Xiaomi Sherlock Smartlock

Ok. It seems like aerolite (company behind Sherlock) is not very active anymore:

• website is down (SSL certificate)
  • app is gone from play store (can be downloaded on APKpure though, but still gives SSL error)
  • there are several bugs that are not fixed (pairing of existing fob that was once unlinked)
  • mail to [email protected] is bounced from (Chinese) qq server

Anyone know anything about this company or how to reach them? Tried searching on LinkedIn, but didn’t find any employees.

Just received S2, first setup was with no issues, exept that app is not available anymore.
Bluetooth seems more responsive than M1.
Haven’t hooked key to ha yet.

1 Like

I bought new Sherlock S2 but I am not able to pair with app - “facility does not exist”. And no answer from support too so it looks like company si not active…

I have wired the button with home assistant.
I have a problem that sometimes signal is ignored, even at 0.5m distance.
I’m planning to boost antenna of the key.
Anybody knows at what frequency key operates?

1 Like

Try changing country

I have exactly the same problem. Have you resolved this?

Did you get any feedback? My lock is useless because it is also bound

Hi, I changed phone and wanted to reinstall Sherlock app, but it has disappeared. Anyone has the apk?

anybody got the “s3” chinese version of this door lock ?

they seem to remove the slide to lock/unlock with two buttoms
seems easier to integrate this into an esp8266 to add wifi support by two relays

1 Like

I believe S2 has own app and doesn’t support the MiHome app.

I have upgraded:
New app works better, but requires internet connection.
Using external button didn’t worked well for me, failure rate is very high, maybe I need to upgrade button antenna or upgrade lock antenna. I can’t figure out the frequency of the button to do this.

1 Like

I tried the method suggest by your post and pictures but it didn’t work out for my door which has a vertical cylinder rim lock. Did you mount the device horizontally or vertically over your lock after modifying the device? Also could you explain what does cutting out the two sides and sealing up the previous cut do to the lock? I must have missed something in my modification. THanks!

the application is not working, the lock is not working. Does that mean the sherlock is discardable?

App stopped working for me too, can’t open/lock the lock.
I get error in chinese - ‘Connection failed, cannot receive the key’

There is new version of app
https: www pgyer com/sherlock

I was getting message ‘device already bound’ and seller on aliexpress resolved it so if anyone Has similar maybe try this way.

3 Likes

I get a virus warning when downloading this app!

1 Like

Little update regarding the s3 version of this using bluelok application. I received it yesterday.

This one has two buttons to lock/unlock on the board instead of the slider.
So it should be fairly easy to connect to them for lock/unlock over wifi.

I couldn’t open the lock easily so i already glued it to the door to test it.
There are any clips apart from the screws that keeps it closed? Are there any screws under the adhesive?

Everything works great so far using the bluelok and the two ble remotes.
The range is quite high. Can lock/unlock from all inside the house.
And it has a pin to reset the device locally for future re-pairs of the app.

Will probably use one of the remotes to lock/unlock it so it doenst draw any more power from the lock’s battery, and avoid reintalling it.

The screws that hold the key are two short (about 3mm). With a ~1mm key its not stuck firmy in place.

1 Like

It seems that other 3rd parties are producing/branding the s3 now? There seems to be a bit of re-badging and badgeless versions on Ali Express (like “Pomiacam”). That is cool you seem to be getting good fob range. I wonder if it’s because it’s been upgraded to bluetooth 5.0? https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-xiaomi&sxsrf=ALeKk00416sffbciAtrDG68GS56Pr_crzg%3A1606003616617&ei=oKu5X8WQJZaX4-EP-uu6yAk&q=bluetooth+5.0+range&oq=bluetooth+5.0+range&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAMyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEcyBAgAEEdQAFgAYPz9JWgAcAN4AIABAIgBAJIBAJgBAMgBCMABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

I have no ideea if its bt 5 or 4.How do i check?
The casing is all plastic. Is it the same for s2?

I don’t know either :grinning:. Yes S2 is plastic case.