Visonic Powermax and Powermaster Component

Wiki update suggestion - I just setup my Home Assistant again (looks like SD card was knackered), in the “Installing the Software in to HA” I suggest adding instruction to restart host after transferring the files, the integration did not appear available in the list until I did.

Hello,
So i had successfully connected the Powermax Pro using a D1 mini pro to home assistant and was working great for few weeks, but then i decided to print a case for it. After putting it in the case, I lost connection with it from home assistant (had to remove the cables from the D1mini side and reconnect them). I checked the Console in the esplink but i get no input (when i first connected it successfully I could see the different characters). I thought i might have sorted the wires while changing the case and fried the D1 mini (although i can see ti blinking when it boots) so I tried another spare I had with the same results. I tried different versions of the firmware too but I still dont get anything in the console. I tried different Baud rates as well but still nothing. I tested the wires and they work. The alarm is working fine. Any ideas on how to fix this? is it possible i fried something inside the alarm? Thanks for any help/ideas

Hello,
I have a Powermax Pro with USR232 all works but one things don’t work correctly.
When siren is active no report on HomeAssistant.

I have enable REPORT on panel as well. But nothing change, no alert on homeassisant when siren is active

Do you have idea for solve my problem ?
Thx

Hi,
What do you have this setting set to in the configuration?
If it’s an empty list then you are not asking for the siren report to be made in HA.
If this isn’t your problem then set the logger settings in your configuration.yaml and upload a log file to pastebin/dropbox please.

Done it, thankyou :slight_smile:

Changing the baud rate won’t help, put it back to 9600 I think. Usually @pocket helps with the hardware related questions :slight_smile:

Assuming you’re using a WiFi connection, we can start with that. Aside from the LED, what signs of aliveness are you getting from the D1? Is there an HTTP server used to configure it? Can you ping to it? Do you have a way of seeing if it’s connected to your WiFi using the features of the router? If you have a smart phone connected to your WiFi, there are apps that’ll scan your network for connected devices.

Hey,
yes I can connect to the D1 mini and change its settings. It has a console tab where I can see whatever messages the Powermax pro sends (as shown on these instructions as well https://github.com/davesmeghead/visonic/wiki/Using-NodeMCU-PowermaxProModel6 ) The thing is now I dont see any messages so I m assuming there is something wrong with the RX-TX signal that the Powermax Pro sends

I’m hoping you’ve just overlooked the obvious. I can’t count how many times that’s happened to me. Here are a few things to try.

• Check your wiring. Check to see if you haven’t inadvertently swapped Rx and Tx. Remember, Tx (out) goes to Rx (in) in both directions. If you’re using individual header connector jumpers (a.k.a. Dupont jumper wire), check these to see if they’re on the correct pins. Note the notch in the panel’s connector body.
  • If you have a DC voltmeter, disconnect the Rx and Tx wires and measure the voltage on each Tx line. They should be both at a high state (3.3v or 5v) in the idle state (no data being passed). Rx inputs are essentially floating, so they could measure between 0 and a high-state voltage.
  • If you power your D1 from the panel, measure the voltage at the D1 power input to see if it’s appropriate. It should be close to the supply voltage of the panel (3.75v or 5v).
  • I’m not sure what might happen if you connect D1 Tx and Rx together while HA is running, but there might be some signature in the log indicating you have a working D1 board. If you had the board configured as a telnet interface (port 23), you might be able to use a terminal app on a PC to see the loop-back characters as you type.

That’s all I can think off right now,

R

Hey Rob,
thanks for the quick reply.
I checked the wiring and its working (I swapped wires just to be sure but still no signal from the console). Also the wires are connected to the correct pins ( I did swap them just to make sure nothing changed but still no signal).
When you say each TX line you mean the TX and the RX? To measure it I ll connect one side on the TX (or the RX) and G?
I m getting power from the panel and its 3.75V.
I havent tried connecting them together but I ll give it a shot. I ve tried a new D1 mini and had the same results, thats why I m guessing it must be an issue with the TX-RX from the panel.
I ll try these and see how that goes.
Thank you

Ugh. Sorry to hear that. Still, I’d make sure there’s signal on the Tx and Rx lines before implicating the panel. Do you have access to an oscilloscope? A loopback test would be good for determining that.

