Where's the config.txt file

Hello all

I’m trying to enable my RaspBee 2 on a Raspberry 4. I need to add a few lines to the config.txt file. I’ve read many guide where the file is but I can’t find it.

I’m a very recent image from the ofiicial image (Raspberry Pi - Home Assistant) and also use balena to flash.

When I add the sdCard unter my Ubuntu laptop the card is automatically mounted and I see 4 volumes:

• disk
  • hassos-data
  • hassos-kernel
  • hassos-overlay

The config.txt file should be in the /boot folder. The “disk” volume has all the usual folder: bin, dev, home, lib, root, var… but there’s no boot folder.

Some guides also say, that the config.txt file is in the root folder. But there’s also no config file in any root folder of a volume.

A search for config.txt on all drives didn’t find any drive aswell.

Could anybody tell me where I find this file before my hair turns grey, thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Maybe

Thanks. There are really 8 different partitions on the official Home Assistant image…
I found a config file here:

sudo mount -t vfat /dev/sdc1 /mnt/sdcard

sudo vim /mnt/sdcard/config.txt
#make your changes in the file (and exit with wq)

sudo umount /mnt/sdcard

Let’s hope this is the right config file

The post explicitly says it’s the 1st partition, so I suppose it is.

Thanks @koying . You just saved my day and my home assistant project. Thank you and have a good week!

Hi everybody!
I am getting crazy to get this work. Can’t access the config.txt file
Could you please explain step by step how to edit the /mnt/boot/config.txt file? I need this to Enable GPIO bus support in HAos for RaspberryMatic
I can access the Home Assistant command line via ssh on port 22 but I am stuck at
[core-ssh ~]$

Thank you in advance for your help
(I am on macOS)

apparently we have to enable ssh on port 22222 to acess that
/mnt/boot/config.txt

I still think its stupid I have to find a blank USB drive around to put
authorized_keys onto to enable it … still trying to find the fkn import from USB button …

but then found this

but port 22222 still not active

so in the end needed a blank USD drive formatted as FAT called CONFIG with a authorized_keys file

and /mnt/boot/config.txt has finally been altered they were even nice enough to completely remove #dtoverlay=w1-gpio

1 Like

I ended up with a bootable USB with Ubuntu and from there I SSH into the SD card and edited the config.txt
just crazy

You have to hard-reboot to make the underlying operating system reload. It works. I tested it today.

@pascal1 @koying thanks a lot. That helped me. Raspbee 2 is working.

I put the sd card in a windows pc and edited the file directly with notepad.