Eebus Energy manager P1

A lot of energy consuming products from several brands are using ‘Eebus’ for communicating inside a home network with an energy manager. (dis)washing machines from the bsh group, heatpumps of Valliant, solar converters of SMA. The only energy manager which can communicate by Eebus on the market is from SMA, a device of roughly €200. I was wondering if it would be possible to use home assistant directly with meter readings (eg. by the P1 port in the Netherlands) and weather forecast to create our own energy manager?

The function of this energy manager is to use your own (solar) energy for your (dis) washing machine and heating. By this the local produced energy can be used more by yourselve and the electricity supply net stays more stable.

I second this. EEbus is one of the more promising energy management technologies, and gains more and more support, especially in Germany. SMA has an energy manager that does support this, and recently Loxone started to support EEbus as well.

Yes, that’s a wonderful idea! Would be terrific if HA would support EEBUS!
Unfortunately I’m not able to contribute in this myself because I don’t have the skills, but if there is any other way I can support this, I’ll be glad to do so!

Recently we’ve got a Vaillant heat pump and that has an EEBUS interface…

Good news: Looks like Vaillant is interested in this as well. They are advertising a student job to implement this.

4 Likes

Het lijkt erop dat dit protocol alweer op zijn retour is: Siemens en Bosch stoppen voorlopig met EEBUS-protocol | FWD. Zou ook heel graag hebben gezien dat dit binnen Home Assistant zou worden ondersteund of kunnen worden getriggerd. Hou me hier ook voor aanbevolen. Ben zelf echter geen programmeur, maar meer iemand die alles aan elkaar klooit in zijn HA omgeving. Super tevreden over maar mijn wasmachine droger of vaatwasser (home connect) triggeren via mijn zonnepanelen is op dit moment wel mijn grootste droom binnen HA. Zijn wel veel partijen mee bezig (geweest)

Zonde! Het systeem heeft in mijn ogen veel potentie voor grootverbruikers en energie management. Iets waar we in mijn ogen veel winst kunnen halen voor de energietransitie. Voor een succesvol systeem zouden er waarschijnlijk wel meer grote partijen mee moeten gaan doen.

Sinds home assistant hun eigen energy management onlangs heeft gelanceerd, moet het volgens mij mogelijk zijn om het piekmoment van de zonnepanelen te koppelen aan bijv de start van de vaatwasser. Ik heb hier nog geen tijd in kunnen steken (lange TODO lijst), maar hoop dit straks wel te gaan gebruiken!

Denk dat het al wel mogelijk is de wasmachine/vaatwasser/droger te triggeren middels de home connect integratie icm een goede omvormer. Echter zijn er binnen HA maar enkele fabrikanten van omvormers die hier energie in stoppen. Ik scrape nu van een van de portals van mijn fabrikanten en hier zit een vertraging in met updaten van dit portal. Misschien kan ik het met de forcast plugin nog iets organiseren. Wanneer dit het beste moment is. Zaak is dat het hier om live gegevens gaat en dat is het nu nog niet. Eebus had/heeft echt veel potentie en ben bang dat protocol-matter hier roet in heeft gegooid. We blijven klooien :+1::wink:

Eebus zou uiteindelijk ook een voorspelling gaan maken op de stand v.d. zonnepanelen, zon en de weersvoorspelling. Het blijft een voorspelling, maar je zit met het piekmoment van de dag met de forecast plugin in ieder geval sterk in de goeie richting. Je zou nog iets kunnen doen met gemiddelde toevoegen van je omvormer opbrengst en de home assistant kansberekening, maar ik denk niet dat het veel toe gaat voegen.

Mbt bosch en siemens dat artikel op fwd. Dit blijkt niet te kloppen. Ik heb dit nagevraagd bij bosch en siemens en bevestiging gekregen dat ze dit blijven volgen. Zie hieronder:

"
Beste klant,

We lichten u in dat SIEMENS nog steeds het protocol EEBUS zal volgen, alsook de SMA technologie voor onze toestellen.

