Unkown tuya chip

in the same situation with the same WB2S chip
the wb2s and the TYWE2S looks similar
was wondering how to connect all the GPIO’s and get the power monitor working

1 Like

update: did the organ transplant
works like magic

1 Like

@speebman Did you get power monitoring working, how did you wire up?

i used this guide https://medium.com/@peter.feerick/converting-a-medion-life-smart-plug-to-tasmota-dff741bfc35e

1. flash your esp12 with tasmota
  2. unsolder the wb2s (the same chip as the Tywe2s)

https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/wifibt-dual-mode-module/wb-series-module/wb2s-module-datasheet?id=K9ghecl7kc479

3.mark what pin on the board connected to what pin on the wb2s

connect the esp in the same way as the wb2s

4 Likes

Hi @speebman,

I have the exact same device with the WB2S chip.
I also turn out to have an esp 12-F, esp M3 and esp M2.
Based on the pins that have to be connected I think that both esp M2 and esp 12-F should do the job and I will try to do it with them.
What I was wondering was what is your configuration that you use in Tasmota to show the power monitoring?
Could you share it here?

Hello guys (@speebman, @gerasalus)

I am happy to report that I did a successful transplantation!

I have the same exact Wifi Smart Plug with the WB2S Module (BK7231T).

I followed @speebman’s instructions and everything worked out in the end.

Here are some photos:

3 Likes

@nvvasilev @speebman I wanted to try this approach, but am unfortunately failing at the very first step: I can’t get the damn plug open! The approach outlined here does not seem to work for me. Any hints?

The only clip is under the power button
Try to stick something underneath and pull

2 Likes

@speebman Thanks for the reply! So: stick something between the outer and inner shell of the power plug at the side of the power button facing the prongs, then pulling the inner shell from the outer shell should just work? Just spent about 15 minutes trying, but didn’t manage to get it open :frowning:.

If yours is heaviliy glued try heating the seams to loosen the glue up

2 Likes

@unknowntuyachip I’ve opened by using a vice. Wrapped my socked into a towel, put in vice and applied pressure. Rotated several times, and it popped.

1 Like

@nvvasilev
Hello, I am planning the same transplantation (WB2S with BK7231 out, ESP12 in) on the same plug.
I wonder if you would share the connections between the plug and the ESP12 module?
Thanks in advance,
JP

@blakadder
Hello, is there a chance we will be able to flash the Beken chip with Tasmota in the near future?
Thanks,
JP

1 Like

Hi @Jean_Slootmans

You can check out @speebman’s post: Unkown tuya chip
I followed the steps and links that he provided :slight_smile:
Hope this helps :wink:

Hi, that is corect, it is a Beken chip; The BK7231TQN32.
Looks pretty much on a ESP, so far I did not manage to flash it.
I think it will be possible but the current Tasmota firmware maybe is not compatible.

BK7231 looks like a SoC with an ARM processor, which is a completely different beast from the ESP’s.

I bought a Moes Ufo-R2-RF, I didn’t know about new only-Tuya chip. This one has a WR3E, which is not compatible (yet, I hope) with Tasmota. Didn’t tried to flash it tho, no one on internet know this product. If anyone needs pics here it is

I bought a Calex led bulb these days and after some failed tries to tasmotize it, I opened and I found out it has WB3L chip inside. Unfortunately, I have to wait to get tasmota on it, if this will happen anytime.

I have another one. It seems that all chinese from now have this WB2S chips onboard. :face_vomiting: I was hoping to find finally one product with ESP chip. But as this is my 4th try, I will give up. At least we still can “upgrade” these products.
So here it comes:
QIACHIP Smart Switch from Aliexpress

{“NAME”:“Qiachip”,“GPIO”:[32,1,1,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:1}

Hope I can help. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Nvvasilev,

Did you by any change het the physical power switch to work as well?
I also have a working transplant (your pictures convinced me it could be done :D) and all is working expect the physical on/of switch for me.