YET another take on an alarm system

New update is working fine with HA 0.66.1

May I ask regarding the code related option from previous version, I saw you have put extra code for multi user (not working yet).
In this latest version, you have remove this extra code for multi user.

Will it be possible to have this multi user option code in next release version or ?

Great to see that you are diving into themeing! Currently Iā€™m already using frontend theme functionality (including time-based automatic switching) that is built into Home Assistant (https://www.home-assistant.io/components/frontend/#themes), and currently those themes break the design of the alarm panel. Canā€™t wait for the update :slight_smile:

Iā€™ve just tried to install this Alarm, but when I check the config I get the following error:

Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm

The strange thing is that config\custom_components\alarm_control_panel\bwalarm.py does existā€¦
Could someone help me please?

Apart from put each file in the correct directory. You have toā€¦ below;

Hi Sunonline,

Thank for your support.
Iā€™ve just found the solution. A ā€˜restartā€™ from HA wanā€™t enough, it looks like I had to do a full reboot of the Rpi and known it works perfectly!

The only thing I canā€™t find directly is the following:

hide_custom_panel: False

#[OPTIONAL] - True by default. Setting this to False enables a custom panel below the sensors groups which allows you to add your own html code. Use this to bring any other features you
#would like to see for example displaying live camera feeds, a rotating image gallery, custom HA buttons and sensors. To use this enable the custom panel in alarm.yaml (custom_panel: True) then
#ensure you take a copy of custom-element.html and add it to you www/alarm/ folder. Edit the html code between the <template> tags. I'm have added a **custom sample folder** where I will upload
#examples of 'things' which can be added here. Please contribute!!!

Iā€™ve set this to false, but Iā€™m not sure how to add my security cams into the HTML code. Are there examples of this? I canā€™t find this ā€œcustom sample folderā€

Thanks!

So but it is not possible for example to load the feed from my existing Synology platform, I do have to use the direct url to the camera itself?

One last question I have at this moment. The alarm is set by the side tab, but is it possible to set it in a view (a tab in the main bar at the top)?

Regarding the camera. You can try camera.your_camera_name
Regarding the tab. I never try as well. You can try group tab with alarm_control_panel.youralarmname

@gazoscalvertos Ok, I havent updated for some time now due to limited time to test the new versions, and as I can see you have made a real progress here! Congrats, Kudos or whatever you like! It really is an amazing job!
So, I tried to update to the latest version, and I think I updated every file or setting you made so far, but it seems I am missing something. Can you help me out?

After 3 hours of trying to find out what is wrong, I am fine. All I had to do was reboot my raspberry (that means force reboot homeassistant). It is fine now. I will check for bugs and functions this weekend. Awesome work again! Keep going!

Ok, third post in a row. Sorry for that.
everything is working fine, but whenever I arm the alarm i get this error:

http://192.168.1.3:8123/frontend/panels/alarm-d57b10e39d1ad1bff4a816276bfa02b8.html:240:9 Uncaught SyntaxError: Identifier 'HaPanelAlarm' has already been declared

Even though everything seems to be OK. It arms etc. Any ideas?

Has anyone been able to get this working as a state card yet?

Hi all - I am new here, so apologies for the real basic question that follows - this component looks amazing and canā€™t wait to get going!

Unfortunately Iā€™m stuck at the start - have followed in setup instructions on GitHub but get a config error ā€œPlatform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarmā€

The entry in my configuration.yaml is: alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
The entry in alarm.yaml then: platform: bwalarm

The bwalarm.py file is in homeassistant/custom_components/alarm_control_panel/

Permissions on the file are 755

What basic piece am I missing?

Mike

OK - should have just tried a reboot - it works nowā€¦

Looking forward to getting to know this further!

M

Just a quick question - does the current or previous versions work without obvious glitches with the current Hass.io version?
I have Hass.io 0.64.3 installed, but havenā€™t upgraded yes at some reported issues with this alarm panel.

Wow. This together with floorplan is a nice look. I just started using floorplan and it I am getting closer to an all in one panel.

2 Likes

a much better install guide would do it, because ive coped the files reloading , and nothing changes, it there a port or address to access it?

when i enter the ip and /frontend/panels/alarm
i get this!

did you follow everything here

including modifying you configuration.yaml file to include the following items

alarm_control_panel: !include alarm.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

my config file

and my auto file