Update Limitlessled/Milight Component V6 Bridge (iBox)

Hello, is there a way to control all color bulbs with the same command as in official apps.

For instance I have three milight rgbw lights. When I want to set the brightness of all lights, they change one by one as I have an automation with entitiy id’s:

entity_id:
      - light.bedroom_light_1
      - light.bedroom_light_1
      - light.bedroom_light_1

I would like to have an light.bedroom_all which is also a light by itself (has brightness etc) but can alter all the lights at the same time.

Thanks.

You simply need to make a group, if you don’t mix thing in your group (only rgb light and nothing else) then the group will be able to receive the same command as an rgb light.

Yeah I’ve tried that, the group’s brightness can be changed. But it is still changed one by one. My guess is the group only tells home assistant which entities to send commands to.
How the official app does this, is that it sends a message to a fixed ip, where all lamps listen to. That’s the reason you can get away with only one message.

I’ll have to try but I think in my case they do it in parallel, not one after the other

If you want to use those effects only two are available at the moment White and Colorloop.

You can access them using Scene fi.

- name: 'tv_backlight'
  entities:
    light.tv_backlight:
      state: on
      effect: colorloop

Is what I use for the ledstrip behind my TV when not watching movies.

Hello, I need some help setting one of these up. I got MiLight iBox like the one HERE. And I got an RGB led strip controller, like the one HERE. Everything works as expected via the app, however, I can’t get Home Assistant to control it. Here’s the yaml code:

- platform: limitlessled
    bridges:
      - host: 192.168.45.71
        groups:
        - number: 1
          name: MasterBed

Does anyone know why this isn’t working? I know the IP address is correct. The only thing I can think of is that I am using an RGB LED controller, and all the docs only seem to mention RGBW. Is there anything that I can do to get this working with Home Assistant?

The docs say RGBWW for temperature there are 101 temperature steps. What are the steps (range? I also have tried kelvin, color_temp, etc but these only seem to be causing me grief.

Can someone give me an example of a JSON file that works for this bulb (RGBWW) showing all supported features please? Also what are the valid temperature steps? If possible give me the differences between the white mode and color mode.

Thanks.

I’m using the same bridge version (except in night light form) and the same RGB led strip controller and this is my working setup:

- platform: limitlessled
    bridges:
      - host: !secret limitless_v6_ip
        port: 5987
        version: 6
        groups:
        - number: 4
          type: rgbww
          name: Bed Strip
          fade: on

@smily, could you please confirm that you have an FUT037 for the LED controller. In your config, you used RGBWW, but my controller is only RGB.

Confirmed FUT037. I don’t know how, but when connected to the v6 bridge, it seems to work as a RGBWW light (meaning hue and saturation both work, white just means all three RGB components are on at once).

@smily That sounds promising then. It’s still not working for me, though. Just curious, why did you use number: 4 in your config?

Also, in my app on IOS, when I set it up, I had to click the icon in the top right, and then select the second remote, and put my light in zone 1. It works through the app, but not through HA. Did you have to do something similar as far as changing the remote in the app?

I just have the strip assigned to group 4 as I have others on the first three groups (left them out for brevity). To be honest I don’t remember exactly how I linked it (linking was always kinda hit or miss for me), but I think I did go to the icon top right, then plugged it in and pressed the linking button (the exact steps escape me, but they should be described somewhere in the ether). I’m not sure what you mean for “select the second remote”.

Do you have any limitless lights you can test on? You could also try sniffing network traffic and try to replicate it with an UDP packet sender first. Maybe you have a newer revision of the bridge that’s incompatible, but I’d check other stuff first…

Try to turn on the lamp in ha and the plug your controller, I already successfully linked bulb to the bridge using this technique (even though not documented anywhere)

I have 2 RGBWW bulbs, both of them are working but after a while if I turn them on, they flash red and white a few times, and then they turn on.

I’ve noticed that the little bulb icon in hass goes black when that glitch happens, so usually I need to change the color to white and the bulbs work again without flashing on and off.

Do you guys know how to fix that? I would appreciate any help…

Are you physically disconnecting the bulb from the electrical network? (Switch for example).
This seems like a pairing/unpairing to me. Which can happens since hass his able to start one.

Not at all, I actually haven’t turned off the bulb using the wall switch, and the bridge stays connected the whole time to a different wall outlet. I have homebridge running with HASS, but no matter if use my phone or the browser to turn on a bulb, it keeps flashing on and off.

If I use homebridge alone then it works fine, but HA is awesome… :slight_smile:

Bizarre, maybe an incompatibility between HASS/Homebridge, or the version of limitlessled bridge that pose problem.
I use HASS with limitlessled without problem and does not notice any flickering.

I installed hassbian, but Im still having the same problem…

If I turn on one of them, it blinks red and warm white a couple of times and then it turns on.

I’ve noticed that the little bulb icon goes black when the “glitch” happens, so usually I need to manually change the color to white and the bulbs work again without flashing on and off. (The bridge and bulbs are getting power indefinitely.)

Here is a short video of the problem:

I have had a similar problem and it’s a total PITA. I had everything working just peachey with RGBWW and iBox2 as well. Then I started playing with setting my lights to a blue colour. After that it seemed that the lights woould come on White and then switch to blue every friggin time. I finally figured that a command in the automation was setting the lights from a white mode to colour and it was using the last colour. It would do that even if I used the control (like you are) and not the automation.

Eventually I killed the kelvin and colour temperature settings in the automation and now they come on White every time. But I still don’t really understand why it does this at all.

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place to post this but here goes -

I have been trying to get my Dual White CCT Downlights (Del LED brand) to work for some time with Home Assistant (using milight ibox1 hub). These work fine using the milight app on my phone when selecting the basic 4 ch dual white remote.

I have done some packet captures using Wireshark and noticed that the UDP issued to my ibox from my iphone using the milight app don’t match those from Home Assistant and don’t appear to be documented on the http://www.limitlessled.com/dev/ webpage

I was finally able to get the lights to turn on and off by modifying (hack) some of the python code “v6.py” changing the REMOTE_STYLE to =x01 and the commands for ON to “0x01, 0x07” and OFF to “0x01, 0x08”

ZONE1
31000001010800000001003c OFF
31000001010700000001003b ON

Not sure if a new bulb type /remote style can be incorporated into the Home Assistant.

Cheers,

Justin