Universal Remote Card - Buttons, Touchpads, Sliders, and Keyboards for Multiple Platforms

Sounds like a HACS path issue, possibly related to HACS v2. You should check your resources list and make sure that the listing for this card is using the new file name /hacsfiles/android-tv-card/universal-remote-card.min.js. and not the old android-tv-card.min.js file name.

Everything was in its place and other HACS installs worked fine. Strangely only this one was being impacted. I verified the filesystem path and it was also correct. Using the new name.

Is it possible to use this with a Chromecast with Google TV without the Android TV Remote integration?

I am having issues with this integration which requires me to remove and re-pair the integration weekly. I have the ADB integration enabled which works fine without needing to re-pair. Can you use this ADB integration for navigation (touchpad, volume, home, back etc.?)

Thanks!

The Fire TV platform uses ADB, try that.

Anyone seeing this issue where icons that have a CSS style applied to them show up blue when the if statement is false? This only happens on iOS and not Mac.

:host {
  --icon-color:         
      {% if is_state_attr('media_player.music_flow_sh7b_3c_8a', 'is_volume_muted', true ) %}
      red
      {% endif %}
}

The icons below the trackpad do not have a CSS style applied with an if statement and they show up white as expected.

It’s an issue with how iOS WebView handles CSS inheritance. Does it still happen if you move the template around --icon-color or define icon color using the icon selector (or a combination of the two)?

:host {
  {% if is_state_attr('media_player.music_flow_sh7b_3c_8a', 'is_volume_muted', true ) %}
  --icon-color: red;
  {% endif %}
}

.icon{
  color:
    red;
    {% endif %}
}

No luck with either option unfortunately. I tried adding elif statement as below but the icon disappears
</s> <s>:host {</s> <s> --icon-color: </s> <s> {% if is_state_attr('media_player.music_flow_sh7b_3c_8a', 'is_volume_muted', true ) %}</s> <s> red</s> <s> {% elif %}</s> <s> white</s> <s> {% endif %}</s> <s>}</s> <s>

Scratch that using the below worked!

.icon{
  color:
    red;
    {% endif %}
}

Hi, one of my cards is impacted by breaking changes to V4. I guess I have to replace “touchpad_style” and probably “custom_keys” as they are no longer part of the documentation, but not totally sure how to implement the changes.
Would you mind providing some guidance and/or reference to the relevant procedure? Thank you!

- type: custom:android-tv-card
      remote_id: remote.rss
      rows:
        - - touchpad
      touchpad_style:
        height: 10rem
        background: transparent
        opacity: 20%
      custom_keys:
        up:
          service: script.rss_headlines_increment
        down:
          service: script.rss_headlines_decrement
        left:
          service: script.rss_headlines_increment
        right:
          service: script.rss_headlines_decrement
        center:
          action: url
          url_path: |
            {% set n = states('counter.news_rss_counter') | int %}
            {{ state_attr('sensor.radio_canada_rss','entries')[n].link }}

You need to open your remote in the new configuration UI and click on UPDATE OLD CONFIG at the bottom of the general tab. It’s mentioned in the v4 post above, the v4 release notes, and the README.

1 Like

Anyone got working yaml for keyboard to work? Using an ADB device it always says One of entity_id must be provided.

I’ve provided the ADB device like this just to test.

- type: custom:android-tv-card
  remote_id: remote.living_room_google_tv
  media_player_id: media_player.living_room_google_tv
  rows:
    - keyboard

If you use the configuration UI, there’s a field for keyboard_id.

I use a yaml config for HA so don’t think that’s possible.

Oops, Missed it. Was expecting manual changes / not used to seeing transition tools like this, great work. Thanks for your support.

I’m trying to get this set up for my SamsungTV. I was using the TV Remote Card but this seems to have a few limitations - and also looks abandoned.
With the other remote, I was able to add buttons to go immediately to a particular channel. I used the following code to do this:

bbc_1:
    icon: mdi:numeric-1-box
    service: media_player.play_media
    service_data:
      entity_id: media_player.kitchentv
      media_content_id: '101'
      media_content_type: channel

I’m not sure how I would add that to this remote though.

Also - selecting a source doesn’t seem to function either. Not sure what is going on there!

Use the configuration UI! You should just have to provide your Samsung TV entity IDs and set platform to Samsung. You can also add custom actions using the UI for new sources.

With the source, I have added a new button in the UI, but it isn’t working. I know there is a native Netfilx button, but this is basically so I can see how to add my other sources. I can select Netflix using the media player source selector (and in my old remote), but this doesn’t seem to do anything.
this is the YAML from the new button:

type: button
name: NetflixNew
autofill_entity_id: true
icon: phu:netflix-alt
value_attribute: friendly_name
tap_action:
  action: source
  source: Netflix
  remote_id: remote.kitchentv

So I have managed to create a change source button, however I had to do it using the ‘Perform Action’ option in tap behaviour as the ‘Source’ option doesn’t seem to work. This is the button code now:

type: button
name: NetflixNew
autofill_entity_id: true
icon: phu:netflix-alt
tap_action:
  action: perform-action
  perform_action: media_player.select_source
  target:
  data:
    source: Netflix

Per the README, the source action is shortcut for remote.turn_on, not media_player.select_source.

1 Like

Thanks for that!
Absolutely awesome work by the way!! It really is a fantastic remote! Looking forward to building a few more remotes for my other TV’s :grinning:

1 Like

Remember everyone! The current default sources lists for the new platforms are limited, and I could use help expanding them.