Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js

No need to pull the plug. Attach a keyboard and use the magic sysrq key

1 Like

Managed to get someone at home to hard reboot the Pi and this did the trick. Hopefully it won’t happen again but certainly this should be looked into. If I had the knowledge I would do so, and it goes without saying that I appreciate all the free time given to this project by the various devs.

Updated HA and Core no more than two week ago. It runs in a VM on Unraid server.
Clicking Supervisor results in this error:

Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

Like theCheek mentioned, i my log also shows this:

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.http
Source: components/hassio/http.py:105
Integration: Hass.io (documentation, issues)
First occurred: July 18, 2020, 6:16:03 PM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:36:53 PM

Client error on api app/entrypoint.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed (‘172.30.32.2’, 80)]

And there are many more verbose errors, often mentioning the IP, some just saying “Can’t read last version:”.

Broke my head the whole day after I did an update that broke my HA. I am running HA with Hassio on Docker under Linux. What helped me:

1. sudo apt-get update (always a good idea)
  2. sudo apt-get -y install network-manager (should be installed [not sure why but hey… was installed anyway]
  3. sudo systemctl stop hassio-supervisor.service (broken anyway)
  4. docker stop $(docker ps -a -q) (stop all docker containers)

You now need to remove all the broken docker container (and images!!). In case you wanna go the fast lane remove all container and images with these two simple commands…

1. docker rm $(docker ps -a -q) ()
  2. docker rmi $(docker images -a -q)

Finally start hassio-supervisor service again so it re-download all the images and get things back to life:

1. sudo systemctl start hassio-supervisor.service

ATTENTION:

You will loose all Addons you did install beforehand. The good news. You can easily “re-install” them (1. copy config, 2. uninstall, 3. install, 4. paste config, 5. start). Drawback: Your former data stored is gone (remember you probably did remove all containers and images). Maybe someone is patient enough to figure out if removing just homeassistant- and hassio_* -containers would have been sufficient?!

for reference:

And definitely I will follow this guidance next time before just clicking “update”

Got same issue since this morning. Yesterday eve everything works like a charm, no updates nothing. This morning my hassio containers are broken (file editor, node-red, supervisor etc.). With the known errors as above (including not finding the version etc.). Annoying issue!

The same for me. Everything was good yesterday and the error (for the first time) this morning

1 Like

Yeah Exactly the same here. Didn’t see this one before either, looks like an update this night or something?

It’s maybe coming from the supervisor 231 (https://github.com/home-assistant/supervisor/releases) released yesterday for HASS core 0.114

1 Like

Yeah, that will be the cause I guess. Question is, why is it getting those errors? I’ll ask a bit around also on Github. Let’s try to get the systems up again :wink:

Not really funny, being on holiday and not been able to reboot the Pi, a manual restart is also not possible now. :confused:

Yep, being away and not being able to control HA sucks. My HA is fully functional but can’t get into Supervisor because of this error. Tried hassio.host_reboot in a script but nothing happened. I guess I will have to wait until I get home…

Same here. yesterday without issues.
Even this afternoon no issues.

This evening I got the error Unable to load the panel source: /api/hassio/app/entrypoint.js.

Supervisor, ESPHome, Grafana,Glances can not be opened.

Client error on api app/entrypoint.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]

10:15:12 PM – Hass.io (ERROR) - message first occurred at 10:04:24 PM and shows up 15 times

http://192.168.30.3:8123/frontend_latest/chunk.31f238a86e8412f71462.js:2:61107 Uncaught YAMLException: unacceptable kind of an object to dump [object Undefined]

10:02:39 PM – components/system_log/__init__.py (ERROR) - message first occurred at 10:02:29 PM and shows up 2 times

Can't read last version:

9:26:46 PM – Hass.io (WARNING) - message first occurred at 4:56:46 AM and shows up 19 times

Client error on /info request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]

9:26:46 PM – Hass.io (ERROR) - message first occurred at 4:56:46 AM and shows up 19 times

lociii/homeassistant-digitalstrom - Repository is archived.

9:23:55 PM – HACS (ERROR) - message first occurred at August 10, 2020, 2:43:53 AM and shows up 9 times

Also getting this after last update. Any ideas?

1 Like

Me too after last update.
I just noticed today in my log tab:

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: homeassistant.components.hassio.http
Source: components/hassio/http.py:105
Integration: Hass.io (documentation, issues)
First occurred: August 12, 2020, 6:55:52 AM (14 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:09:08 AM 

Client error on api app/frontend_latest/chunk.36971f23006746a690bf.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
    Client error on api app/frontend_latest/chunk.55b1f7fab1b891b04b5a.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
    Client error on api app/frontend_latest/chunk.2eb4ad670ff555ef93c0.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
    Client error on api app/entrypoint.js request Cannot connect to host 172.30.32.2:80 ssl:None [Connect call failed ('172.30.32.2', 80)]
1 Like

I was also getting this error and so I had to put my HA back to 113.3, problem solved! LOL

I learned my lessons when it comes to HA updates/upgrades. In the past I take HA snapshots before upgrading, but snapshots are useless if you can’t get to Supervisor. So I only upgrade every 2 or 3 major upgrades or there’s I new feature I like. But before I upgrade, I clone my machine. Well worth it when issues like this happens! I use Clonezilla, so many tutorials on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=clonezilla

1 Like

After last update to 0.114.1 I get this error. Supervisor docker can’t be find anymore:

Aug 15 14:01:26 hassio hassio-supervisor[16329]: Error: No such object: homeassistant/armv7-hassio-supervisor
Aug 15 14:01:26 hassio systemd[1]: hassio-supervisor.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Aug 15 14:01:26 hassio systemd[1]: hassio-supervisor.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.

1 Like

Got this issue for a few minutes after updating supervisor. Restarted the VM and it seems to have sorted itself out.

1 Like

Then you lucky, for me a reboot didn’t help. Yesterday did a full reinstall of HA :frowning:
Now I have a other problem:

"You are running an unsupported installation."

It worked for me now! I just unplugged power from rpi and waited. Last time I have to start from the beginning… Why is it happening? This is like third time this year.