Update Limitlessled/Milight Component V6 Bridge (iBox)

I`m hoping to do the exact same with a RFLink. The RFLink is already a HASS component. And Milight support seems in the pipeline. The costs and benefits would be pretty much the same as the ESP solution. But you gain the ability to control a whole lot of other RF devices at the same time / price.

1 Like

Hi noodlemctwoodle, did you get the bridge led to work? Iā€™m having the same problem.

@Try2Fly Unfortunately not, Iā€™m not sure that itā€™s supported right now. To be honest I didnā€™t find v6 to be stable at all when i was using it and have since moved back to v4 and v5 bridges. Iā€™ll come back to this project when the development has been progressed. :slight_smile:

@dolfinking I was using the default port for v6.

@Try2Fly @noodlemctwoodle
Iā€™m on my phone now so youā€™ll only get a screenshot ^^
This config is working for the bridge led with the latest version (0.42.1) of home-assistant:

Entry from type bridge-led and group 1 allow to control the bridge led.

@touliloup Thanks for the update, I might try v6 again this weekend. Do you know if v6 supports more than 4 groups in HASS yet?

Itā€™s not HASS that limits the amount of groups, but the bridge itself.

Use one of the alternate bridges (youā€™ll have to build hardware) posted above to control the bulbs to avoid that issue.

@mike1237 i had successfully setup 8 groups via the milight app on my v6 bridge. The groups consisted of the following bulb types and set via the difference remote types and it was my understanding from the milight documentation that the bridge supported up to 16 groups of 4 for the various supported remote/bulb types

Group 1 4x RGBWW - lounge
Group 2 1x RGBWW - lounge led strip

Group 1 4x RGBW - kitchen
Group 2 4x RGBW - bedroom
Group 3 1x RGBW - bedroom lamp
Group 4 1x RGBW - lounge lamp

Group 1 3x White - hall
Group 2 3x White - bathroom

When using HASS and i turn on group 1, this would turn on all the group 1s (lounge, kitchen, hall) as there is no way to define the remote type in the config. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong or if I have made a configuration error.

I succeed doing a esp8266ļ¼ˆv2ļ¼‰+NFR24L01 control hub, BUT I canā€™t write a script to integrated it to HASS. Can you give me a example?

Thanks.

Thanks, got it working now. Needed to update to newest version.

I havenā€™t tried it myself yet, but I think the normal component should work? (There is/should be an option to emulate an official bridge somewhere)

As far as I have seen, theyā€™ve added support for UDP commands so setting it up just as you would set up a MiLight bridge should work. My NodeMCU is on its way from China, so Iā€™m going to test it myself in a couple of days.

Mine is also underway! I tried setting something up with a bare Esp8266 on an adapterboard, but I donā€™t have the right components to get this working reliably (no bypass capacitors etc, logic level shifter).

Maybe Iā€™ll try a Raspberry pi connected to a nrf24 first (https://hackaday.io/project/12748-the-atomik-controller)

Have you manage to controll multiple rgbw and white bulbs with 1 v6 bridge?

Correctly configured the rgb bulbs but received today the ww/cw bulbs and they are not working on HASS and work fine on Milight app on ā€œwhite remote profileā€

platform: limitlessled
bridges:
host: 192.168.31.132
groups:
- number: 1
name: Candeeiro Ricardo
type: bridge-led
name: Sala Mesa
type: rbgww
- number: 2
name: Sala LED
- number: 3
name: Cozinha
name: ww cw
type: white

Iā€™ve actually moved back to V4/V5 bridges as i found V6 and Development branch for HASS was too unstable.

I had a dig around in my config backups and this is the config I used.

bridges:
    - host: !secret milight_ibox
      version: 6
      port: !secret milight_port
      bridge_led: true
      groups:
#      - number: 1
#        name: bridge
#        type: bridge_led
# WHITE Groups
        name: hall
# RGBW Groups
        name: kitchen
        type: rgbww
        name: lounge_lamp
      - number: 4
        name: bedroom

Hope this helpsā€¦

Iā€™ve recently ordered all the components for RFlink as this project appears to be a smarter option than having multiple Milight bridges which are each limited to 4 groups. I have my entire house fitted with Milight bulbs and Iā€™m tired of having all these obscene white boxes dotted all over the place.

I also have the entire house fitted with Milight bulbs and 2 v6 lamp bridges, every bulb are paired with one ff the bridges and they can all be controlled though milight app on my android.

Now Iā€™m trying to setup them up with HASS but the white bulbs arent working,
tried to comment the rgbw in group 1 to see if it worked but still not working

bridges:
host: 192.168.31.132
groups:
type: bridge-led
name: Candeeiro Ricardo
# - number: 1
# name: Sala Mesa
name: Sala LED
name: Cozinha
name: ww cw

Donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong grrrrr

Iā€™ll try and find time to build up my development pi on the weekend on the Dev branch and use my config and see if I can get it working again. Iā€™ll post back the results :slight_smile:

1 Like

My NodeMCUv2 + NRF24L01 bridge works btw! I can now emulate as many v5 or v6 bridges as I want out of a Ā± 10 dollar device. Awesome!

Me too! Itā€™s awesome work! Great man!

1 Like

and everything working ok with hass?

I still have to try out the added mqtt functionality. But the bridge can emulate different original milight/limitlessled bridges so that works just fine.