YET another take on an alarm system

Anyone else missing the keypad after the 0.86.2 update + an error when opening the Alarm menu: Could not connect to the service: alarm_control_panel\ALARM_YAML_USER ?

Changes done to get things working:

bwalarm.py:

And @aidbish line 22:

REQUIREMENTS = ['ruamel.yaml==0.15.42']

To:

REQUIREMENTS = ['ruamel.yaml>=0.15.42']

Thanks guys!

Though my password box is still filled with random ********* chars, any idea?

Absolutely brilliant!

Nice with some skilled people in here! Thank you!

I ordered a Kerui outdoor solar panel, it should be controllable by a 433mhz signal, for which you can use Broadlink RM or Sonoff RF bridge

I use a z-wave siren, but if you can find an RF one that you can send MQTT commands to there is no reason I can think of why it won’t work.

Hey, you should check out my post on how I got a Kerui siren working with HA.

I think that’s my problem, knowing whether the siren accepts RF codes to turn on and off. Seeing as it’s wireless, I suppose it must do.

Just another note on my z-wave siren, it does have a battery backup built in. I plan to run my HA server on a UPS so getting the siren to trigger during a power outage is no issue. I just haven’t purchased the UPS yet.

I did not receive the 433MHz siren, but I understood that you turn it ON with a 433Mhz signal. I plan to use my existing sonoff RF bridge to do that

Sorry, but it has nothing to do with this alarm system, it is?
Could you discuss the details in the appropriate topic? This one is way too long anyway

Good day,
I am new to home assistant. Can someone assist me in configuring manual alarm panel?
I am trying to use a door sensor to trigger alarm when it is armed away or armed home but it is not working. This is what I have:

the alarm panel is:

```
alarm_control_panel:
  - platform: manual
name: Home Alarm
code: ------
pending_time: 30
delay_time: 20
trigger_time: 4
disarmed:
  trigger_time: 0
armed_home:
  pending_time: 0
  delay_time: 0
armed_away:
  pending_time: 30
  delay_time: 60
triggered:
  pending_time: 0
```

# binary_sensor for Main Front Door
binary_sensor:
    - platform: mqtt
      state_topic: "/tele/sonoff-rf/RESULT"
      name: 'Main_Entrance'
      value_template: '{{value_json.RfReceived.Data}}'
      payload_on: '2E9F0A'
      payload_off: '2E9F0E'
      device_class: door
      optimistic: false
      qos: 1
      retain: false 

Automation.YAML

- alias: Trigger alarm while armed home or away
            trigger:
              - platform: state
                entity_id: binary_sensor.main_entrance
                to: 'on'    

condition:
              condition: or
              conditions: 
              - condition: state
                entity_id: alarm_control_panel.alarm
                state: armed_away
              - condition: state
                state: armed_home
            action:
              service: alarm_control_panel.alarm_trigger

- alias: Alarm Triggered
            trigger:
              - platform: state
                to: 'triggered'
            action:
              - service: notify.notify
                data:

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You could install the custom alarm panel that this topic is about.

I tried but I do not know how to do it. Instructions not clear to me. Im a newbie

What exactly is not clear?

Okay let me tell you what I tired. I copied thefollowing into configuration.yaml:

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

Then created alarm.yaml and paste the raw code of alarm.yaml into the newly created alarm.yaml. I also copied the raw code of automation.yaml into my newly created automation.yaml. Then created panel_custom.yaml and copied the raw code into my newly created panel_custom.yaml. Then I saved bwalarm.py into config/ directory. Nothing works. I got an invalid config messgae saying:

Configuration invalidCHECK CONFIG

Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

Correct.

Not so correct. Do this instead

You will need to copy the following files into your home assistant configuration directory

alarm.yaml This files stores your alarm configuration. An options page will be created for this file custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm.py The brains of the operation. This is the logic of the custom alarm system panels/alarm.html This is the interface for the custom alarm component. It’s actually optional as the alarm will function without it but recommended for ease of setup www/alarm/[ALL FILES] These files control how the interface looks and feels www/lib/[ALL FILES] These files add additional functionality to the interface in order to work www/images/ha.png An image file used for the interface log

Get the files to copy by pressing the big green button on the gihub page and choosing “download zip”.

There are actually other files to copy that are left out of the instructions. Read up the thread a bit.

I followed the instructions on Github and uploaded all files to config directory but I am still getting this error
Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

Please help.

This folder:

config\custom_components\alarm_control_panel\

Should have this file in it:

bwalarm.py

Thanks. My display looks like this:

My question is, should I create these folder in config and copy the files into them or just copy thos files directly into the config directory?
panels/
www/alarm/
www/lib/
www/images/

Thanks for your feedback.

I think you just need to download and copy all folders and files into your /config