Upgraded HASS.IO from 0.56.2 to 0.57.1 - getting Ring Doorbell errors

Just updated HASS.IO from 0.56.2 to 0.57.1 on my Pi3 and am seeing these errors in the log:

2017-11-05 17:45:33 WARNING (SyncWorker_10) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 17:45:39 WARNING (SyncWorker_7) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 17:47:35 WARNING (SyncWorker_3) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 17:47:42 WARNING (SyncWorker_8) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding
2017-11-05 17:49:37 WARNING (SyncWorker_9) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

My Ring Doorbell configuration was working perfectly, and the Stick-Up Cam was never supported in the past - is this a result of required configuration.yaml changes I need to make?

Much appreciated.

I have disabled ā€˜- last dingā€™ in sensors and ā€™ - dingā€™ in binary sensors and the log entries have stopped. May be triggered by the fact that my Stick Up Camera does not have a ā€˜dingā€™ capability.

Will disable the ding reporting or monitoring until I hear more.

Thanks.

interesting - so are you suggesting that you would need different platforms to avoid this like

platform: ring_doorbell
platform: ring_camera

I currently cant see this option to segregate different ring device types within theconfiguration

Not to sure if we would need a separation of the platforms, but the log entries appear using the following settings in configuration.yaml:

ring:
username: !secret ring_username
password: !secret ring_password

sensor:

• platform: ring
    scan_interval: 120
    monitored_conditions:
    • last_activity
    • last_ding
    • last_motion

binary_sensor:

scan_interval: 120
    monitored_conditions:
    • ding
    • motion

Removing the -last ding and -ding entries resolve the log entries, so either I am doing something wrong or there is an issue.

Thanks.

Iā€™m getting the same issues with a standard install of Home Assistant (0.57.2). Also getting errors/freezes using the new Ring camera component.

After getting my implementation of HASS.IO stable by commenting out the ding options, I tried to use the camera and ffmpeg options as follows:

ffmpeg:

camera:

My Ring Doorbell and Stick Up cam will show an image in my frontend after rebooting, then about 5 minutes later the camera images disappear and if I refresh my browser will sit at the login screenā€¦

I have since disabled the above options and simply use the Ring component for motion events as they are stable.

Thanks.

well, I do have a doorbell and the floodlight cam currently connected which means I would have a binary sensor for ding for doorbell and floodlight cam - removing it from the binary sensor will remove ding for all devices - camera and doorbell - which will remove the device_name Ding - on/off or clear/active?

only using the sensor platform ring: last_ding will only show you the last time someone rang the bell ā€¦ but you will no longer get the active component ā€¦ thats why I think you will need two different platforms to separate options for devices that support/dont support the options ā€¦ currently its a per platform or better sensor component setting per platform ā€¦

makes sense?

Thanks for reporting this issue.

Yes, stickupcams and floodlights do not support ding. I already have a PR on going that will address it and hopefully on the next 0.57 errata.

PR# https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/10428

Thanks

1 Like

I have applied the fix manually - works just fine - thanks for getting this sorted this quickly - no other issues on my side

1 Like

Thank you for your follow-up @collse

Didnā€™t work for me. Still getting error:

(SyncWorker_17) [ring_doorbell.doorbot] Could not find total of 5 of kind ding

Hassio still freezes when i add Ring camera to front GUI.

I am using Hassio as well and cannot add the Ring Doorbell camera. I get the GUI freezing up as well.

Upgraded to 0.57.2, same issues, camera component freezes GUI after accessing It once and enabling ding options cause the mentioned ā€œCould not find total of 5 of kind dingā€ if either the ring binary sensor or sensor are enabled. I have a Ring Doorbell Pro and Stick Up Camera.

Just reporting results - will try a few other tests.

Thanks.

Is this fixed in the 0.58.1 update?

I got the same issue in 0.58.1.
Hassio frezes when adding Ring camera.