WTH can't I take control on when to update Supervisor?

I know there are some hacks to be able to do this, but WTH can’t I decide by myself when is the best moment to update the Supervisor?

I can restore backups, I can delete everything, I can completely destroy my system if I want, but I cannot prevent Supervisor to update itself in the middle of a party at home.

Please take a look into the following discussions around this:
* Feature request: block supervisor auto-updates,
* How to stop supervisor auto-update?
* How to stop supervisor's auto update?

I still want to have my Supervisor updated, but I should have some control at it. So it would be OK to have the auto-update as default, but users should have a way to disable it and then manage just like any other update entity in the system.

For the ones defending Supervisor auto-update, why then there’s no auto-update for everything? What are the differences in the risks?
For the ones against auto-update for everything (and don’t take me wrong, I understand your concerns), why aren’t you against Supervisor’s auto-update? This is a honest question, I want to understand the difference.

WTH indeed.

This is already possible, see details in one of your linked topics Feature request: block supervisor auto-updates - #62 by CentralCommand>

2 Likes