Wipro Garnet Smart Light

I have a Wipro 20W RGB batten which i have setup with tuya-mqtt and openhab. The one i am missing is the toggle between the White and the Color mode. It would be great if you can post your HASS config for this batten which i will translate to openhab.

Following is my mqtt setup for the batten,

Thing topic wiprotuyabatten "Wipro Batten" @ "Living Room" {
    Channels:
        Type switch   : power      "Power"                [ stateTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/state", commandTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/command" ]
        Type dimmer     : brightness "Brightness"         [ stateTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/color_brightness_state", commandTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/color_brightness_command" ]
        Type dimmer     : white      "White"              [ stateTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/white_brightness_state", commandTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/white_brightness_command", min=0, max=100, step=10  ]
        Type colorHSB   : color      "Color"              [ stateTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/hsb_state", commandTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/hsb_command" ]
        Type string   : colormode      "Mode"              [ stateTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/mode_state", commandTopic="tuya/wipro_rgbcw_wifi_batten/mode_command"  ]

}

The ‘white’ state/command doesnt work. What is your config?

I use LocalTuya for the Wipro Batten. I could share the cofig data if that helps.

Rishab

Yes, that will be great.

I have also installed local tuya. I was able to add it, but not able to control brightness & colour temperature. Only able to switch it ON/OFF. Will experiment with the values in the entity configuration. Wipro 16A Smart plug also added via local tuya and working fine.

I paid for a Wipro bulb NS1210 to flash with Tasmota and Amazon sent me a Syska SSK-SMW-12W-5C. I tried my luck with tuya-convert but it report an error “Your device does not use an ESP82xx”.

The bulb is going back to Amazon.

Anybody has opened the Wipro batten to see the pin layout. I would love to use Tasmota with it rather than LocalTuya,

I need to order a new batten for my kitchen. Can order a spare and to some experiments. Tasmota or ESPHOME would be ideal. I tried a few options in LocalTuya for the batten but still not able to get the warmth and brightness control to work. On/Off working fine.
@rishabmehta7 can you share your localtuya configs?

Here is mine for the RGB version

I have added the Wipro Batten to the Local Tuya Known devices repo
Its the last one one the list.

Thanks all, the following setting worked for me (non-RGB Wipro LED Batten)
Brightness - 22 & Color Temperature - 23

Does the non RGB remember its last state?

I downloaded the Tuya App and Re-added all my Wipro Devices to Tuya. Tuya App was showing me Wipro devices successfully. Then Added Tuya to Home Assistant and Boom Able to Add Wipro Devices To Home Assistant.

Yes Its working with Home Assistant… Just configured it.

You need to logout from Wipro SmartLife and then download Smart Life app from etuyo and then configure it in tuyo configuration and the device will be available in home assistant.

I have written a Python Wrapper for Smitch APIs

I recently flashed Wipro Led Batten using ESP home now I can control it from HA. This batten uses TYWE3L chip which is based on ESP8266. You can find the datasheet here. I did little soldering to attach the male headers. In the HA ESP Home plugin, I used below config

light:
  - platform: color_temperature
    name: "Livingroom Lights"
    color_temperature: color_temp
    brightness: dimmer
    cold_white_color_temperature: 6536 K
    warm_white_color_temperature: 2000 K

output:
  - platform: esp8266_pwm
    pin: GPIO5
    id: dimmer

- platform: esp8266_pwm
    pin: GPIO13
    id: color_temp
    inverted: true
1 Like

HI
I made this work using Tuya…basically Wipro smart bulb is using Tuya architecture behind it. So if you load tuya application on your android phone you can link that bulb with it. I used tuya integration on my Home Assistant and able to make it work.

But I am also interested in planning to programme it through esphome as that gives better working.

Thanks for your reply. it gave me one more option.

I made this work and replied somewhere above.

Regarding Oakter?

@rishabmehta7 Can you share me a quick screen recording/ how-to on how you added the tube in Tuya Local? Im struggling with the dps. I added the tube in localtuya by inputting 20 in the manual DPS section and the light is getting added. But it is showing as unavailable.

It would be great if you could help me out here

Hi

So I moved away from Tuya and ended up installing ESPHome (LibreTiny). Far more reliable and responsive :slight_smile:
I even ran OpenBeken for a few months before the switch :wink: