Wyze sense sensor integrations

Just got mine. Motion and contact sensors work well with the wyze app. Haven’t started the journey of HA integration yet, but count me in on the request on both the video and sensor side.

Im thinking the quick way will be using ifttt and webhooks now that they updated ifttt triggers. the longer but local way would be picking up the RF signal

Hope someone make an integration for this

I have two sets and I’m willing to use my modest coding experience to try and tackle this… I have done RF sniffing with 315 and 433 signals with Arduino and RCSwitch library plenty in the past. Anyone feel confident about a receiver/transmitter combo that would be worth testing?

I have a set, and was going to use an RTL SDR dongle to try and sniff. fcc docs say these are 907.8-908.2 MHz so that is where I would start. I’m not sure when I will get the time to do it though!

I just posted a walk through of how I integrated Wyze Sense into HA at the link below.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/wyze-sense-motion-and-contact-sensor-integration-via-ifttt-handled-through-node-red/115608

4 Likes

This is awesome work! I will definitely be checking it out in the meantime. There is still value in being able to direct capture the signature as opposed to going through IFTTT and Node Red. There are a lot of extra hops that could be removed.

Couldnt post a new message, but heres my update:

definitely something in this area with the door sensors… I am an absolute beginner with this program, but it certainly looks like a heartbeat check of some sort back to the hub.

Update:

Cleaned up the signal and was able to narrow it down more, LOTS of talking going on around the 907.6, 907.9 and 908.2 frequencies. Seems like this is going to hold the answer.

907.945 seems to be the signal for the door sensors. Opening the app and selecting one causes a blip of activity and when actually triggering one the same frequency lights up albeit with a bit of delay, maybe 2 seconds or so.

907.641 seems to be related to the motion sensors but I am not 100% certain on that yet as it would be outside of the fcc listed frequency and while triggering motion does cause a blip of activity there, its really inconsistent so wholly possible its not the sensor and something totally different. I will keep exploring!

9 Likes

Here we go! Those pulses are the door sensors opening and closing. Still new to this, but I need to figure out how to actually grab those pulses to figure out what they are saying in binary. The Motion sensor also works at the same frequency although with a much longer pulse.

Here is the zoomed in version of just the door sensor pulses:

2 Likes

This looks promising, keep up the good work!

Would love to have all Wyze products fully integrated into HA.

1 Like

Maybe follow some instructions here for adding devices?

there have been some new fcc filings for the wyze sense products with some new frequencies mentioned.

now saying: 906-918 MHz

This looks like a good start:

He even has a github with some python samples: https://github.com/HclX/WyzeSensePy

Someone wanna take a shot at turning that library into a component?

I have my sensors up and running willing to beta test.

I have these sensors working with the above python library and the Wyze Sense hub plugged in via USB on my HA machine. Gonna take a shot at writing a component this weekend. Fingers crossed!

3 Likes

I have a working golang integration for the sensors via MQTT (by hand and via mqtt discovery). Let me know if there is interest for alpha testing it, otherwise I’ll post it over the weekend.

Sorry I missed your message here, I did indeed find the signals in that spectrum so it makes a lot more sense now! I had to table working on this for a bit but it looks like plenty of work is moving forward on it!

I’d love to take a look at how you’re doing this. Unfortunately, I have 0 background in hardware or doing byte level manipulation so though I may be able to create a working python integration using the above library, there is no way I’d be able to maintain it or debug things if stuff breaks. Though ideally since this is direct access to the hardware, no over the air updates are possible which increases the chances of stability.

Quick Update. I have a wyzesense platform working! Here’s a sample log line of the component receiving an “alarm” from a contact sensor:

2019-07-12 22:32:00 INFO (Thread-2) [custom_components.wyzesense.binary_sensor] ALARM: time=2019-07-12T22:31:59.192000, mac=b'777B242C', type=A2, data=01 13 5f 00 01 01 00 25 35

Just have to figure the correct logic around when to add entities (the type of sensor isn’t known until the first motion or contact sensor activation) and I’ll have an alpha version out for people to test :slight_smile:

4 Likes