I am having quite a hard integrating some new KNX components into my existing HomeAssistant Environment. I am using the really cool MDT BE-GT2Tx.01 Glastaster II Smart mit Temperatursensor.
What i am trying to accomplish is to
- dim a (homematic) light in homeassistant using the KNX wall control
- control (homematic) blinds in homeassistant using the KNX wall control
- control a thermostat in homeassistant using the KNX wall control
For the light i am having some success by using “send values” instead of dimming on the KNX wall switch. That however is far away from great usability as switching on and off with a single push will not work together with dimming.
The problems that i am having with the “proper” dimmer configuration are:
- KNX Dimmers seem to think in 0…100% whereas Homeassistant seems to think in 0 … 255. When i expose the 0…255 value as “percentage” it will not get adapted so 100 in KNX is not 100% in HA
- KNX Dimmers control the dimming using 3.007 dim step datatype - I have only found how to control a KNX light from homeassistant - not the other way round
- When using the “expose” feature of HomeAssistant values seem to be sent to the KNX bus but if I for instance expose the on/off state and send a change to it on the KNX bus homeassistant will not react to the change triggered by the wall switch - to circumvent this i have used automations but that looks really dirty an high error potential to me
I hope you can point me into the right direction on how to proceed with this integration. An example config would be really great if someone has that running
Thanks + best regards