Vaillant/MultiMATIC integration

There is an update for multimatic to 1.12.4
see https://github.com/thomasgermain/vaillant-component

It works now.
Frank

1 Like

Is there a way to control the temperature in the buffer (not the boiler)?

I know sma sunny home manager can control it and there are some settings on the thermostat

I added a link on the github project: GitHub - thomasgermain/vaillant-component: Multimatic integration for Home Assistant (NOT compatible with sensoAPP) :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi there,
my situation is as follows:
I have a vaillant heating system with multimatic.
I want to send the “reference room” temperature to multimatic from an external sensor (integrated in HA). Normally the multimatic panel is sending this information - but this mounted in my technic room and not the living room. Is this possible with this integration or do I have other options?

Thanks in advance,
Lukas

1 Like

Hello,

I checked, but there is no way to send a temperature to the API.
But maybe you can set a temperature “correction” with the panel (the API doesn’t allow to set it) ?

It took a whole afternoon to get through the thread, but it seems that right now one has 3 alternatives to integrate Vaillant into HA:

1. via @tgermain 's solution - which is non local, depends on vaillant’s servers and with the introduction of myVaillant app the future of the solution is questionable (?).

2. locally via eBus, for which one needs a hardware (eBus - USB) and is discussed here.

3. locally via EEBUS (as pointed out by @sebakerckhof here) - which is not yet accessible ( At the moment, the APIs are only accessible to Vaillant´s API business partners) and has already an own thread but the thread is pretty inactive for now.

… so what is the best option?

Good day,

Has anyone made any progress on the readings?
We have the following problems:

1. Ebusd: they don’t want to send the devices The excuse of not having components is starting to smell bad.
  2. The new aeroterms work with the MyVaillant application. Multimatic no longer links with V921.
  3. The vision of MyVaillant is very scarce, it only gives interior and exterior temperature and setpoint…¬¬

Does anyone have any more information?

Hi All,
I’m quite new to home assistant amd I want ask, if there is a working way, how to implement Vaillant multimatic into Home Assistant. I have a Vaillant VRC700/6 and after reading of the post in this forum I’m really lost how to do it.
Thanks for each help
Alex

Hi Alex,

I have VRC700/6 as well and it is supported by Multimatic integration in HA (as far as I know it works only via cloud through VR920 or VR900 (I have the former) - no local access, but I might be wrong.

You will need to:

1. install HACS;
  2. install Multimatic integration (via HACS);
  3. add multimatic integration to HA (add integration);
  4. enter Vaillant account username/pwd there.

I have no related entries in configuration.yaml.

Good luck,

Boštjan

1 Like

Thank you for your answer. I read some posts there, where is explained communication directly (without VR920) via eBus and eBus daemon - used adapter. But it isn’t clear for me how it work and how to configure.

Hi,
I am now trying the possibilities and application of HA. I have already managed to achieve small things, but more complicated solutions are still a serious problem for me.
Before I get involved, I would like to know if my Vailant ecoCompact/2 heating and hot water boiler can be integrated into the HA and if so, how?

The Vaillant boiler has a VR70 controller, a Multimatic VR700/6 and VR91 operator, and it has a VR920 Internet WiFi module that can be controlled from a mobile phone with the Vaillant Multimatic application.

Thanks and Regards

Hello,
Many thanks for your development.

Sorry to ask this question if it has already been asked but I can’t find the answer. maybe you or another member can answer me?

I want to recover the data under grafana.
I easily retrieve several of the data in the table:
“statistics_short_term”
but I can’t find or retrieve the information in the database of:
“current temperature” and the “setpoint”

Also, I have no information on “electric” and “gas” consumption, is this a problem with my VR900? multimatic 700?.
FYI, I never got the information in the mobile app.

Many thanks in advance :slight_smile:

Hello,

you have to create a “virtual sensor” via YAML to make it available for grafana. eg:

- sensor:
  #Current temperature SDB
  #climate.bain_serialnr  
  - name: "SDB_temp"
    unique_id: SDB_tempVaillant
    state: "{{state_attr('climate.bain_serialnr', 'current_temperature')}}"
    unit_of_measurement: '°C'
    state_class: 'measurement'

then you can use it as you want.

regards

Thank you very very much for your help !

Any idea for my gas consumption data ?

EcoCompact VSC 266/4-5 + Vr900 + multimatic 700

@tgermain & @pepeEL broached the subject , maybe some good news ?

Maybe this is related to what @Bloug asked. I’d like access historical power consumption data to generate a year-to-year comparison on a monthly basis and to retrieve and display data from the past.
I noticed this is possible using urls.emf_report_device from pymultimatic but I cannot find a service nor an entity related to this in HA. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

1 Like

Yes same request :slight_smile:

I got an update from the VR900 recently, since the connection to the app is really much faster !!

Are there any other non-visible changes in preparation for the new myvaillant app? (like consumption :D?)

How did you update the VR900? I’m on firmware V 0331.26.02. What’s your firmware?
(Settings → Network access)

Mine still seems slow…

I have the same number.
the update started on its own, I only had to restart vr900

The synchronization time is much faster : 2sec against 30 to 40sec.

" The heating phase for hot water is displayed wrong "

Hi @SaxnPaule did you find a solution? for the time difference?

Could submit an issue to GitHub ? I will have a look