Unable to setup HomeKit bridge

Using the docker container in host-mode doesn’t make a difference in my case

1 Like

my docker based hass.io supervised in my case is running in the host network mode according to the details I found form portainer. I still would like to fix this issue so I could use Siri (am planning to get two more HomePod mini when it releases soon) and get rid of amazon echo.

hoping someone in similar situation chip in for their feedbacks. thanks.

I am having the same issue. I have a Dream Machine. I attempted to configure the mDNS settings as in the following link which did not work. I also attempted to turn mDNS off completely and had the same issue. My homebridge setup is a bit different, I have my home assistant loaded in TrueNas XL. This seems to be an issue with ubiquitin in particular.

I had Qnap NAS, so installed latest HASS 117.6 on container, after its created I setup homekit and from iPhone Home app it was able to find 25 new devices and seem work.

For now I will leave the secondary HASS install from Qnap just to use from Siri.

One reason I didn’t want to setup on QNAP container is I couldn’t find a way to update images when has releases new version.

Okay I got this working on my setup. It was an issue with multi-cast not being allowed on the wireless network as is posted here in the ha forum.

I ended doing the following:

I enabled the mdns on the UDM.

Next I enabled Multicast enhancement on the WIFI network Misc settings.

Next I disabled Multicast Filtering on the WIFI network.

I also turned on IGPM snooping to limit multicast to devices that accept it and protect from DoS attacks.

2 Likes

It turns out, its not Qnap, a day later I tried on my linux box of my original HA, and it just worked. Its like a magic, the day my two HomePod mini is suppose to arrive and HomeKit started working. I honestly don’t know why.

I’m experiencing the same issue. I’m running HA core on a docker container, and after installing the HomeKit integration and scanning the QR code on my iPhone it tries to connect for a while and then returns “Accessory not found”. No pointers whatsoever to the reason.

same issue here. did anyone come up with the solution?

Had the same issue. Solved.

Found out that my iPhone for some reason turn the wi-fi connection to hotspot mode during the connection procedure, so that the HA on RPi could not be found.

Just re-enable wifi interface of iPhone (so that it is able to connnect to appropriate wifi network). After that you should see notification that the HASS-Bridge has been found.

Where is the option to turn off multicast filtering?

the network_mode: host is supported only on Linux hosts check details here

Is there any workaround solution now? I met same issue.
WIFI: UDM (tried the solution mentioned above, but didn’t work)

Bump… any update?

Same issue here. Also with a Unifi device (USG). Tried to do the mDNS & multicat tricks, no solution for me.

I had the same issue with HomeKit Bridge and UDM Pro. I resolved my issue by making sure my phone and Home Assistant were connected to the same network. I have my wifi AP set to be a different subnet than the wired HA server (phone was on 10.100.5.0/24 and the HA server was on 10.100.1.0/24). Once I connected my phone to a wifi AP that was on the same subnet, everything worked as expected.

I’ve stumbled across this thread for while I’m also trying to setup HomeKit (bridge). I have a similar setup to most of the folks here in the thread but I’m not trying to do anything crazy with my local network. My only complicating factor is that I’m running HA inside Docker on a modern Synology. All latest versions, all essentially stock.

Can someone specify exactly which ports and protocols need to pass from my iDevices to the HA docker instance in order for HomeKit bridging to work?

2 Likes

I trying to add a portainer homebridge into home assistant.
It is detected within integrations but when trying to configure it gets stuck, not asking for a pin.
What do I do wrong?

Hmm, none of these works. I simply tried everything, my homeassistant is running on the same network with the appletv. My phone is on the same network. Opened ports 21065,21063,5353, and 8123. Nothing works. Igmp, multicast etc. no combination of these settings work either. I also tried opening every single port from appletv to docker host. Did not work either. When I take down the entire firewall system on synology docker host. Then it works. But when you re-enable the firewall, it starts struggling with the connecting to exposed services. And graded down to a point where nothing works again.

So I guess the only option left is to delete homeassistant and forget about this since even the guides on homeassistant is not a followable guide.

3 Likes

I had this issue too, HA on docker. Fixed by changing network mode to ‘host’

1 Like