UK WIFI Smart Socket - Screwfix - Testing

@PBZ

Hi. As the PR been submitted as yet? Not sure how to access the host files to update. Running on VM supervised from the download page on ha website.

Cheers

@frank451 another user (b4dpxl) has just had their request approved https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/42314

The changes are essentially the exact same as mine so thereā€™s no point in me submitting.

Iā€™m fairly new to HA, I am thinking of picking a couple of these up, however want to check how I would integrate. From reading do I add the custom_broadlink into the custom_components folder, then add a few lines as above to the configuration.yaml?

I got slightly lost working out how to add the second one, what do I need to do to get second working? Sorry for all the questions!

do we know how long these PR approvals take to get in to the beta builds typically?

I really need the BG1 support, but I canā€™t find the host files in my VirtualBox HASSIO instance of HA, much like @frank451.

I canā€™t find anything like /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components in any of the files systems I can findā€¦

Access the files system via VB.

Shouldnā€™t be long now. Looks like itā€™s just been merged into the dev branch https://github.com/home-assistant/core/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/broadlink

1 Like

EDIT: RESOLVED

• had to partially configure the socket with the IHS app(selecting wifi socket), then kill the IHS app once the flickering red lights changed(and device started to add itself to the wifi).
  • Added perfectly first time then in homeassistant.

Heya, I know this isnā€™t actually your PR that got added, but felt this thread was updated and giving me some useful pointers so farā€¦ so figured Iā€™d updated here.

Attempted to add a device, having upgraded to the dev branch on my homeassistant. Wondering if anyone has any top tips on ā€œunlockingā€ the device.

Iā€™ve attempted to add the device using a multitude of different Broadlink apps, none of which workā€¦ well, the original really old app configures the wifi correctly, but device is unknown.

the latest IHC software, you have to specify which device youā€™re trying to add, and none of them work for me.

The BG app itself clearly doesnā€™t have an unlock feature, or well I cant find it if it does!

You just need to do the reset socket/partial reconfigure and that will sort it. As youā€™ve already got it paired with the Broadlink app you may as well do a firmware update before you reset it.

1 Like

on the money.

That worked perfectly, now have two sets of sockets configured perfectly.
Thanks for all you did to make this happen also @PBZ.

1 Like

Hi,

is support for the BG plugs now in the standard release, Iā€™m quite new to HA and am struggling to get them to work. Any tips or instructions?

There seem to be a number of solutions to the BG libraries, and Iā€™m rather confused!

Thanks

I think itā€™s coming in the next release

Thanks!

Any idea of an ETA? Should I keep on battling, or just wait.

1st week in December I believe. So Iā€™d wait.

1 Like

Checked the release notes for 0.118.4, the next release is due out 13th December 2020.

Great, Nest thermostat is interesting too, would be good to get that integrated.

I was running the dev branch in Docker before it was merged. Now it is merged, Iā€™ve switched to running the latest Home Assistant OS (with Supervisor) in Virtual Box.

The sockets work most of the time but then I randomly get ā€˜Unavailableā€™ for all of the sockets (I have 6 2-gang sockets). They work from the Broadlink app but not in HA.

Any advice for debugging this (Iā€™m fairly new to HA and have no idea about custom logging or how to tell what is related to what).

Seems related to the thread but happy to start a new one if thatā€™s preferred. Iā€™d like to get as much info as possible before opening a GitHub issue.

1 Like

Has this feature been added to teh new release? I could not see anything in the release notes.
Thanks
Paul

Yes, its all working now. I have been waiting for this and the latest update allowed me to add them.

Has anyone got the BG Smart Plug working? I added a line to test it in the init.py file for broadlink integration:

0x51e2: (sp2, "AHC/U-01", "BG Electrical"),

Integration config flow found the device and added, but only asking for the name, with no device or entities added. I have put in a request for the device type to be added, but has anyone had any luck editing the local files for a temporary fix for any unsupported broadlink devices?

My BG Smart Plug worked straight away.
I deleted the plug from the BG app so it went back into pairing mode.
I just did ā€˜add integrationā€™, select ā€˜broadlinkā€™ and then typed in the IP address of the plug at the exact same time as I added it in the BG app.

Weird. Must be a slightly different version. I bought this one a couple of years ago, and the particular hex isnā€™t supported. Is your plug newer?