Tuya Zigbee Signal Repeater working with ZHA and Conbee 2

I just got this repeater, and I could add it through ZHA and Conbee 2 combination. It shows as a router and you can add another devices through this little repeater.

I got it from Aliexpress and the advert says multiple times “it only works with a Tuya Zigbee Hub”, but that is not the case, it just works in HA with ZHA.
Repeater is on sale now and you can get it here if you want to try:

My Zigbee network is not that big, I am planning to get more Zigbee devices in future.

On blakadder.com you can see the same device but since it is new it is not shown as working with HA, ZHA or Conbee 2:
https://zigbee.blakadder.com/Tuya_TS0207.html
Model number is same as my device.

Here a screenshot of my device:

I received 2 of these today and added both without any issue to my Zigbee network, pairing is simple, put the repaeter in the USB power source remove and add 3 times till the little blue LED starts to blink and it shows up in ZHA pairing page in couple seconds.
Ordered 3 more.

Unfortunately I can’t show my Zigbee map since the visualization card does not work properly, it was working sometimes and sometimes Lovelace said there was not such a card or it even ruin my setup pages when it was trying to load, nothing was loading in configuration links, sometime I couldn’t even edit my dashboards because of it, so I had to remove it from my dashboard.

1 Like

@Sp4wN

These are not supported by the Conbee II via Deconz and are not functioning as repeaters.

I’ve requested device support here: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/issues/4175

@TheLaw Do you use with ZHA integration or with deCONZ?

I have 3 of these in my HA system through ZHA and several devices are connected through these sticks.
How did you try to connect?

I’ve been trying to get alternative ways to view my ZHA network. See a work in progress and I a noob. You might give this my latest iteration here at github. You can run this from the command line any where you can get browser access to your HA server (intranet at least no Nabu Casa or remote as yet). It will let you see current status and captures history in SQLite DB. Interested to see what these routers are connecting to and what what LQI.

So, is everything working fine for you with tuya zigbee extender sticks? Any issues? Can you share some screenshots while you are adding them to your network?

I can’t show you a screenshot while adding these sticks because they are already added.

But other than that, they work great so far, here a screen capture from my network visualization, moving around one of these sticks to show the connections:

Thanks for sharing

Back to here, i am using zigbee2mqtt and attaching tuya extender into a standalone zigbee coordinator. I can see that extender is added but i am not able to add a device through repeater itself. Do you happen to know if this is working with zigbee2mqtt?

I am using ZHA, sorry I can’t help you with zigbee2mqtt.

But according to this list, it should work with zigbee2mqtt:

Hi,
can someone please help me? please
how can i pair the Conbee2 with the Tuya Zigbee extender as well as with the kea TRADFRI.
i have tried many but somehow it does not work
Thank you

I have see the device support request in github. But I am not familiar with commit requests. I seem to understand that Tuya repeater support was now added. See: Add initial support for Tuya extender. by Smanar · Pull Request #4474 · dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin · GitHub
What do I need to do to install the deconz version that supports it (if any)?

@aagaag You’ll need the latest phoscon app. I using the windows desktop app, so I’ll just need to install the latest version when it include the repeater.

I have this version, but no joy… :frowning:

@aagaag Read the change logs, have not had a chance. May be coming in a later app update.

I collected some more info and links about it here → https://github.com/zigpy/zigpy/discussions/736

Really strange design if they did not add any buttons and instead use mobile app to enable paring?

Do you have any of the a aqara end devices? How are they behaving with this repeater? Any signal drops?

These have been proven to cause network stability issues. They black hole traffic from non tuya devices under certain circumstances.

I have been using these around my 3 story house and very happy with results, haven’t had black hole effect, can you share any links to learn more on this?

I have tuya, aqara, osram devices working fine.

Thanks, I checked this one (Tuya Zigbee USB Range Extender / USB Dongle Signal Repeater (Tuya SKU: "RP280" / Zigbee ID: "TS0207") · Discussion #736 · zigpy/zigpy · GitHub) but i don’t see specific issue, content is very similar to your post.