WarmMe Intergration (Tuya?)

As somebody who also has a WarmMe thermostat I also am looking to get into HA. Holding off trying the Tuya route given that as I understand it from this topic it’s not going very smoothly yet.

Reading that it’s not seen as a thermostat by @MrtBs Perhaps this is more an issue with the C16 then Tuya/HA. I have it -through the warmMe app connected to my Google Assistant/Google Home and it also doesn’t recognize it as a thermostat. Just as a sensor, but oddly one I can turn on/off.

In the end I got it working. I changed the device yaml, by removing some unused lines (the unknown entries), then it worked. Today I reloaded the tuya local integration and suddenly also the original configuration file worked again. Not sure what happend there, but it works now.

Well it work fine and smooth adding as well, one thing to note though is that the device only accepts one concurrent connection. HA localtuya controls only work when nothing else is accessing the device. I even can’t control the thermostat from HA when the device activates based on the mandatory schedule.

Workaround for me is to schedule it very short in the night, and leave the rest to HA

For some reason after a reinstall the device was not recognized again. This seems to have to do something with entity id number 26. When I remove it from the yaml file it works again. Being in the yaml file, I ended up updating it a bit to get an improved integration. I adapted the temperature to show the floor temperature instead of the room temperature (since that is what I am controlling the device to) and made some changes to the HVAC mode, which can no be set to auto, manual or off (similar to the Tado integraton for example). Last thing I added was the actual use time of the device. Multiply this with the power rating and you have the power usage.

I will also share this update to the git repo, but below you can find my custom yaml: config/custom_components/tuya_local/devices/custom_saswell_c16_thermostat.yaml

name: C16 WiFi Thermostat
products:
  - id: jIRwsT5yLPJO41Po
primary_entity:
  entity: climate
  dps:
    - id: 2
      name: temperature
      type: integer
      range:
        min: 50
        max: 400
      mapping:
        - scale: 10
          step: 5
    - id: 3
      name: hvac_mode
      type: string
      mapping:
        - dps_val: "Smart"
          value: auto
          icon: "mdi:home-thermometer"
        - dps_val: "Anti_frozen"
          value: "off"
          icon: "mdi:snowflake-melt"
        - dps_val: "Manual"
          value: heat
          icon: "mdi:cursor-pointer"
    - id: 4
      name: unknown_4
    - id: 5
      name: area_temperature
      mapping:
    - id: 6
      name: floor_temp_limit
      mapping:
    - id: 8
      name: current_temperature
      mapping:
    - id: 10
      name: adaptive
      type: boolean
    - id: 12
      name: schedule
    - id: 14
      name: unknown_14
    - id: 15
      name: unknown_15
    - id: 17
      name: unknown_17
    - id: 21
      name: unknown_21
    - id: 22
      name: power_rating
    - id: 23
      name: power_consumption_duration
    - id: 24
      name: hvac_action
      mapping:
        - dps_val: Standby
          value: idle
        - dps_val: Heating
          value: heating
        - dps_val: Cooling
          value: cooling
secondary_entities:
  - entity: lock
    name: Child Lock
    category: config
    dps:
      - id: 11
        name: lock
        mapping:
          - dps_val: true
            icon: "mdi:hand-back-right-off"
          - dps_val: false
            icon: "mdi:hand-back-right"
  - entity: number
    name: Floor Temperature Limit
    icon: "mdi:thermometer-alert"
    dps:
      - id: 6
        name: value
        unit: C
        range:
          min: 200
          max: 500
        mapping:
            step: 5
  - entity: sensor
    name: Floor Temperature
    class: temperature
    category: diagnostic
    dps:
      - id: 8
        name: sensor
        class: measurement
        mapping:
    name: Room Temperature
    class: temperature
    dps:
      - id: 5
        mapping:
  - entity: number
    name: Power Rating
    icon: "mdi:lightning-bolt"
    dps:
      - id: 22
        name: value
        unit: W
        range:
          min: 0
          max: 3500
    name: Power Consumption Duration
    icon: "mdl:clock" 
    dps:
      - id: 23
        unit: hour
1 Like

Hi
I’m looking at purchasing a floor heating system that is HA compatible and came across this post.
Is the method by MrtBs still the best way to get full control and access to sensors of C16 thermostat?

Don’t buy a Tuya floor controller. I’m not sure what is the best option but steer clear of Tuya and get something with local control from the get go.

Any suggestions/ ideas?

Sorry no. It’s not something I ever researched as I wasn’t gong to pay the money to upgrade what I had. But if I was starting from scratch I’d definitely take the time to find the right solution.

I only went the Tuya route as when they sold me the bathroom with floor heating it was an element by WarmeMe that came as a controler. It works, but I wish I had actually been more active and researched it and requested a specific system. Does it work however? yes…

1 Like

Same here, works fine via cloud, local has been a big hassle

Any further updates on local control with this thermostat?

I also noticed there’s a w16 WiFi floor thermostat in the market which also uses the tuya smart life app, and wonder if it’s the same as the c16.

I am still using Tuya Local - not LocalTuya and also want to know this.

The repo GitHub - rospogrigio/localtuya: local handling for Tuya devices now supports Climate (it didn’t before) and should work with any Tuya protocol :slight_smile:

Currently it is winter here and my home setup is working - maybe ill try and switch to LocalTuya in the summer. I think its a matter of configuring the DPs correctly.

Yeah also saw that climate is now supported so wonder if I should go for a tuya-based controller or not (fitting new electric UFH right now). I’d prefer to go with shelly 1PM with floor probe but wife wants a screen to control it so that’s not an option.

Well you can always go the vlan way

Seems like its been quite a while since any update here. How are people currently using these WarmMe devices in HA at the moment?

Still using it via de warmme/tuya app no integration…

I have been using my Warmme thermostats (two of them) via de Tuya Integration. Works fine, but the temperature being reported back to HA is always off a few degrees. Setting a temperature works perfect. The only thing I need to fix is that temp difference when reading the temperatures.

Well, maybe it is reporting the avg between floor and room sensor? Mine is pretty spot on. Ive configured it to use the floor sensor only fwiw

If you get a temperature gun and check the floor in various places, you will find quite a large temperature variance, so it depends entirely on where you measure it. I doesn’t really matter what you use as long as it is consistent. I made a temperature sensor that sits on the surface of the floor as that’s mostly what I’m interested in.

Exactly! I adjust the temp in summer as it much different, also using a temp gun.
Any excuse to use the gun, really