Viessmann Component

What about your Redirect URI ?
Also, could you show the contents of the custom_components folder ?

I had different passwords for the ViCare app and the Viessmann dev portal.
Be sure to use the dev portal credentials.
Other than that I have no idea what could be wrong. Maybe create a new API key?

Good news everyone: the PR to HA Core got approved. No need to install the custom integration. Just switch to the upcoming release.

2 Likes

What model of Viessmann boilers do you folks have? I have the 100 and was told that I could not attach the Viconnect to it. My plumber said that the 200 was overkill and about $6K more expensive, so ended up with the 100.

not in the release notes for Release 2021.7.4 - July 21 :frowning_face:

It will be in the upcoming beta

So it might show up in the August release, if August doesn’t get skipped for some reason.

Same message in my case. Vitodens 200W is what you need if you have multiple circuits (e.g. separate floor heating, separate radiators) , a lot more extension options with additional modules to control external pumps (e.g. for floor heating). 100 can be equipped with outside temp control and is also equipped with the wlan module so should nicely integrate with HA. So most likely good choice.

1 Like

This is my entry in Viessmann Developer Portal:

custom_components:

vicare folder:

@oischinger my credentials are the same for developer portal and Viessmann account. Also tried a new password because the old-one included exclamation marks, wherefore I had to put my password in quotes because otherwise I got errors concerning corrupt configuration.yaml
 I also deleted the application and created a new one

Short feedback: I’ve pulled the new master of ha_vicare and now everything works fine. God know why it didn’t work before

Regards,
Stefan

6k more expensive? What the heck? I think my 200-W was only 3-4k € (here in Austria) in total (I think mine has ~35kw) ! Your plumber seems to be ripping you off

1 Like

The updated integration works perfectly. Thanks so much!

Is the restriction on activating hot water heating still necessary?

It is not possible to turn on/off water heating via the Water Heater component since this would conflict with the operation modes of the heating component. Therefore the operation mode of that component is just available as an attribute and cannot be modified.

In my setup I found a command to activate the dhw with a one time charge which shouldn’t conflict any operation mode.

It would be a perfect command to optimize the energy consumption in connection with my solar system.

heating.dhw.oneTimeCharge will use heating.dhw.temperature.temp2.

Can someone shed some light into this. Is vicare issue fixed with 2021.8.2 or does it come later? The information I find is not conclusive to me yet.

Viessmann integration is working ok as of release 2021.8.0

1 Like

hi,

I am also a newbee and i thing i did try everything to make component working but with no succes.

install is composed of 2 viessmann + Webconnect

I have also tested with a vitoconnect opto2 (the latest) but still no luck

I always receive the 2 same errors :slight_smile:
1)
Cette erreur provient d’une intĂ©gration personnalisĂ©e

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: custom_components/vicare/init.py:86
Integration: vicare
First occurred: 14:40:21 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 14:40:21

Error during setup of component vicare
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py”, line 249, in _async_setup_component
result = await task
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 52, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/vicare/init.py”, line 86, in setup
vicare_api = Device(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], **params)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareDevice.py”, line 60, in init
self.service = ViCareCachedService(username, password, cacheDuration, client_id, token_file, circuit)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareCachedService.py”, line 8, in init
ViCareService.init(self, username, password, client_id, token_file, circuit)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareService.py”, line 77, in init
self._getInstallations()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PyViCare/PyViCareService.py”, line 270, in _getInstallations
installation = self.installations[“data”][0]
IndexError: list index out of range

1. it seems ha discover a new entity each time i try but the entity is called : (“persistent_notification.config_entry_discovery”)

2. here my config in ha (using custom component your latest release) :slight_smile: any idee ?

Viessmann

vicare:
username: info@xxxxx
be
password: xxxxxx
client_id: efbb0cfd8a9244xxxx1f908124aa3xxxx

any idee ?

frédéric

Not sure if this is the cause of your troubles, but you seem to be running the custom_component.
The official integration is working fine since 2021.8.0

I would
*remove the folder /config/custom_components/vicare
*update home assistant to latest (2021.8.4 at this moment)
*follow the Vicare integration config documentation
*report back if you still have issues

also, the config you posted seems badly indented, but can’t say for sure because you didn’t encapsulate the config in code-wraps

For comparison :

vicare:
  username: !secret vicare_email
  password: !secret vicare_password
  client_id: !secret vicare_apikey
  heating_type: gas

bonne chance,
Tom

Huge thankyou for this !!

As for my question regarding dhw one time charge, there seams to be work going on :clap::grinning:

hey, I am a huge beginner in case of ha. Today i did create ha at my home and i did connect my viessmann unit to ha, it worked great but when I had powered off and then powered on my raspbbery pi the plugin vi care doesnt work. Here are some logs. What could happen?

‘’’‘urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.viessmann.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /iot/v1/equipment/installations?includeGateways=true (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xb21eca00>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’))

requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘api.viessmann.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /iot/v1/equipment/installations?includeGateways=true (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.HTTPSConnection object at 0xb21eca00>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Try again’))