would be useful in my bathrooms. If I read the Zigbee2mqtt supported devices correctly they are supported. Have not had any luck finding a U.S. supplier, yet.

It appears to be the same as products made by Fantem (ZB003-x) and Immax (07502L).

Ordered one from Aliexpress on April 8, it arrived today. Beating their promise of June2. Hooked up a usb cable and it powered up. The blue LED could be seen. After pressing the ACTION button a few times it showed up in my Zigbee2MQTT. Control panel. I could rename it easily.

It initially said unsupported but that changed after a few minutes and Zigbee2MQTT said it was supported and reported it as a Fantem ZB003. So time to start playing around with it. I can see Humidity, Illuminance lux, Occupancy, and temperature. There is also something call Tamper.

There are controls for Humidity calibration, temperature calibration, illuminance calibration, reporting time and reporting enable, and PIR enable.

Looks like I got a lot to learn

1 Like

Just got mine powered up with batteries and paired with ZHA.

Illuminance and motion sensors work just fine, but temperature and humidity sensors do not. No tamper. I suspect it will need a ZHA Quirk.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 07.53.55
Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 07.54.03

@janick have you found a solution for this yet? i have bought this device also from ali.
And have the same problem i have read in the manual that you can turn the sensors off but this should be done using the software but i can,t seem to find any related switch in HA and ZHA?

also goolge does not help much while searching for the ZB003-x or TS0202 any help would be appreciated!

I have not. I found another thread (that I inconveniently cannot find again and link to here) that discusses the same issue and the consensus was that Tuya is using some non-standard commands to turn on TH broadcasting.

Ok thank you for your reply I will keep an eye on this thread would you mind share any new info you find on this? I will do the same offcourse.

I’m not sure why the temp and humidity aren’t updating, but there’s a way to manually update those sensors using ZHA toolkit (in HACS).

If you have that integration installed, then you can create an automation using “time pattern”
I set my time pattern to every five minutes and I run two service calls per sensor:

- service: zha_toolkit.execute
    data:
      command: attr_read
      ieee: [IEEE]
      cluster: 1029
      attribute: 0
      event_done: zha_done

data:
      ieee: [IEEE]
      cluster: 1026

The event_done is optional but helpful for debugging. ZHA toolkit should be able to set the reporting time without needing to do this automation, but I cannot get the command to work. I believe this automation will only work via USB power.

Hello wryandginger,

Super thanks for this update! but i,am a bit of a noob when it comes to this stuff i have HACS installed and i can create a automation using time pattern but how should it look? i cannot just paste your code into a automation yaml file right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

p.s. I just read your post again and installed zha toolkit using hacs the story continues

p.s.s i got zha toolkit working and i can define the extra parameters in using the zha toolkit but somehow it does not return an error but it does also not update the sensors so i,am a bit further thanks to you ! but still not completely there.

p.s.s.s. i have changed the “[IEEE]” in your example to the name of the usb powered sensor and it updated once! so there is still progress i will keep you posted if this works.

Just to report back. I have had my sensor up and running since late April. It seems to work fine. It detects me entering the room reasonably promptly. The Temp, Humidity, Lux, and battery sensors are all reporting something to HA. The numbers look reasonable and vary through out the day. So I assume they are working. I haven’t attempted calibration yet. A device does show up in HA for the calibration, maybe I try it out someday.

I am running Zigbee2Mqtt, which reports this as a supported device.

My only complaint, and it is important, is that it is a Motion Detector. If I am sitting at the computer it will time out and say the room is not occupied. There is a way to control how long this is but that really doesn’t solve the issue. Because if I set it high enough to not time out while I am at the desk, it means it will take that long to turn off after I leave the room. It is a Motion Detector, not an Occupancy sensor. Most likely will work find for bathrooms and laundry room. But not for an office

1 Like

Did a little research on the issues reported here.

The Aliexpress site says to repair the sensor if the Temp and Humidity are not working.

Reviews of this device on Aliexpress strongly suggest that the calibration of the sensors only works when the device is powered via the USB connection. Once calibrated you can then switch over to batteries.

1 Like

Hi Copywiz,
I’m glad you’re able to get it some of it working. First, always test your service calls in Developer Tools to figure out how to do it correctly. That’s the best/easiest way to learn how to do this stuff. Lot’s of trial and error. The more you play, the easier this all gets.

In my example [IEEE] should be replaced with your device’s IEEE.
(To find your sensor’s IEEE, go to Settings → Devices & Services → Devices → Search for your multi-sensor → Look in the Device Info Box → It’s listed under Zigbee Info.)

