- 192.168.0.0/16
veto_files:
  - ._*
  - .DS_Store
  - Thumbs.db
  - icon?
  - .Trashes
compatibility_mode: false

Mine is similar. You are missing ’ ’ on workgroup.

1 Like

Apparently it was ’ behind the password. Now works all right. Thanks

Don’t use the network browser and just use the ip address in the file explorer address bar.

\\192.168.0.20
3 Likes

I just wanna to mention that User and Password cannot be the same. A Samba process will stop. You need to specify a username different then a password.

Thank you!! You kept me from pulling out the few remaining strands of hair on my head!!

Hass.io is installed on my synology as docker so i don’t know what to put in
interface: if i specify eth0 or eth1 i got an invalid run with : interpret_interface: Can't find address for eth1 (same with eth0) what is the value i should enter (if i let i got an error too)
thanks

Hello, I managed to copy the snapshots in the snapshot folder after I configured as network address, but for the addon folder it does not work, it shows addon folders inside each other with no end … any tips?

the tips is to set interface to the IP of the synology : by exemple 192.168.1.48

Thank You so much!!! You saved me.

After the latest windows 10 update I can no longer access my Home Assistant with Samba. All my android devices and Chromebooks work correctly. Network path issue in Windows.
Samba log shows

netbios connect: name1=HOMEASSISTANT  0x20 name2=OFFICE         0x0
netbios connect: local=homeassistant remote=office, name type = 0

Any ideas?

This worked for me . I had to map the drive with the ip

Hi All,
Veeeeery new to home assistant looking for a little help with samba, my config file is playing up

workgroup: ‘WORKGROUP’
username: xxxxxx
password: xxxxxx1
interface: ‘’
allow_hosts:

• 10.0.0.0/8
  • 172.16.0.0/12
  • 192.168.0.0/16
    veto_files:
  • ._*
  • .DS_Store
  • Thumbs.db
  • icon?
  • .Trashes
    compatibility_mode: false

Regardless of what I put in i get a the same error - "TypeError: Cannot read property ‘value’ of null’. When i press save,under config box under the addon. I’ve stripped it all out to a single line same error any pointers as to what i’m doing wrong on this?

Thanks
Nathz29

1 Like

Same here. Other people seems to have the problem as well: https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/jaukrc/typeerror_cannot_read_property_value_of_null/

Even the example config from the documentation page doesn’t work.
Samba add-on version 9.3.0, HassOS 5.3, RPI4B

seems to have resolved itself, I pressed save and left the wheel spinning rebooted a while later and the config is saved, Samba share is now working and accessible via windows

my simple solution work for me, install Terminal & SSH addon, create ssh privatekey in puttygen
-> run winscp, load privatekey. then works

this worked for me

try this

1 Like

Hi all,

I had the issue that I couldn’t access HA from my laptop anymore, no file haring stuff and not even the web interface. Enabled SMB1 but still nogo.
Today I deinstalled Nord VPN, and look and behold, it’s working again…

if you see the HA in the Network, do this in the windows folder path-line:
\\192.168.xx.xx\ <- your IP from HA
a Popup with Username and PW comming.

this is the Problem from “Registered MSG_REQ_POOL_USAGE”… you need the login.

workgroup: HERETHENAMEFROMETHEGROUP
username: homeassistant
password: homeassistant
interface: ''
allow_hosts:
  - 10.0.0.0/8
  - 172.16.0.0/12
  - 192.168.0.0/16
  - 192.168.xxx.0/16 <- the IP from all
  - 192.168.xxx.xxx <- the IP from Laptop
  - 'fe80::/10'
veto_files:
  - ._*
  - .DS_Store
  - Thumbs.db
  - icon?
  - .Trashes
compatibility_mode: true
guest: false

if you dont see the HA in Network, go an active the SMB File Sharing Support in Windows 10.

I had trouble with this until I looked at the log file and one of the comments from about 18 months ago about putting the address into Explorer in Windows with the \\name format.

The log file told me the name it was broadcasting which was “homeassistant”… so after restarting Samba I entered \\homeassistant into Explorer, and was asked for the credentials in the Samba config file - and I was away.

I had been expecting it to come up in Network… but I have now pinned it to Quick Access - I could also map a network drive for the config folder I guess.

4 Likes