So I dont have an oscilloscope but I did measure RX-TX using the voltmeter and I m getting different values on both wires. 3.7V and 3.75V on both wires. Does this mean its not a panel issue? The debug log on the D1 mini just shows messages for the different http calls for the tabs i m visiting while i m browsing its configuration pages. -no errors. Should I find a 3rd D1 mini to try?
I m almost certain that the wires touched when I removed them from the D1 mini to put it on its case and thats the cause of my issue. I dont know why though the 2nd D1 mini doesnt get a signal from the panel either (both get power and I can browse the settings) Is there a way to reboot the panel maybe (not reset)? Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

OK so I have no idea what changed but it suddenly started working. I made no changes other than removing and reconnecting the wires from the D1 mini at the same pins. And it was on all this time so I dont think it just needed some more time to boot. I ll take it nevertheless. Again, thanks for all the help!

Hello, I have same thing, no notification after check “Intruder, Tamper '” in config.

Log: https://pastebin.com/gNhrkHFv

Hi

I have a theory and perhaps you can help.
Your log file states that you have “Silent Panic” set in your alarm panel settings. I get this setting by downloading the EPROM information. When “Silent Panic” is set in a panel I do not think that it will tell me that your siren is sounding. Perhaps you can check your panel and disable (turn off) Silent Panic and try it again please.
From your log file it does not tell me that the siren is sounding but it does tell me that it has done an “Interior Restore” (Rétablissement Alarme Intérieure) which means that it has turned off the internal sounder. So it’s a bit strange, that is why I assume that it is something to do with “Silent Panic” in your panel settings.

Let me know how you get on please
:slight_smile:

I tested and disable “silent panic” but nothing change. I read the installation instructions and “Silent panic” matches with Panic alarm with Fire and cross button on panel. I we give another log of my panel for find the problem.

See end log ~20:00

Thx :smirk:

Sorry for my not really good English :sweat_smile:

I’ve been reading up on this in the various user manuals online for the different panels and they have a slightly different meaning and so I’ve removed the condition of the silent panic in the code base.

I’ve uploaded a new release to Github as version 0.6.6.3, can you please give this a try and let me know if it works.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful news! That said, it would be nice to know what allowed it magically heal itself. On the other hand, sometimes it’s best not to ask and just appreciate the good fortune.

Edit: It’s possible you might have inadvertently triggered a latch-up condition. It’s relatively common with CMOS logic devices.

http://large.stanford.edu/courses/2015/ph241/clark2/docs/AN-600.pdf

1 Like

Hey,
I tested 0.6.6.3 but nothing change is the same problem, no notifications on Home Assistant. Do you thinks this problem can come parameter on my panel ?

Pastebin (0.6.6.3): https://pastebin.com/FLMPkztn

Thx for help :slight_smile:

I think so yes.

This log file is different to the last one. In this log file your panel does not send any panel status messages (A7). It only sends zone status (A5) and powerlink status (AB) messages.

I can see from your log file:

• You “Arm Away” the panel
  • The panel has an exit delay
  • The panel is then Armed Away
  • You then trigger Z03 (Bedroom Magnet sensor)
  • The panel tells me that Z03 has been tripped (open)
  • The panel tells me that Z03 is not bypassed
  • The panel tells me that Z03 is the zone that tripped the alarm
  • You disarm the system

You need to look for handle_msgtypeA7 in the log file. This is put in the log file when the panel sends a panel status message. In your previous log file we even got

2021-03-25 19:49:58 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.visonic.pyvisonic] [handle_msgtypeA7]             And it is, setting siren to True

It just didn’t push it through to HA properly, that was the fix I uploaded in 0.6.6.3.