Here’s my exact automation yaml:
If you cut and paste all of this, you must change the IEEE. In my experience, using names/entity IDs for this won’t work.

alias: Manually Refresh Multi Sensors
description: 'Forces an attribute read on temp and humid clusters'
trigger:
  - platform: time_pattern
    minutes: /5
condition: []
action:
    data:
      ieee: 8c:f0:00:ff:ff:00:00:99
      cluster: 1029
      tries: 10
    data:
      ieee: 8c:f0:00:ff:ff:00:00:99
      cluster: 1026
      tries: 10
mode: single

Hi Hesmith1029,
Based on what I’ve read, it does look like Zigbee2Mqtt users aren’t having this problem. When using ZHA the temp and humidity don’t report except when initially paired. Manually reading the clusters (either via ZHA toolkit or from “Manage Clusters” in the device directly) do report accurate readings.

It sounds like what you really want is an occupancy sensor or human presence sensor (so if you’re not moving it still detects your presence). Motion sensors like these are called PIR or passive infrared motion sensors, it requires movement to detect motion. Sitting at a desk probably isn’t enough movement for any PIR sensor; I’ve got the same issue too.

However, occupancy sensors use mmWave radar and the Doppler effect to determine if there’s a body in the room. AliExpress has a few of these:

I have that last one on order and I’ll let you know if it works any better once it arrives.

The tip from AliExpress about re-pairing to fix the temp and humidity doesn’t work for me. I tried it a few different times. Since things appear to be working on Z2M, I would guess that the problem will resolve on ZHA in a future update. As someone else pointed out, it might need a ZHA quirk too. The automation I made fixes things for now on ZHA.

Thank you @wryandginger for that automation. Works like a charm.

1 Like

Been following the conversation, I’m interested in this device but I’m curious though what the battery life is between charges. I sort of like the Aqara sensors in terms of just using a changeable battery, as it means I don’t have to move the device somewhere for it to recharge. How are you all handling the recharge process?

Unfortunately I don’t know about the battery life…Fortunately these take either CR123A batteries or you can use the micro USB port in the battery compartment. It’s not ideal, but maybe running a long micro usb cable might be a good option. The mount is also magnetic, so it’s easily removed to change batteries if you need to go that direction.

I read in another forum/thread that using rechargeable CR123A batteries messes with the motion sensor, giving false motion alerts due to battery voltage problems. I just decided to go with keeping it powered via USB to get around all the battery issues. You also cannot use batteries and the USB at the same time. The USB port straddles both battery slots, so I don’t see how you could fit even one battery and use the port. The documentation does say you can operate using one battery or two.

The issue with keeping it USB powered is the battery door doesn’t close with it plugged in. To account for this, I just drilled a small hole to let the cord pass through. You can also just leave the battery door off or there may be some extra slim usb cables that might fit with the door closed. Besides these small issues, it works just fine with USB power. (fwiw: The sensor is still an end device and doesn’t route when plugged in)

I feel like such a huge fanboy for these sensors. I have 4 of them and I love how responsive they are. They’re on par/better than Philips Hue motion sensors in my setup and I love that they’re significantly cheaper and never need batteries. I highly recommend these even with the reporting weirdness.

1 Like

Just following up on my post earlier (sorry If I’m spamming the thread). I just got two of these occupancy sensors in the mail yesterday.

Unfortunately they don’t yet work with ZHA. I put in a device support request. I tried appending the manufacturer info to the quirk for other mmWave devices, but I can’t get the entity to show motion. (see: [Device Support Request] · Issue #1590 · zigpy/zha-device-handlers · GitHub)

It appears to be the same basic design as the sensor mentioned here:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/tuya-wifi-smart-human-body-sensor-radar-microwave-motion-sensor/426846

It will likely have the same kinds of issues as the wifi version given that they both use the same sensor module. So, I can’t really recommend the radar device at this time.

So, there’s a working custom quirk available on the ZHA device handlers github. In my house I have these on a wall pointed at places where I’d be sitting still/working but not making movement that a PIR would catch. So far there are very few false readings. I really like these so far. It seems like they take some time to calibrate – I had a lot of false alerts initially but none now for two days.

Assuming that a quirk is written to adjust cooldown time (24 seconds is what this can do!) and adjust target distance, this would be a perfect occupancy sensor.

hey mate, what do mean by calibration?

if it helps anyone reading this … for NO humidity & temperature you need to set the “Clusters” under device info for the unit … would appear the hum & temp arent pointing at anything

To what? How?

I have the same question :slight_smile: The sensor works fine, it does auto update in Decon, but I prefer to use ZHA. But in ZHA , humidity and temperature are not updated :frowning: