Unkown tuya chip

Currently I was needed to reverse engineering Moes 104 motherboard (more on that in near future - stay tuned :wink: ).
BUT!!
I have good news for all who has Moes 104(B) WiFi+RF with transplanted ESP - RF communication actually works like a charm :slight_smile: Just follow original Moes manual for pairing :slight_smile: (tested on Sonoff RF Bridge)

hello, I bought two smartplug bsd33 on aliexpress, inside I found the cb2s module and not the wb2s as in your case I wanted to know if it is possible to transplant the module and if so where can I buy it? In case you can do the module is already operational with tasmota?
I am attaching a photo of the wifi module

It is pin compatible so it should work. I can sell you a few modules, send me a private message if you want.

ok perfect thank you, I would be willing to buy them the only thing I don’t see the possibility of sending private messages maybe because I’m new my account is limited

Hello, how to start flashing this module? WT-01N Im trying with no luck. If its really pin compatible with WB2S it should work in smart plug but i cannot flash and load Tasmota to this module

Same as any other ESP chip. Connect Rx,Tx, GND and 3V3 to your USB adapter. GPIO0 to GND and flash to your content

Thanks, looks im one step further,
Propably problem was I tried to program a chip soldered to the socket… Now esptool recognize device as ESP8285, gives me MAC and writes some data to chip but after that nothing, no wireless network etc.
Ive try with Tasmotizer send wifi config and gives me OK 52bytes send but again device not connecting to my wifi etc - should be connected somethin more to 3,3?

Hello,
I’ve bought Ledvance LED donut which you all know is tuya based.
Internally I’ve found WB2L controller, attached some images. The lamp is only White/Yellow as you can see only two PWM pins are soldered.
Could you please help me which is the most suitable controller for direct replacement and after that flashing Tasmota. I found some messages above for ESP8285 and TW-02, but I’m little confused, because the projects described are RGBW

You can replace it with a TYWE2L or DT-Light ESP8285 Lighting Module (DMP-L1) Configuration for Tasmota

RBG or CT does not matter for the module choice, you set the colors in the firmware

Thank you very much!
So TYWE2L is Tuya but supported by Tasmota?
I’m asking because it has very similar size, name and pinouts to WB2L.
May be ESP8285 will be better replacement.

Is Tuya’s ZigBee device applicable?

Could you tell me how much this equipment costs?

Use adapter plate or fly wire.

Almost a year later, I bought an ESP8266 12s and flashed with Tasmota. Soldered instead of WRE3 (Same pinout as 8266 12s) and it’s working. Now the problem is: Try to understand which GPIO are connected to peripherals like 433 / 315 RF | IR and how to make it work. If someone has already done something like this a little help would be appreciated.
Edit: This is a Moes (?) Ufo R2, sometimes called RF-R1.

Hi, did you manage to get your GPIO templates working for the 433/315 rf?

hi @blakadder
I removed this tuya chip, is this still considered pin compatible even with different gpio14/16 pins position compared to esp12f?

The pin positions aren’t an issue since you can simply use wires to hook it up

Is it advisable to just solder the esp12f to the pcb as is?
Then configure the pins through the templates?

Since the power and enable pins are the same that should work, except if you need to use a data connection with the TX and RX pins as you won’t be able to reassign them as far as I know. I could be wrong about that though as I haven’t tried to reassign TX and RX before

I’ll look into the tasmota template settings again if it’s actually doable
Saw this wb3s with a similar pinouts except only the top (tx1,rx1) were used