Viessmann Component

Hello everyone.
In November I installed a hybrid system with a VITODENS 200-W and a VITOCAL 200-S.

The Vitodens has a built-in wifi module and I configured it. The Viessmann integration worked as expected in Home Assistant and I saw 41 (!) sensors. Cool!

On the other hand, the Vitocal does not have the wifi, so I ordered a Vitoconnect OPTO2, which is arrived today.

After installing this module, I can browse both devices using the ViCare app on my phone (see the attachment below).

“Caldaia” means heater (VITODENS )
“Pompa di calore” means heatpump (VITOCAL)

The problem is that in Home Assistant no new sensors are added: I can’t see any new sensor related to the heatpump.
I tried to delete and re-add Viessmann ViCare integration, but without success.

Any idea?

Update.
I removed from the app the Vitodens, and now Home Assistant gets data from the Vitocal (25 sensors).
So il seems only the “first” deviced added in the app, is actually polled to create sensors.

Update 2.

I re-added the Vitodens and I press “reload” on the integration tile.

Now I see 2 devices:

• CU401B_S (I suppose the heat pump)
  • Vitodens_200

Now everything seems to be fine. I hope my experience is useful to other users.

Update 3
I spoke too soon

After few minutes, all CU401B_S entities are no longer available. :frowning:

Update 4
Some more topics about similiar situations.

Multi-device support for vicare by oischinger · Pull Request #90347 · home-assistant/core · GitHub
Support multiple devices · Issue #78 · oischinger/ha_vicare · GitHub

Yes, as you have found out the implementation is not yet finished by @oischinger . Please wait until it’s finished.

1 Like

Hello!
I’m using 200-S heatpump and a Vitoconnect Opto2 module.
The component sets up fine, but my climate entity doesn’t allow any temperature change. (Gives error if I add it to a climate card and tries to change anything - COMMAND NOT FOUND)

I also don’t get any energy consumption info (not sure if i’m supposed to).
I can only control the hot water temperature.

Tried the custom component now. Same thing.
Using latest version of HA.

Here’s what I get on entities and sensors:

Diagnostics

I thank in advance if anyone can shed some light on this. :slight_smile:

Hi guys,
i’ve just installed ver. 2023.5.x and i’ve this issue with vicare component:

Questo errore ha avuto origine da un'integrazione personalizzata.

Logger: homeassistant
Source: custom_components/vicare/config_flow.py:60
Integration: Viessmann ViCare
First occurred: 13:16:37 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 13:16:37

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/discovery_flow.py", line 95, in _async_start
    await gather_with_concurrency(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async_.py", line 178, in gather_with_concurrency
    return await gather(
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/async_.py", line 176, in sem_task
    return await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 845, in async_init
    flow, result = await task
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 873, in _async_init
    result = await self._async_handle_step(flow, flow.init_step, data)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/data_entry_flow.py", line 367, in _async_handle_step
    result: FlowResult = await getattr(flow, method)(user_input)
  File "/config/custom_components/vicare/config_flow.py", line 60, in async_step_dhcp
    formatted_mac = format_mac(discovery_info[MAC_ADDRESS])
TypeError: 'DhcpServiceInfo' object is not subscriptable

Cattura1

Anyone has this issue?
Regards,

Alessandro

I don’t know if it was the same issue, but my Viessmann integration stopped working. I removed it and upgraded HAOS to 10.1 and it came back. It also added a water_heater in addition to the climate entity.

Would be nice if this integration had an option to go direct to optolink controller than through the cloud. The vcontrold mqtt add-on is progressing, but isn’t anywhere near as good as this integration.

Mine stopped working suddenly as well. The log shows:

Error setting up entry ViCare for vicare
5:13:53 AM – (ERROR) components/vicare/__init__.py - message first occurred at 5:12:12 AM and shows up 2 times
Missing 'data' property when fetching installations
5:13:53 AM – (ERROR) components/vicare/__init__.py - message first occurred at 5:12:12 AM and shows up 2 times

Mine stopped working as well about 5 hours ago

Mine too. Seems there is a problem on Viessmann 's servers.
At least for some people. Is it still working for anyone?

Mine stopped working too in the morning.

I‘ve deleted the integration, restarted HA, removed the cached token (/config/.storage/vicare_token.save), created a new api key in the Viessmann developer portal an re-added the integration.

Since then it works again without problems for me.

3 Likes

Same here. This solution worked for me

same issue with token here. will have to do the fix also.

Going this way, did all variable/entity names stay unchanged afterwards? Wouldn’t like to redo all of the graphing pages afterwards

I only deleted the file /config/.storage/vicare_token.save and restarted Home Assistant.
All good. No need to remove the integration, no need to recreate any account.

8 Likes

Thanks, worked for me as well

Thanks, it worked just by deleting the fle. Curious to why it happened tough.

1 Like

Same here, works ok after that.

Could also fix it by deleting vicare_token.save and restarting HA.

But I also had to unplug/plug my Vitoconnect and had to re-login my Vicare app. It seems that not only HA but also all of the Viessmann components had to refresh their tokens and connections.

1 Like

that’s weird. still doesn’t work for me.
I can establish a connection but it resturns 0 devices

Strange. It looks completely normal in my installation.