Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Hey Rob,
thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the wiring and its working (I swapped wires just to be sure but still no signal from the console). Also the wires are connected to the correct pins ( I did swap them just to make sure nothing changed but still no signal).
When you say each TX line you mean the TX and the RX? To measure it I ll connect one side on the TX (or the RX) and G?
I m getting power from the panel and its 3.75V.
I havent tried connecting them together but I ll give it a shot. I ve tried a new D1 mini and had the same results, thats why I m guessing it must be an issue with the TX-RX from the panel.
I ll try these and see how that goes.
Thank you

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Still, I’d make sure there’s signal on the Tx and Rx lines before implicating the panel. Do you have access to an oscilloscope? A loopback test would be good for determining that.

So I dont have an oscilloscope but I did measure RX-TX using the voltmeter and I m getting different values on both wires. 3.7V and 3.75V on both wires. Does this mean its not a panel issue? The debug log on the D1 mini just shows messages for the different http calls for the tabs i m visiting while i m browsing its configuration pages. -no errors. Should I find a 3rd D1 mini to try?
I m almost certain that the wires touched when I removed them from the D1 mini to put it on its case and thats the cause of my issue. I dont know why though the 2nd D1 mini doesnt get a signal from the panel either (both get power and I can browse the settings) Is there a way to reboot the panel maybe (not reset)? Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

OK so I have no idea what changed but it suddenly started working. I made no changes other than removing and reconnecting the wires from the D1 mini at the same pins. And it was on all this time so I dont think it just needed some more time to boot. I ll take it nevertheless. Again, thanks for all the help!

Hello, I have same thing, no notification after check “Intruder, Tamper '” in config.

Log: https://pastebin.com/gNhrkHFv

Hi

I have a theory and perhaps you can help.
Your log file states that you have “Silent Panic” set in your alarm panel settings. I get this setting by downloading the EPROM information. When “Silent Panic” is set in a panel I do not think that it will tell me that your siren is sounding. Perhaps you can check your panel and disable (turn off) Silent Panic and try it again please.
From your log file it does not tell me that the siren is sounding but it does tell me that it has done an “Interior Restore” (Rétablissement Alarme Intérieure) which means that it has turned off the internal sounder. So it’s a bit strange, that is why I assume that it is something to do with “Silent Panic” in your panel settings.

Let me know how you get on please
:slight_smile:

I tested and disable “silent panic” but nothing change. I read the installation instructions and “Silent panic” matches with Panic alarm with Fire and cross button on panel. I we give another log of my panel for find the problem.

See end log ~20:00

Thx :smirk:

Sorry for my not really good English :sweat_smile:

I’ve been reading up on this in the various user manuals online for the different panels and they have a slightly different meaning and so I’ve removed the condition of the silent panic in the code base.

I’ve uploaded a new release to Github as version 0.6.6.3, can you please give this a try and let me know if it works.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful news! That said, it would be nice to know what allowed it magically heal itself. On the other hand, sometimes it’s best not to ask and just appreciate the good fortune.

Edit: It’s possible you might have inadvertently triggered a latch-up condition. It’s relatively common with CMOS logic devices.

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/clark2/docs/AN-600.pdf

1 Like

Hey,
I tested 0.6.6.3 but nothing change is the same problem, no notifications on Home Assistant. Do you thinks this problem can come parameter on my panel ?

Pastebin (0.6.6.3): https://pastebin.com/FLMPkztn

Thx for help :slight_smile:

I think so yes.

This log file is different to the last one. In this log file your panel does not send any panel status messages (A7). It only sends zone status (A5) and powerlink status (AB) messages.

I can see from your log file:

• You “Arm Away” the panel
  • The panel has an exit delay
  • The panel is then Armed Away
  • You then trigger Z03 (Bedroom Magnet sensor)
  • The panel tells me that Z03 has been tripped (open)
  • The panel tells me that Z03 is not bypassed
  • The panel tells me that Z03 is the zone that tripped the alarm
  • You disarm the system

You need to look for handle_msgtypeA7 in the log file. This is put in the log file when the panel sends a panel status message. In your previous log file we even got

2021-03-25 19:49:58 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] [handle_msgtypeA7]             And it is, setting siren to True

It just didn’t push it through to HA properly, that was the fix I uploaded in 0.6.6.3.

It’s working, i really really stupid i had checked this option in config.

I have uncheck this option and siren notification alert working :slight_smile:
I have however some problem with the contacts sensors and motion sensors … :confused:

Also, the siren notification on HA is doesn’t report every time and i have Trouble state on my panel “PERTE COM BBA” but it’s always possible to change state of alarm and get state of motion and contacts sensors.

Thx for helping, we are almost there.

I don’t think that is what fixed it. That only changes the way powerlink mode is performed. I suggest that you check this option in your setup for future restarts of Home Assistant (as the intergration may not always achieve powerlink mode with the panel).

I’ve looked at your log file and there doesn’t appear to be anything wrong with the sensors. Can you be more specific.
There is 1 thing that is strange. The panel is indicating that Z09 has tripped the alarm before that start of this log file, is this correct?
There are various sensors tripped during the period in the log file:

• 20:01:15 Zone 8 is triggered
  • 20:04:45 Zone 8 is triggered
  • 20:07:45 Zone 11 is triggered

I won’t list them all but they all seem OK to me.

There are 2 sensor times that you need to be aware of

• The alarm panel itself has a timeout for the sensors. Once a sensor is triggered, it cannot be triggered again for X seconds. The X seconds depends on your panel model.
  • I set a “Motion Off Delay” of Y seconds (set in the options) that does a similar thing for Home Assistant. It will not generate another trigger for that sensor in Y seconds.

