Wallbox pulsar plus integration?

Yeah, the swtich aviability seems to be OK. For instance, right now the Status Description states, “Waiting for car demand” and indeed the swtich is not available, that seems to be consistent with mywallbox UI experience:

But 1hour ago, when was charging, the following was happening (let me try to describe it by bullet points for better understanding):

1. Car is charching and switch is available ON HA : OK;
  2. mywallbox UI gives be a “Pause” button to allow me to pause the charging process : OK;
  3. On HA UI, the switch should be “ON” and keeps “OFF”.
  4. If I toggle it once, it keeps “ON” and the UI on mywall is updated;
  5. Returning to the mywallbox UI, if I toggle it to pause;
  6. On HA, the swtich keeps “ON” altough my expections is to see the switch returning back to “OFF”

My assumption, is that due an authenticatoin error (line 960 described above), the code is not able to retrieve correctly the status\or resume the operation of charging. Happy to help you on the debugging if needed.

I think there was some reverse logic there… I created an update can you try this new version?

This is the the commit right ?

Testing this one, seems to resolve the switch state well done :slight_smile:

I would just recommend to add other state as well “Scheduled”. Most part of us, have schedules on this wallbox’s and you may jump in a situation that you want to force the charging outside your scheduled - makes sense ? Meaning, I want to be able to resume\start charging when the state is “Scheduled”, so the switch needs to be available on this situation as well. Did some changes and it’s working great.

Other question I have, it may help have a better control over the charging process via node-red since it’s a numeric value, the Current Mode is always 1, I don’t find much information about the Wallbox API, do you know if this state changes ? Of course we can control using the Status, but once more using a numeric fielf would be easier.

Thank you!

I can add ‘scheduled’ to the code, that way the switch is available when scheduled. I don’t know whether the API Will accept the commando hoever, but we can try… Regarding your 2nd question, there is also a status ID, might that work for your purposes? I could include that…

Cool, that would be great. It does accept, on my tests yesterday I was able to start a charging process when the status was “Scheduled” and if we think, it wouldn’t make sense to reject it. I should be allowed to charge the car when I want. Around the status ID would be awesome. If you could add that and a short description of which one of them would be amazing helpful.

Veric Nice job on that Wallbox !
For info we began to do the same job on the cheap BESEN/MOREC B20 wallbox … starting to do reverse engineering on the Wallbox protocol https://community.home-assistant.io/t/besen-b20-evse/405737
Last off topic message for me :wink:

1 Like

@hesselonline Just a quick shoutout, I had my first EV delivered a month ago, they took a few weeks to install the wallbox, and I was watching this thread and had tried the custom components, but the state description was broken by then.

Just ran up the new custom compnents version and it is working perfectly! Pause and Resume was a must in my use case, as I have Nodered polling the solar at home and adjusting the amps accordingly, so my charging stays within my free solar generation. Now I can stop entirely when lots of clouds come over and it kicks off again on it’s own.

Thanks again

3 Likes

Wallbox has accepted the charging power over Wifi disapearing as a bug and will be solving this in a future firmware release. This is a start, but I got no indication when we can expect an update.
Keep you posted.

2 Likes

That is good news. Well done! I only got about 10 very nice and very useless e-mails. Now I can stop looking for the problem here. Thx.

I added scheduled to the code just now.

1 Like

Hi
I am from Product Innovation & Research Team at Wallbox
It’s great to see you are helping each other on building valuable integrations and automations.

We are interested in finding new ways to bring value to you through the control of different energy devices but not only the charger to optimise your household expenses or to use greener energy. This means controlling and optimizing PV use, stationary batteries, heat pumps, etc…
Thus, if you would like to participate in our research we will be more than happy to hear your pains regarding your home energy management.

Feel free to fill the forms if you are interested: [https://forms.gle/EUWt5tt1TvcED8HC6]

If you have any other doubts I am also happy to help you. Contact me directly at [email protected]

WARNING! NEW! From 04/05/2022 ahead I may not answer emails about issues and topics. I am so sorry for that but I have to focus my time on doing product innovation and research. If you find any bug or have any issue, please:

1. Use the following link to send your request to customer service: [Contact Us - Wallbox Academy]
  2. You can also contact us through the customer support forms in the MyWallbox app

If by following the previous process the time response is not appropriate, then you can let me know personally via email and I will do my best.

5 Likes

Fantastic to see your interest in what’s happening on this forum!

1 Like

Wallbox software updated to 5.7.18 this morning. Both cars charged, so cannot check now, but hopefully the charge power reporting is fixed now.

Issue with Charging power is still not solved after upgrade to new firmware😞
Maybe in next version

@Oriol_FP may be you can monitor this for us internally?

Hi @RienduPre
Did you raise the issue to our post-sale service here Contacto - Wallbox Academy?
Did they provide you any ticket ID tracker?

Thanks

Indeed. I can confirm, the problem persists. Boomer, I had such good hopes.

I have had a long e-mail exchange with customer service that did not lead to a resolution:

0kw sessions /SN:104211 [ ref:_00D1tvaEj._5007U3HfhB:ref ]

Does that reference help?

This is a link to the .pdf with the full exchange: Google Drive: Sign-in

I had direct contact with @Oriol_FP
The bug I reported is known with a high priority, but most bugs are high priority.

They hope this will be fixed in the next release.(fingers crossed)

Hello, I’m currently using the official integration, I guess the OOTB, but I would like to try the custom to have the pause switch.
What do I have to do to use the custom?
Thanks in advance

Hi, I expect the switch to be included in the next hass release. So, I suggest waiting a few days and updating hass :wink:

1 Like