Using CATT

I run Hass.IO in a Docker container on a Debian host system. Should CATT be installed in the host Debian environment, or within the Hass.IO Docker environment?

It can be installed anywhere.

Same Issue here. Trusted networks is added. I have tried with both my own hass.io and the demo.

It can however play Rick Astley…

Hope someone can help!

Same thing here with a brand new and pristine Google Chromecast Ultra. :frowning:

Having the same problem too.

Brand new Google Hub which I can cast other websites to, but not HA. Have also tried by nabu casa link, and the HA Demo, but same issue.

Also tried casting to TV but no luck

Is there a way to invoke CATT from Home Assistant or Node-Red?

It is just a command line, so use a command line switch.

Just tried this and it didn’t work. Does Catt need to be installed in a specific directory? I run Hassio on an Unraid machine. From the console everything works fine. Any ideas? I’m just doing

command_on: ‘catt -d “SHIELD” cast_site “https://xxxx/0”’

Perhaps give the full path to catt

@juice @FredTheFrog
Have either of you had any luck getting this to work?

No :frowning: unfortunately not, started using hass cast during to the new service availability…

Thanks. Not ideal as I would prefer to have my header menus which I dont believe you get in Cast

No. I ended up using banner-card as an “next page” card so I could navigate…

I could successfully use CATT from the shell command line, but seriously want to use HA’s built in cast functionality with the Google Chromecast Ultra. Unfortunately, that’s not working, and I haven’t had time to wireshark trace the dialog between HA and the Chromecast. :frowning:

Did you manage to install CATT on hass.io??

I installed it in /usr/local/bin on the Linux host system. It worked well enough to prove the streams could be cast to the television through the Chromecast. I finally found what I believe is a bug in the pychromecast integration. It appears to be omitting the SERVER_PORT value in the URL it submits to the Chromecast.

Are you running hass.io?

Doesnt work for me in hass.io OS…

core-ssh:/usr/local/bin# pip install catt
-bash: pip: command not found

Update:
Solved it

apk add --no-cache python3

apk add --update py-pip

python3 -m pip install catt
11 Likes

Asif - I found a couple posts suggesting you managed to install CATT on hass.io and use that to stream a lovelace view of ip camera feeds - excatly what I am trying to achieve! I just can’t figure out how to install CATT on hass.io? would you pls share how you did that? thx so much

At the risk of of not being @asif, I think you just need to ssh into hassio and run

pip install catt

Of course when you update home assistant to a new version you will nedd to do that again (because changes inside the docker image will not be persistent), but that is hardly a difficult thing to do.

Also you don’t NEED to instal it on hassio, you can install it on any other computer on your lan.

thx this was really helpful i figured it out!