What is your top 3 integrations in Home Assistant?

For the better part of the past year, my interactions with Home Assistant in my own home has been with the demo: integration, for what it does it works great.

But I guess it’s time to get back to start using this great platform again :slight_smile:

And since I’m now starting from scratch I need some inspiration, my current configuration is quite empty :see_no_evil:

What are your top 3 integrations in Home Assistant that does not require a physical device?
Does not have to be core integrations, I’m fine with custom work :slight_smile:

If you add a short description and a link that would be appreciated to :smiley:

1 Like

Ignoring notifications and GPS based trackers…

• UK Transport - I use this with notifications to tell me about
    • My morning trip to work
    • With a crazy automation to watch the status of the return trains and warn me if it looks there’s trouble
    • With a final automation near the end of the day to let me know about any delays.
  • Proximity for a number of things
    • Turns lights on after dark as we get near home
    • Notifies whoever is home when the other person is nearing home (handy for asking somebody to swing by the shops)
    • Working out if I’m likely near the office (for enabling those return commute automations)
    • Turning on and off various booleans and automations
  • Google Maps travel time - along with the proximity sensor, which gives direction of travel, for various automations.

Not in the top three, but other things of note:

• File notifier - for debug logging, amongst other things
  • Sun for a whole host of lighting related things
  • HACS for loading custom integrations
  • Circadian lighting instead of the built in Flux, because IMO it’s what Flux should have been (yes, ok, technically this one requires a physical device)
  • Cloud - which may be $5 a month, but makes voice assistant integration so much easier (and more)
  • InfluxDB for long term data retention and graphing
  • Monitor to replace the built in Bluetooth tracker (and save 5 freaking minutes of startup time on my Pi3)
5 Likes

Thank you @Tinkerer :smiley:

That Proximity integration was new to me, and I definitely will check that out!

• Nabu Casa cloud
  • HACS - already mentioned above plus i dont really think you need the link
  • BWAlarm

Some others i use that maybe of use

SmartIR
Life360
Zigbee2MQTT
TileBoard

2 Likes