Xiaomi Yeelight E27 bulb component

@mp3llll. The component page has everything you need to set them up. No bridge required (you do need a Wifi network for them to connect to). The RGB bulbs work well from reports. The white bulbs only turn on/off reliably from automations. I have three white bulbs as my outdoor lights and they work perfectly from automations.

@Hydreliox. Any progress on the non rgb code?

Yes some update in progress for the library. I’ve also ordered one White bulb in order to test if everything is OK.

I’ll keep you updated as soon as a publication is available.

1 Like

@Hydreliox, thanks for all your work on this! I know I really appreciate it and I am sure other do too.

but i want to off on via amazon alexa.

im ask how can i work with ha bridge ?
Any help for this will be good.

Thansk!

Looks like I can pickup an rgb bulb to have a play!! The hue scared me with the price! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This for Skills…

as i see here user are off on via home assistant

@Hydreliox thanks for the great job, I have 5 RGB lamps working perfectly.
Is it possible to add a way to change the white color temperature and support transitions?

1 Like

It is already implemented in the python library. But not integrated in HA.

I will slowly add these functions in HA, but priority is to integrate White Bulb and solve some issues.

3 Likes

@Hydreliox do you have it on GitHub project ? Ill be happy to assist and push it forward.

Just wanted to add my thanks for working on this!

plus one, where can I find this library:)? My Yeelight is working perfectly through HA and Alexa. The only thing I’m missing is setting a scene through alexa or changing the colour through alexa. For the last part, I’ll create a skill so I can just say, alexa, ask home assistant to set the kitchen light to green. For the scene though, I have no idea what API call there needs to be done:(

Thanks for your work!

Any plans to merge the effort with https://github.com/skorokithakis/python-yeelight and https://github.com/HydrelioxGitHub/PyYeelight ?

Hi, I have a problem my setup i this:

light:
  - platform: hue
    host: 192.168.1.80
    allow_unreachable:
  - platform: yeelight
    automatic_add: False
    devices:
      192.168.1.253:
        name: Corridor closet

The light is discovered and is in the front end, under lights, correctly.

But when I turn it on, in front end, does not work, all the time. Actually it worked one time only. With the yeelight app, no problem. I enabled the developer mode on the app.
It works also with the Mi Home app …

It’s a white bulb, but I don’t know where to look for the model

its very strange, I can turn it on with HA. But then I can’t turn it off with HA.
I can only turn off with the official yeelight app. Then, when off, I can turn it on again with HA.

BTW it does not give the state to the official app, and viceversa … something wrong with the code???

I HA, when it works turning it on, the symbol does not light up …

Which bulb do you have. Only the RGB bulbs are supported.

There is a warning on the component page that states…

Tests are only made with a YLDP03YL model. Because it’s the only hardware developer owns. If you have bugs with another kind of model, you could open an issue on Home Assistant Github

The white bulbs don’t work as of right now, I can’t remember what the model number is. @Hydreliox was working on a fix for the white bulbs too.

Ahh ok, it’s a white bulb, I don’t know how to check the model number

white bulb can be controlled via automation without any issue. only problem is you cannot control it on the frontend.

ahhh, yes I tried to control it with frontend. Now will try automation, thanks

another user suggested this

use this code: https://github.com/mxtra/yeelight-ha1 for Yeelights.

EDIT Tried, works very well!

I can confirm this one works perfectly with all yeelights, even the white ones. Can someone add that to HA and update the old one that breaks the white lights.
Thanks