WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

Does 0.6.1 work any better?

Yes! I have not tried motion yet but I can stream the camera. Is there a way to password protect the stream?

1 Like

0.6.1. is the first version I installed, on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I did not try the camera yet, but the motion detection/turn on the screen works very well for me. Great work and thank you so much! Let me know if there is something specific you want us to test and I will.

Great project. I recently bought an Amazon Fire 7 (7th gen). Just trying a few things out for the time being. HA front end (HASS) loads fine in Chrome, and I am able to view my floorplan, etc.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/floorplan-for-home-assistant

I installed WallPanel but then my floorplan no longer displays. No idea what the difference is between Chrome and the browser engines within WallPanel, as far as loading the floorplan goes. Anyone else tried getting the floorplan working with WallPanel?

Works fine for me on the same device with WallPanel.

Hi Corey. Do you use SSL for your HA front end? Also, have you tried using WallPanel with Floorplan from outside your home network?

I do not use SSL. I could never get it to work even before I created the subnet/chained router configuration I have now.

I have not used WallPanel outside of the home networks. I have used Floorplan from outside just not via WallPanel.

Thank you for the great application.
Camera and motion detection work like charm. I have one slightly problem though. I’m using HaDashboard with Nexus 9 and everything works great on initial dashboard (dashboard launch URL), but if I’m trying to navigate through my other dashboards, nothing is happening (e.g. from ip:port/main go to ip:port/other). With enabled option “Show Browser activities” it’s not showing any attempts to load new screen either. Any ideas where to look at?

i installed wallpanel on a new tablet with android 6 on it.

i installed 0.6 but both cameras give error 0 and error 1
upgraded to 0.6.1 but didnt help me a bit :frowning:

1 Like

Hope this helps with the unlock of the screen lock

RT @xdadevelopers Post: https://forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/help/remove-entire-lockscreen-t3338235/post66897565

I have 0.6 working on my Amazon Fire Alexa 7 just got it yesterday had to pay for the ads to be remove from the lock screen but I hope someone can figures out the screen lock problem.

I just installed this and it works great. The one issue I am seeing is that MQTT is not working, and I am sure my settings are correct (I have lots of devices connecting to MQTT). The camera stream and wake on motion are all great.

Unfortunately I also have a Fire Tablet 8" (6th gen) and it appears you cannot disable the lockscreen without root (trying the above method, you can’t “su” so the sqlite command fails because of permissions). It is too bad because the Fire tablets are so cheap.

@quadportnick as an alternative, is it possible to dim the screen to 1% brightness when no motion is detected, wake up to brighter when it’s triggered? that would be a good alternative

Hello Friends , wallpanel is amazing! , just ONE BIG problem , i have setup wallpanet to display the hadashboard (main.dash) , in the main.dash i have insert some widget_type: navigate , to have more pages , but inside the wallpanel the navigation is not working i cant get to another page when i press the icon , but if i open the main.dash from normal browser i can navigate without a problem…

any thoughts?

Amazon Fire Tablets are on sale right now. Are they a good option for Wallpanel?

1 Like

Anyone using the MJPEG stream in HA? I cant seem to show mine through HA (curl/browser shows feed).

camera 1etg_gang:
  platform: generic
  still_image_url: http://192.168.66.49:2971/camera/stream
  content_type: image/jpeg
  name: 1. Etg Gang Camera

HA: error loading image

$ curl 'http://192.168.67.11:8123/api/camera_proxy/camera.1_etg_gang_camera?token=b659f6b0aaa46e8338dbc9baa9dacfb4fe2d041b73c8b867c1353a1ee785c7f5&time=1499789019360' -H 'Host: 192.168.67.11:8123' -H 'User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0' -H 'Accept: */*' -H 'Accept-Language: en-US,en;q=0.5' --compressed -H 'Referer: http://192.168.67.11:8123/states/group.1etg_gang' -H 'Connection: keep-alive'
Max streams exceeded```

You should use mjpeg platform :slight_smile:

- platform: mjpeg
  mjpeg_url: http://192.168.66.49:2971/camera/stream

Wallpanel is very nice, on the Fire tablets seems like unless you can root it, you have to swipe to see screen because you can’t disable the lock screen.

I couldn’t figure out how to root mine so ended up with 2 apps, Android IP Webcam in the background which has a HA component (for camera stream + motion/light sensors in HASS) and ‘Fully Kiosk’ for viewing HA. Fully Kiosk has a screensaver so the lock screen won’t be enabled on the FIre, & then I trigger the ‘show screen’ command via REST with HA by monitoring the IP Webcam’s motion sensor. Sort of a round about way of doing it but it works, if you want the screen to trigger by motion.

Those Fire 7s were too cheap today so I got one to try to get to work with HA/Wallpanel, will let you know how it goes.

1 Like

I have this running on a Fire 7 and it runs well without any additional apps. Screen does not lock.

1 Like

@quadportnick My tablet just became unresponsive with the app it just stays on a black screen no matter what I press it wont get out of it… :confused: its not frozen as I can still click stuff but the wallpanel app keeps going over the top of everything stopping me from closing it or trying to fix it.

Many reboots and some quick taps saved me but there should be an option to getout of the app or make it lose foreground focus if the notification is opened a few times in a row.

This looks awesome. I was actually working on doing something similar (using Cordova/PhoneGap) but this takes care of allt he backend stuff so I can just work on my frontend like I originally wanted :slight_smile: Love that it has API calls that let you redirect pages or call javascript functions. Now I can have it do things like automatically pull up a camera page when the doorbell rings.