Wiser Schneider

Actually gotten one step further, built the docker image on my local laptop instead, and it completed without complaint.
Found the password encryption scheme on a french forum, so now I found that too.
The only part left is getting the username/password for the MQTT session into Home Assistant, and it should be closer to something working. :slight_smile:

Has there been any progress on this integration? About to order a Schneider Gateway and a clatter of PowerTags and would love to get it integrated into HA.

Hi, I have an Acti9 PowerTag Link HD A9XMWD100 with several powertags connected. The link is connected to my network and I’m planning on getting the data through Modbus TCP/IP. Let’s see how this goes.

1 Like

Its been a while since the post but I would be really interested in getting the devices to work directly as zigbee devices.
I did try to pair them in Home Assistant and I was able to see them but not do anything with them.
I would be happy to help out in testing.

1 Like

Hey guys,

New to this forum after deciding to put all my money into Wiser instead of Plejd for the new house we’re building. We’ll have outlets, dimming and some sensor guards through Wiser, and then some other systems like Unifi, Ajax, Siemens, Nibe and so on.

My goal is to be able to keep everything locally, and HAOS seems like the perfect choice. Looked at Homey, but that product seems outdated.

So, my question is, how well integrated (and easy) is Wiser (EU) in HAOS? Would it be possible to integrate Wiser without the use for their Gateway? I recently bought a Sonoff USB stick for Zigbee, and my main goal is to run all Zigbee through that. Or would a better idea be to run their Gateway and then integrate the Gateway into HAOS?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

I just recently started to use the gateway instead of any other Zigbee solution and it works very well.

Pop in to this topic if you want to know more about the Drayton Wiser integration:

Edit: I’ve just seen that you did it already. Never mind then…

Yeah, but I don’t think the Drayton is what I have. Everyone here are taking about heating, but that’s not among the common base products in Sweden.

What I’m interested in is everytthing in this picture:

3 Likes

I’m also interested in the same products you’re referring to and how to use that in HA :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see, I thought that you were talking about the heating product.

Looking at your image, the mobile app looks the same as the Drayton Wiser heating one. In Germany the Drayton Wiser products are sold under the brand name Eberle. They include iTRVs, Room Thermostats, Plugs (used as repeaters), and a floor heating module.

Some Schneider Electric products are supported by Zigbee2MQTT and looks like they are on your picture as well, but they are not named in Z2M as Wiser. Probably that is due to the new brand naming from Schneider Electric.

What I can tell is that, these devices can really be updated through their Gateway, like Legrand’s Netatmo products, or Legrand’s Biticino products. If you do choose to set them up with the Wiser Gateway, then you need to try to access the Gateway the same way as in the Wiser integration and provide the developers with the outputs, then they will be able to add it probably to their custom integration.

If you do go with just the Zigbee dongle then you might need to put some effort to have these devices supported in Z2M or ZHA.

So basically what you say is that it’s better to run the Wiser-Gateway, and then talk with the Wiser-Gateway through HAOS?

I’ve tried to use the iTRVs with SmartThings before and Z2M after. There were mixed results. Recently I started to use them with the Heat Hub and it works far more better. I guess that would work the same way with the Gateway as well. The discussion in the other topic seems to say the same.

1 Like

Hello, do you know if this will work with the German Merten Wiser Touch? Apparently Schneider purchased these guys as well. The system I have is this one: Wiser™ Home Touch | Merten

If not, does anyone know of an integration for HA?

Thanks!

Hi,

Sorry I missed your message.
I do not know but if this is recent then I doubt it will be compatible.
However the Drayton Wiser Home Assistant Integration might be a better option for compatibility.

Regards,

Thanks, I will check into it further. The Merten Wiser Home Touch is similar and looks identical in appearance but I think it might have different software. I will contact Merten to see if they have any integration software. - Frank

I contacted Merten and they stated it’s not zigbee but didn’t say what it is. Anyone?

Great post. We’re in the same process although we might not be as far along as you are(architect first draft). Don’t like Plejd at all and other solutions does not seem as developed or one would have to pick and mix between a multitude of brands. Found Wiser the other day while scrolling different solutions for wall outlets(also swedish, seems it’s mostly heaters abroad). Whatever your findings, please share. Following the progress!

One thing I learned is that Schneider can be different in each country. I’m not sure why, but that’s what they disclosed to me. For instance, Schneider Germany and Austria can be different for some reason. I think the switches are BLE & WLAN but not sure how to talk to the gateway. It has an IP address. I would love to keep the gateway since I already paid for it! :slight_smile:

The Wiser Heating devices are not listed as Zigbee devices either. Their brochure says 2.4Ghz only.

As it is not saying Zigbee (Certified), they don’t have to follow fully the standard.

Only the Wiser “legacy” (older) devices used Zigbee, so do a search on Blakadder’s Zigbee database:

https://zigbee.blakadder.com/search.html

1 Like

So more on this. The shutter devices I am using ARE Zigbee and the Merten Wiser Touch is a Zigbee hub that communicates with them. There is a Alexa skill that is available. That being the case, can I somehow control from HA via Alexa?

I have paired several devices directly via ZHA but the open/close direction and “run-time” for the devices are not implemented very well in the current device quirks.

I’m just looking for a way to send commands from HA to Wiser Touch via Alexa? Is this possible?

Appreciate feedback.