Met vriendelijke groeten,
"

Dat klinkt als goed nieuws. Zou ook tof zijn als hen bosch cv-ketels en warmtepompen hiermee gaan werken. Zou overigens ook tof zijn als deze in je home-connect tevoorschijn komen. Misschien houd ik hier bij het kopen van een volgende ketel wel rekening mee ;-). Ga me eens verdiepen in hoe ik nu een en ander aan elkaar kan klooien :wink: Blijft mooi spul dat HA. Bevalt me beter dan domoticz waar ik mee ben begonnen

Nou, ik heb dat artikel op FWD geschreven en dat is toch echt bevestigd door management. Producten die over EEBUS beschikken blijven het hebben, maar dit werkt niet (goed). Ik heb drie Siemens producten met EEBUS en ze kunnen niet door de SHM op afstand gestart worden door problemen met de data over energieverbruik. Dit wordt volgens BSH niet op korte termijn opgelost. Daarnaast is EEBUS op nieuwe producten niet meer actief (wel aanwezig). Mocht SMA er weer tijd en energie in gaan steken om zaken op orde te krijgen, pas dan gaan ze weer kijken om het te activeren.

Proof please?

I also would like to see this all talking to each other.

I’ve changed my dishwasher by a Siemens one and my washing machine by a Samsung one.
Both of them has the ability to be triggered by the app but none of them by an API call or an IFTTT trigger.
Well, the dishwasher can but as soon as it goes to sleep, it doesn’t work anymore…

It has been some time since I stopped trying but it could be worth it to revisit it again.

Because, we have the rest on HA already.
If you have Solar PV and can get the info from your inverter, you can decide to trigger something based on how much your system is producing.
That’s even better if you have a smart meter connected to HA, because you know how much you inject into the grid.
As for PV forecast, there is now the official integration Forecast.solar as well as one for SolCast if I remember correctly.

So, EEBUS could be a good thing if it’s reliable but we just need a way to talk to our machines, whatever the protocol.
It could even be as dumb as putting as smartplug behind an appliance, launching some washing and then directly stop the power with the smartplug. With some luck, the appliance would resume when you decide it to, but then I fear for the longevity of electronics within.

For anyone interested, I’ve made some more test with my dishwasher and Home Connect integration.

In order to trigger the dishwasher from HA, you need Remote Control to be activated, but also Remote start.
So I fill the appliance, I make it ready, I activate Remote Start from the dishwasher at around 7:00AM.

My automation :
Trigger:
PV Panels produces over 2000W
or
It’s over 3PM (to be ready for the evening no matter what)

Conditions:
Each weekday between 8:00AM and 3:00PM
Remote start is activated
The automation hasn’t run today yet

Action:
Power on the dishwasher
Wait 1 mn
Trigger Eco mode

The problem is Remote start is only active for +/- 50mn before it deactivates. So by the time my PV produces 2000W, the appliance isn’t ready anymore.

1 Like

I did something similar recently. When we want to use the most solar energy for the dishwasher, we activate the remote start (hit te WiFi button for app control) and close it.

The automation is triggered by the daily solar panel peak from the solar forecast. The conditions are that the dishwasher remote control/start is on and the machine is not running.

The actions are similar to those of BeyondPixels.

We use it now and then, but only if we need to run the dishwasher in the morning, otherwise it will be finished too late.

Hi @Roelv ,

Good to know it works for someone.
Which brand and model of dishwasher do you have?

Because, to me, the ones from BSH group doesn’t provide a great solution, for now…

We have a Siemens SX678X36IE/74 dishwasher

The connection to the wash machine in HA is not stable enough to work, but I’ve seen more people with that problem

So… what’s the status on this? We don’t have pur Vaillant heat pump yet, but it seems EEBUS would be the easiest way to get it integrated in Home Assistant since Vaillant doesn’t actually have any working HA integrations for the newer Sensocomfort 720 controllers…

It seems there is one now: myVAILLANT integration

1 Like

Yes, that integration looks great, but unfortunately you need to get -invited- by Vaillant to use myVaillant and even though my heat pump was installed just this week I am apparently not “worthy” of using myVaillant yet…:see_no_evil: