Updating HA Core to 2024.7.0 and 7.1 Energy Dashboard is not working FIXED

Yesterday i Update to HA Core to 2024.7.0

But now the Energy Dashboard data after the update time is not working,
if you try to configure the energy dashboard you get an unknown error.
There is now way to reach the configuration of the Energy Dashboard.
Of course i tried several restarts without any luck.

Anybody a solution ?

I am now back on HA core 6.4 thanks to a backup and the Energy Dashboard is working again.

Same for me, back to 2024.6.4 solved the issue. Waiting for more reactions.

Just updated, Ok here.

same error here, let’s wait for a fix to come

Seeing this behavior as well. Surprised only a few of us have commented. In my case, I can’t be sure, but I believe the issue started after applying a recorder fix for the icloud3 integration.

Are any of you running that integration and have you applied that fix? If not that fix can’t be the cause and I’ll wait for a core fix.

1 Like

Same for me. The modbus integration is not working.

1 Like

In my case I can access the Energy Dashboard’s settings. But see errors referencing recorder.

“The recorder has been configured to exclude these configured entities: (Learn more)

• sensor.powerwall_site_import
  • sensor.powerwall_site_export”

That’s why I thought my fix to the icloud3 integration might be relevant since it was to recorder_prefilter.py. Anyone else with the issue seeing messages in the dashboard regarding recorder? Anyone else apply the icloud3 fix for log issues?

I just did a full backup on Core 6.4, then an upgrade to Core 7.0 without backup first and now it is working also the energy dashboard :grinning:

Just realized that I got the same issue after the update. Any other suggestions aside of rollback? Thanks!

I just updated the core back to previous version

ha core update --version 2024.6.4

It is then working.

Same Issue here. Just backed to core 2024.6.4, let’s see if the energy dashboard comes back to life.

My energy dashboard is working, but after 2024.7 I’m missing data between 04.00 until 08.00.

Also the energy meter on the P1 meter and also on the enphase envoy meters show a linear line / not changing graph. I see this behavior also on other energy measure plugs.

After 08.00 it’s working again.

1 Like

any article or online source on how to perform such an action (never did that before)

If you mean backup restore , just go in home assistent to settings >> system >> backups >> and klik on the backup >> core 6.x

Then you can restore…

same problem here.
Energy dashboard loads but you cannot edit it.

I have the same problem, but the energy disappeared only after updating to version 7.01, interesting that I also had problems with saving, data recording turns off after a few hours, I returned to the backup to version 6.04 and it’s ok

thanks for the quick response! setting back to 6.4 indeed did work for me as well, but now what? 6.4 forever?

Same problem here although the issues is not just energy dashboard but also other sensors I have like tuya temperature, humidity etc. I reverted back to 6.4 and every works ok. I also tried version 2024.7.1 but the problem is still there. Can someone confirm that the issue is still present in version 2024.7.1?

Thanks

1 Like

same problem here with my installation after updating to 2024.7. 4am, recorder stops, most data gone, apart from a few sensors. Energy dashboard trashed. Just updated to 2024.7.1 and will see if that makes a difference. I really don’t want to have to wake up at 4am to check. Sad face!
Does anyone know if 2024.7.1 has fixed the issues?

Apparently changing the record purge setting to false in the yaml fixes it, but this needs to be changed back when the fix is sorted.