Unkown tuya chip

Hi, @fexion

Yes, the physical switch works as well in my case. I made sure that all soldering joints make contact to the pins of the ESP chip and that they do not interfere with each other, as the distance between them is small. And I got the configuration from here: https://medium.com/@peter.feerick/converting-a-medion-life-smart-plug-to-tasmota-dff741bfc35e

I found the issue after some troubleshooting.
The button works when i move it to the TX GPIO 1.

I am completly new to this so maybe you can answer a question.
should TX be soldered to TX and RX to RX?
I had the understanding this needed to be crossed TX->RX and RX->TX and this is what i did.

Hi @fexion,

I think that RX and TX should be cross connected only when you are flashing new firmware to the chip. Otherwise They should be connected 1 to 1 (Rx -> Rx and Tx -> Tx).

1 Like

Hi Guys new to this forum. What Tuya chipset datasheets are you looking for? I can share what I have

1 Like

Hi!

nvvasilev is right. The crossing is just important when flashing. I connected TX to TX and R to RX. Physical Switch works in my transplant as well, as it is the RESET switch you have on the ESP-01 as well.

I bought a RGB wall switch, also came with a WR3E. I want to flash it with Espurna or Tasmota, but the chip seems unsupported right now.

I found that the ESP-12S (ESP8266 based) is pin- and formfactor compatible with the WR3E. So I will try to replace the WR3E with an ESP-12S, see how that goes.

1 Like

I think as many as possible!

1 Like

Hi, see WR3E Module Datasheet - tinyurl.com/3cglxfn2

1 Like

All the modules are listed and documented on Tuya’s website https://developer.tuya.com/en/docs/iot/device-development/module/wifi-module?categoryId=350029

2 Likes

Yip, thats why i was confused why people where asking for Chip Layout and Pin details ?

FYI: Athom delivers Tasmotized Smart plugs with power measurement for just a few extra Euro’s (AliExpress):

1 Like

Let me know how it goes!

Finally got my second iteration (on first I’ve switched the moes connector :see_no_evil:) pcbs to tasmotize two gang (with rf?) Moes. It utilizes ESP-01M and fits into moes almost perfectly :slight_smile:
In case you want it, it’s available here:
https://easyeda.com/lukasz_1566/moes-104B-ESP-replacement
Also if someone is from Europe (I’m from Poland) I can share some pcbs (only shipping cost) since I have it more than enough :wink:

7 Likes

Good job @Zdz_Dyrma. With your pcbs chip substitution will be very easy. It would be fantastic if Moes’ socket was the same for all his modules, but they are diferent in 1 gang, 2 gang, 3 gang?, and dimmers.
I suggest you to share your boards with Moes and try to convince them to use ESP8266 instead of anoying beken :laughing:

If you will provide me a socket layout I can design pcb for you.

@Zdz_Dyrma:
For moes 2-relay wifi+rf modules your board is the perfect solution. It has arrived a bit too late for me, you can view my own work on(Post #79). If I need another module I would contact you :wink:

For 1-relay modules, there is a shared board for wifi chip, relay and some other components, so I think designing a pcb where I need to solder tiny smd components is beyond my capabilities. My solution on post #72

For 3-relay modules, I don’t have any, but I’ve seen it comes with WB3S that is physically compatible with ESP12, so the easiest solution would be unsolder one and solder the other

I’ve also tasmotized the moes dimmer module, but fortunately it has TYWE2S that I was able to flash via serial connection.

A last question, I see on your board a place for some smd components, what are they for? Are they mandatory?

Those are pull-up/down resistors which are mandatory for esp to start and solder jumper which needs to be soldered (or just connected) to flash ESP (simple GPIO0 - GND jumper).

1 Like

Hello!
I made the change of the switch to ESP-01.
I also did the programming. The connection works well via WIFI, but when I use the manual switch the relay changes twice. So I can’t manually change my status.
My configuration settings are:
Other parameters: {“NAME”:“ESP01-MS104”,“GPIO”:[160,0,320,224,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0],“FLAG”:0,“BASE”:18}
error_01|240x500, 50%

Any ideas on what could be wrong?!

Just a heads up, here’s another sort of relay to be cautious of, looks like it’s got the same BK7231 module as most things here (hadn’t seen it posted in the thread yet).
There’s not much space in here, so I’ll see if I can squeeze an ESP-01 in.

change input pin from “Switch” to “Button”