[WARN] Home Assistant CLI not starting! Jump into emergency cconsole

SOLVED! I am using Google Wi-Fi mesh and have configured DHCP to administer addresses. I dug into my router (AT&T) and noticed that its DHCP service was running as well (servicing a different network). I disabled the router service so there are no more conflicting DHCP services/networks seen on the same Ethernet (L1 & L2) network. I then rebooted the Home Assistant machine and get to the ha> prompt and can access via the web GUI.

I have attempted 2 different type of installs on different hardware with the same error. I am using version 6 build 1.

1st try - used a Generic x86-64 image and created an image on a SSD drive. HA loaded many files and stopped at loading the CLI.

2nd try - Installed Windows and used the Oracle VirtualBox installation method. Made propper settings with same CLI not Starting message.

3rd try - Used a different computer (Windows 10) with Oracle Virtual Box installation. Double checked insall setting and resulted iwth same CLI not starting message.

When I get to the # prompt after jump into emergency console, is there some things I can try to do to troubleshoot?

What would you recommend if you were in my shoes? Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: My router is picking up the homeassistant MAC address, but no IP. Cant ping, etc. Gut feeling is that some services are not starting?, etc.

1 Like

To look at this other topic and the mentioned issues there:

2 Likes

I was getting this error on a clean first-install (Raspberry Pi 400), and it was solved by, um, plugging a network cable in between the RPI and the router.

1 Like

I also have the same issue on my Pi 3 v2 after an update to 6.1 with the same error: “[WARN] Home Assistant CLI not starting! Jump into emergency console…”. I network via ethernet cable and can see this on my network but the CLI is not running.

I plan to try rolling back the update to see if that helps but this is a breaking update on this platform it seems at the moment.