These are for all sensor types and not just PIRs.
Might this be a part of your problem?

From you log file the siren is only triggered at the start of the log file.
Some of the French text messages in the log file are mixed up and I have fixed that for the next release but the message type numbers are correct so it took me a while to sort this and work out what was going on (in English).

• 19:55:43 You disarm the alarm. This is confirmed at 19:55:45
  • 19:55:46 You enter Installer Mode on the panel (A7 message type 144 or 0x90 in hex)

The A7 messages at 19:56:10 really confuse me as many things happen all at this time:

• Panel is reset as you exit Installer Mode (A7 message type 96 or 0x60 in hex)
  • Panel exits Installer Mode (A7 message type 143 or 0x8F in hex)
    The above 2 things happening at the same time is normal, what confuses me is that the next 2 things happen at the same time as the 2 things above
  • You “Arm Away” the Panel (A7 message type 82 or 0x52 in hex)
  • The siren is triggered from an “Interior Alarm” (A7 message type 1 or 0x01 in hex)

You either set the alarm very quickly after exitinf installer mode on the panel or you tried setting the alarm while in installer mode and it only sets on exit. You then triggered the interior alarm straight away.

Is all of this correct?

Hi Dave,

I have finally found some time to try and setup the integration but still need some help with it. Due to the relocation of my router ethernet connection is not an option anymore so I tried the wifi route by using DOIT hardware.

I have wired the DOIT on my panel and it is powering up. DOIT is connected to my router and assigned with an IP and then I set the baud rate to 38400 (when I tried 9600 the integration failed to connect). I have added the DOIT IP and port and the integration was added to HA, however, only one device (called Visonic Alarm Panel (Partition 1)) and one entry (called Visonic Alarm) are available and the status is unknown. Then, after a while I am getting the “Integration Suspended - Failed to connect to your Visonic Alarm. We have not received any data from the panel” error.

I’ve checked what other users did when they came across this error but nothing helped. By checking the HA logger I cannot find anything particularly helpful to guide me further. Please find the logger below.

Logger: custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic
Source: custom_components/visonic/pyvisonic.py:1624
Integration: Visonic Intruder Alarm (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:49:40 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:49:40 PM

[Controller] Visonic Plugin has suspended all operations, there is a problem with the communication with the panel (i.e. no data has been received from the panel)

Any ideas of what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Stefanos

Can you remind me what your panel type is please. See here for baud rate settings. Powermaster is usually 38400 and powermax is usually 9600 I think. Have you set 1 stop bit and no parity.

There is no data being received. We have to assume that the panel is not receiving any data from HA as well, although we can’t be sure. I think it’s still a hardware or a connection wiring problem. I usually defer to @pocket for hardware problems and get his help.

Hi Stefanos.

Can you confirm this is the device you are using?

https://fccid.io/2AL3B-ESP-M/Users-Manual/User-Manual-3413969

Can you describe your configuration? Where are you getting your power for the module? What are the communication settings for the module?

Edit: Was it preloaded with firmware, or did you load it with anything?

@davesmeghead My panel is the Powermax Express.

Ok there was some progress. I think the issue before was that the tickbox for Powermax panels was ticked. I found that my version is 17.xxx so I went back to 9600 baud rate and I set the integration again. I didn’t received that error notification this time and now I can see the panel is reporting its status as disarmed. I will try to arm it in a bit to see if it is reporting the states correctly.

The are 3No. PIR sensors linked to the panel which are not available in HA, only 1 device and one entity is available. Is there a setting that I missed to sync the rest of the entities? Not a major inconvenience to be honest as the main thing I wanted from the integration is the status of the panel (armed/disarmed) and the ability to arm it remotely from HA, but it would be nice to have those too.

Hi @pocket the device that I am using is this. The configuration is the typical wiring TX->RX, RX->TX, Grnd->Grnd and 3.75v->VCC. So the device is getting power straight out of the panel.

The device was preloaded with the DOIT firmware which creates a “soft” AP to access the device, set the serial settings (BaudRate 9600, DataBits 8, Parity None, StopBits 1, Serial Split timeout 50), set the wifi connection with the home network and set the TCP Server (port number).

As described above my issue was probably the baud rate and the tickbox for Powermax panels.

Hi
A Powermax Express should have the “Auto Enroll Supported” setting ticked as it should auto enroll. Your problem before was no communication at all. As it seems to be now communicating please tick this setting and try it again.

Before you restart HA, if you set your logger settings to this and upload a log file to pastebin/dropbox I’ll take a look through and see if I can help. Only then will I be able to properly see what’s going on. The first 1500 lines of the log file should do.
D :slight_smile:

Brilliant that did the trick! I tried the Auto Enroll before but as you said there was no communication at all (not sure what I was doing wrong). Now I can see my 3 PIRs and one contact sensor available.

Based on the log file I think the mode that the panel is connected is Powerlink or std plus but I am not sure because I cannot find the entity Panel Mode. Also the other entities that I can see to Wiki page (Panel Ready / Siren / Panel Exception Count) are missing. I tried the Download Code empty and AAAA but the result was the same.

I have pasted the logfile to dropbox here.

Btw do you have any donation page that I can support the project? The work you have done and the continuous support of the users is brilliant!

Edit: Solved. I can see the panel mode/siren etc. as attributes of the alarm_control_panel.visonic_alarm entity so I can create frontend by extracting those attributes

I’m glad to hear it’s working. I’m a bit surprised it’s operating at 3.75 volts. The minimum recommended is 4.5 V. If there’s a downstream regulator outputting 3.3 volts, it’s probably doing an adequate job if the dropout voltage is near its rated minimum.