WTH can't I see all entities from recorder history in History view?

This is a bump of discussion on GitHub.

Srsly, WTH isn’t there an option to easily select and preview history of ALL entities included in recorder?!
A quote from discussion on GitHub:

On multiple ocasions the history tab was the way that I found I should exclude a certain entity from the recorder because of a lot of useless data. A couple of times I noticed that I accidentally renamed all of my phone’s sensors because of a mistake (which broke all of my automations). The new page feels like it has that functionality taken away and I haven’t been able to enjoy it because of that.

Current solution requires user to know the entity name/ID he wants to display. In case user doesn’t know/remember the name, finding such entity will require more effort and time, then just ‘displaying all’, scrolling though and “scanning” the page.

My use case:
I have some new entities popping-up each time I set up a new integration. I want to keep it like that. It makes me remember the “new” entities that I “need to take care about” – play a bit more with the integration, adjust it’s configuration, and eventually exclude entity from recorder.

Honestly speaking, it feels like the recent changes on History dashboard were half-baked.

I totally agree.
Not being able to easily find which device/entities ARE being Recorded, and thereafter exclude them, is a HUGE step backwards.

1 Like

FYI, there’s also a FR for this. Vote that too, if you agree.

2 Likes

Closing as a duplicate of this: WTH is there not an option on the History page to view all entities? You can follow and vote there.

Please search this category before posting.

1 Like