Yale Z-Wave Module 2 and USB Z Wave stick?

I think it has something to do with battery drain.
How are you using the lock with HA?

So far my battery is still at 100%, but I’ll keep an eye on it. I want to set an alert if it’s unlocked after say 10:00pm, and also be able to unlock it remotely when my daughter forgets her key! However, I notice that you cannot really lock it remotely as the handle needs to be lifted up to engage the bolts.
It was a spur of the moment purchase as Amazon UK had it on special offer for £133.32.

Do you mean the dark blue module for Keyless/Keyfree locks?
I replaced the old gen 1 module with gen 2 module about a month ago. Im using Aeotec Zwave Plus stick. The lock doesnt have direct visibility of the stick, as they are two storeys away. I had some problems with pairing the new one, it helped adding another Zwave Plus node near the lock. Other than that, i had no problems with the new module at all. But also i haven’t noticed any improvement which would explain the cost of the new module - the new one is not even Zwave Plus.

An amazing price I’ve brought it for £160 from toolstation.
I like the fact it auto locks when pulled up, meaning it can’t be opened from out side.

I’m wanting to have HA turn in my living light When we come home and it’s dark, (WiFi detection is too slow)

Actually the new model seems to be Zwave plus:

is zwave plus true
capabilities zwave_plus, routing, beaming, frequent

Which is weird because im certain that the box had the old Zwave logo, without plus.

I just checked the box mine came in and it has the ZWave Plus logo.
In HA I get the following info on it:

is zwave plus: true
capabilities:frequent, routing, zwave_plus, beaming

Well, I spoke too soon! The lock went through two sets of batteries in a week, so I DM’d Yale support and after providing proof of purchase, they promised to send a replacement. I’ve taken out the Z-Wave module for the moment and the current set of batteries seem to be lasting OK.

That was precisely my experience and the current batteries have now been in there for some time.

i used this one. worked without any hassle even though i was skeptical due to price.
https://ebay.us/yscoQ8

1 Like

I’m using the new Zooz S2 stick with 2 different model Yale locks without any problems. I have the YRD210 which is standard Z-Wave and the YRD216 with Z-Wave Plus-- both paired and perform great so far. I actually just dropped Wink for HA because the YRD216 was a total flake on that system, would always turn the lock but every 3rd turn or so it would fail to update the status. No issue with this on HA and no issue with batteries.

How are you guys with the yale conexis l1 and z wave module getting on?

How long are the batteries lasting?

I really want to hook it up to HA but worries about battery drain. I’ve had my lock in for 3 weeks now and it’s working great.

My replacement Z-Wave Module 2 (SD-M1100) arrived today so I’ll probably install it at the weekend and see how it behaves from there. The new module looks exactly the same as the original one apart from the serial number (MAC address?) on it.

This was the same as me but my new one worked fine.

If your get a “good” module, they’re great. Don’t know how to get a good module apart from ask Yale to send it though.

Have you seen much battery drain?

It’s been ina bit over amonth I think (take a look back in this thread where I reference it if you want an exact date) and it’s at 78% now, having started at 96%.

Are you getting this % from the zwave node in HASS? Mine has just dropped from 100 -> 0 in one battery report 36 hours after the original one.
The unit itself isnt reporting a low battery by playing the tune so not sure how reliable the zwave battery reporting is…

I am, yes. I observed it running off very quickly with my old zwave unit and being nice and stable this time.

Perhaps your experience is because of poor signal/connection?

I’ve had my new module installed for over a week now, and the battery level has changed by only a couple of percent. Looks like the problem is solved.

OK so sure enough the unit stated playing the low battery jingle a few hours after the 0% battery report. I have replaced the battery and its now reporting 100%. Just seems the battery is either reported as 100 or 0. I have yet to see any other number.
I have contacted Yale on Twitter and they are shipping me out a new module so hopefully that will resolve the battery drain.

Just throwing my two cents in regarding battery drain having this up and running for a few months now:

First things first, don’t poll the bleeder – I was polling it every 120s to check the state and the battery ran down within a matter of weeks. (Initially enabled as the lock was some times never triggered, fixed by introducing a repeating node between the two, and allowing the mesh to stabilise). I’ve not changed the batteries since, although they are getting ready I believe.

This is the 1st gen module, just to be clear :+1:t2: