Velux KFL200 HA configuration

I added anke the scenes veux to HA but I do not find them in the homekit.

what did you have to do exactly for the integration?

Hi all,

Its is not directly to the integration into HA but Hardware-Related.

I had the Velux KLF 200 running since more then 1 year, but the Interface got faulty so I bought a new one.

Unfortunaltey I am not able to access the new one. If I connect it to Power it just shows a static yellow LED.
If I follow the “Factory Reset” Guide (10 sec Reset Button) it does the same.
If I just press the Factory Reset Button for a second then the LED starts blinking in yellow.

But I cannot see the SSID of the Velux, nor it will request an IP via the Ethernet Interface.

Any ideas?

Best Regards,
Johannes

I moved from Tahoma box to Velux KLF200 in order to get rid of somfy servers. I could transfer all my devices (9 shutters and 4 exterior venetian blinds) quickly and control them (open and close). Actually the API specification allow nearly everything to control, but the current implementation of pyvlx provides not all functions. One lovely feature I’m missing is the control of the tilt of the blinds. So I would much appreciate if someone could support to modify pyvlx in that way that it would be able to control also the functional parameter in order to allow hassio to control all parameter of io-homecontrol devices. Also would be great if the complete velux integration would be part of home-assistant and not just a bridge to pyvlx package.

1 Like

Any update on this?

Can tilting be added to velux component?

I managed to add the tilt function, however at the moment only with my custom component, see link below. I simply don’t have the time to update the official component at the moment.

That’s great! Thank you so much.

Hello,
I have a question. When I first enabled the velux integration (in HA 0.116.4) it looked like the shutter position was update almost immediately when changed from outside. Now (with 0.117.5) it takes a minute or so until the new cover position is recognized. Is the velux component polling the positions from the KLF 200 or is there a callback?
Thanks for your help!
R.

Are you using the custom?

Edit: I am running custom, I see the bevaiour too, never noticed before… Never use my wall switches :slight_smile:
So I am not sure how it was on 116.4…

If i open/close from HA itself , it’s updated instant

No, I use the velux component from HA.

But I think, I figured it out, even though I have more question marks than before. I have 12 somfy io roller shutters and used to control them using the Somfy TaHoma Box. As I don’t like the dependency on the Somfy Cloud (and the internet altogether). I switched to the KLF 200 and it is working flawlessly. Until last week I left the Somfy Box online - just in case. When I didn’t see the need to run both boxes, I turned off the TaHoma Box and now I have the delayed position update. When the Box is back online (which I tried this afternoon), the position update is instantaneously. Does that make sense??? :exploding_head:
Does the io motor send a position signal which the KLF200 can use to update HA while the motor is running?

I have hard time connecting my somfy io roller shutter to my klf200, Im trying to set it as an interface, but when I click “Search for products”, it just finds nothing, even though I clicked Program button behind of my somfy controller (Situo 5 controller)…

Hello,

I am just planning my house and try to decide if a Velux or a Roto window is better for a HA integration. So I found the Velux integration for HA, but I can not find answers to my questions in the description of the integration. I also wasn’t able to find something here in the community.

So here my very basic questions about the Velux integration with KLF200:

What can I do exactly with the Velux integration?

1. Is it possible to control electrical (Integra) Velux windows by positioning and get position feedback?
  2. Is it possible to control electrical Covers from Velux by positioning and get position feedback?
  3. Does the Integration work with the WiFi network of the KLF200 or do I need the Lan port?
  4. Is it possible to get feedback from the rain sensor of the window over the KLF200 to HA?

Thank you in advance!

You may also want to check out this thread…

1 yes
2 yes
3 lan port needed for the klf 200, the setup is trough wifi though, it creates some kind of access point on boot
4 no

Thanks for your fast replies!

And interesting link…thanks.

Good integration if you already have Velux windows and want to connect them to a smart home. But I am still not sure if I want this integration on my new house or if I just go with Roto and KNX and have something stable (and expensive :wink:). It seems a bit annyoing when I have to reboot the KLF200 frequently after HA Updates.

I will go on with the research :slight_smile:

BR
Chris

No, there is a custom component, ,will be merged in next core., It will reboot the velux gateway when you restart HA… the custom component adds a service for reboot gateway, it’s just 1 extra automation you need to add…

The advantage of the velux gateway is that you know the state, so when it rains, the windows are closing…and you know it…

It goes to a ventilation mode, 7% open… so when you velux are open, and they are closing to 7%, i have an automatiion to also close my non-velux screens…

That’s some kind of z rain sensor :slight_smile:
Too bad that the rain sensors doesn’t support rain detection when windows are closed

Hello, as i am now playing with google home i wonder if i can assign the shutters/cover to an area.

Also another idea, can i add all shutters ( or partially ) to a custom domain?

@pergola.fabio hi,
Could you please tell us more on the automation to detect rain?

Thanks a lot by advance.

Here you go :

1 Like

I want my velux windows alway max open for 75%. How can I do this ?

Set cover position?