Using CATT

How do you create an automation on HA that calls the CATT python script to cast something to a chromecast? I successfully managed to install everything so that when I call the CATT script from Terminal (typing in the command line) I can stream my lovelace camera cards to a chromecast device (nest hub). But this requires me to manually log into SSH and submit the CATT command line… I want to automate this so that when I say something or do something it automatically casts via CATT… Thx!

I wish I had the answer. I also tried this but yet to figure it out. If I do I will be sure to share!

I had no idea either and a google search did not help at all:

https://www.google.com/search?q=CATT

No idea about what? Who are you replying to?

CATT…The comment that started this thread:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/using-catt/

Point is…searching google or this site for that acronym did not help explain what it stood for.

Yes, but it is in the second post.

LOL…I see it now. I was searching for CATT on the page and totally missed that reply. Thanks!

It is a quite cool little piece of software :slight_smile:

CATT installed, all ok, but when I try to cast in my network HomeAssistant, on my Nest Hub appears only the top bar for a second, then it return ho nest home :
Anyone with the same problem?

I think we need to use a command line switch to start the cast. We can easily integrate the switch in our automations. That is my theory, maybe it can be done way more simple?

I seem to have gotten it to work using a spare raspberry pi running noobz. Since there’s nodered on there I just use the Exec node to run the Catt commands. Configuring the Home Assistant palette allows me to create a input Boolean that triggers my node-red automation for displaying my camera feed on individual chromecast devices.

How could it be simpler?

no clue?

Must say that i’m unable to get my home assistant to cast to my Nest Hub.
Mine is also stuck with the HA logo at the top of the Hub screen, then goes back to the clock.
Casting a website like google works. I already had the trusted networks added.
Pretty strange…

Hi,
I was using catt with google nest hub 8’, the moment I enabled duckdns exposing HA to internet catt stopped working, I get for 2 seconds the little HA logo floating on the screen and then it goes back to casting my google pictures.

I have a split DNS on my router so any LAN request going to https://xxxx.duckdns.org:xxxx gets risolved with the internal IP 192.xxx.xxx.xxx on my LAN.

I call the catt command from node red using the “bigssh” node, once again all was working fine before I enabled duckdns, also the auth_providers was working, it prompted me once to select the user on the google nest hub and then it would simply cast.

Anyone having the same issue and got it to work?

I can confirm if I turn off my duckdns and just use my local IP address to access HA, I can get at least get a partial success in casting my instance.
However, I get stuck at the login page as I understand that the browser on Nest Home doesnt allow the use of a keyboard.
Ive tried using trusted networks to bypass the login, but couldnt seem to get this to work either.

Only for your information: if you have
Failed to connect, retrying in 5.0s I opened an issue and the problem is zeroconf ( 0.24.4 ). Please downgrade to zeroconf 0.24.3. Or wait a official solution/ upgrade catt

Hello everybody,

I am trying to let my google nest hub show my lovelace setup but I cant really figure out why it is not working. the display shows a black screen with a HA logo and a blue button with the text “START OVER”. The button does not appear to do anything.

I ran the following command to start catt

catt -d "slaapkamer display" cast_site "http://192.168.1.8:8123/"

And added the trusted network section to my configuration.

Someone has a piece of advice?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

1 Like

Hello evrybody,

Same for me, little logo HA and this button “start over” …

@Keizermark did you find an issue ?

Thanks

Wrong IP in the auth_providers for me, sorry …

It’s OK now …

Thanks Tintolo, that also did the trick for me! Much Appreciated.