WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]

Hi its towards the bottom of the settings menu… I have taken a pic

image1

That was it! Thanks!

HASS frontend is not showing up for me. Just the blue bar on the top. I run it locally (no ssl etc).

Any ideas?

Same here, started weeks, maybe even months. Funny, I just tried messing with it today for the first time and cannot figure it out. Even re-downloaded WallPanel to try but no luck. My HA page still loads with Silk so not sure WTH is wrong.

Mine does the same, only showing a blue bar. It was working great a couple of months ago but suddenly stopped. I have an older Samsung Tab that I am using. I also tried using Fully Kiosk but HA doesn’t show there either. I was hoping to use them for displaying HA Floorplan. Oddly HA will show in Chrome when I run it on the Tab. Anyone know what browser is being triggered when WallPanel or Fully is loaded, wonder if that is the issue? Is it possible to force them to load Chrome?
(fyi - mine also loads with Silk in FireHD and I loaded Fully and HA shows in there too, just can’t get WallPanel or Fully to work on my Tabs anymore)

in fully you can chose which browser type is used if i am correct.

Hmm, I am not seeing that, is that a feature of the paid version? I am not seeing an option to input a browser.

I have just tried in on one of my WallPanel enabled devices and HASS shows up fine, usually us HADashboard.

My Tablets a Teclast (Chinese) 8" Tablets running Android 5.1, Running HASS 57.2 (on Ubuntu) over SSL.

Make sure Automatic or Android Web View is enabled within the settings (Specify Browser Engine) as nothing works right with CrossWalk.

Still a no go for me in either WallPanel or Fully.

have u tried and reset the cache in the android app settings for WallPanel.

I am testing Fully Kisok, on one of the tablets let me go an try it on that too

I have cleared the cache, uninstalled and reinstalled both WallPanel and Fully but all I ever get is the blank screen with the blue bar. My Tab has Android 4.1.2 but as I mentioned it did work at one time.

Same… uninstalled, factory reset… no change.

Silk works fine.

Seems that both WallPanel and Fully use Android Webview. I wrote to support for Fully yesterday about what browser is being used and this was their reply:

“Fully can only use the Android Webview available on the device which is pretty bad and buggy with Android older than Android 5. Website rendering results can be dramatically different than in Chrome on the same device.”

So it seems for me at least unless I can upgrade my Tabs to Android 5 or higher it may never work on these older models. Unfortunate as I have a few that I would like to re-purpose for hanging as a wall mount for my Floorplan.

I’m on Android 4.4.4 and HASS also stopped loading inside Wallpanel a few months ago after a specific HASS update. The same issue occurs with all other in-app browsers I’ve tried.

I still use wallpanel in the background to enable the screen on motion but just use the regular HASS webapp in the foreground. This works exactly like I need.

1 Like

my tablet is 4.4 and fully with hadashboard is like i want it to be.
i dont think the ha frontend is suitable for a tablet anyway.

Wallpanel has a zoom functionality which I used to display the UI extra large which worked really well for the tablet actually.

Nowadays I also use custom dashboard interface but I can still load the native UI in a tab from that interface, just in case.

Hi @Hefford27, sorry for the delayed response, have some medication that has made my brain difficult to wrap around homeassistant for a while. You have no doubt already worked it out for yourself but for what it’s worth…

Functionally I find them both exactly the same once setup with HADashboard. I hadn’t realised Fully Kiosk had an apk for old tablets at the time so am still using Wallpanel on my old Nexus7’s without having to use an updated OS. From what I understood that is kind of the point for WallPanel, reviving old hardware. It wouldn’t even work with a browser

Have just gotten a couple of Fire Tablets from the re-shippers after Black Friday sales so will probably install Fully and see how it goes. I want to avoid playstore / google logins on these devices so it will be the APK method. There is an issue with screen-lock on the fires from what I have read so it may be necessary to use Fully. I’m planning on trying floorplanner out on at least one of them so it might be a while until I work that out and make up my mind.

One thing I did find very handy was being able to use a web browser to configure Fully on a PC.

Did you ever find a way around this? I just set up SSL and now my wallpanels wont connect. I tried using the external address (duck) but that doesn’t work for me internally on any machine.

Kind of reading down through the thread …
Is getting it to work with Android 4.0 dead?
Here is my use case …
I have two Samsung SGH-I957 and several SGH-I497.
The I497 are just a little too big to fit between the cabinet and door in the kitchen, but the I957 fits perfectly.
Of course as luck would have it, the I957 is 4.0. Does anyone know a rom I can upgrade to?

BTW the I497 4.1.2 did start up, I have not had time to see how well it works. I think @Vasiley has one in production. I forgot to ask if he was using the camera for anything. Also if someone knows a rom for the I497, I would like to use it outside of HASS.

Also, @quadportnick we just received a project that involves developing for Android. We have a step curve, but making progress. I know a little bit from managing the project may not be much help, but I can test and setup debug if that helps.

I would like to wake the tablet if my hue sensor detects motion (set up with mqtt).

What do I have to add to my config yaml in order to make this work?

It’s probably super easy, but I have no clue how or where to get started, as I could only find the WallPanel API but no examples.