YET another take on an alarm system

sorry just reread up and noticed someone else has a fix :wink:

warning first postā€¦

I just installed haas.io on Monday and the konnected board on Tuesday. Spent Wednesday and Thursday pulling wires and configuring the configuration.yaml. and Friday (today) trying to set up this alarm.

I think I read most of this thread and canā€™t seem to find anything about the door chirp. I think Iā€™ve come to the conclusion this feature is not part of the alarm and I would have to create the automation myself??? problem is I am not a developer, never looked at .yaml before Wednesday so not really sure where to start.

can someone tell me what I need to put in my automation.yaml to make the Front Door chirp when the door is open. this will go a long way in the wife acceptance factor.

hereā€™s the relevant part of my config.

binary_sensors:
        - zone: 1
          type: door
          name: 'Front Door'
     switches:
        - zone: out
          name: 'Beep Beep'
          momentary: 65
          pause: 55
          repeat: 4  

or is there a section that shows examples of this?

Correct.

If you mean when the alarm is arming you put the actions to make your beep in this automation:

- id: alarm_arming_away
  alias: '[Alarm] Away Mode Arming'
  hide_entity: true
  initial_state: true
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: pending
  action:

Stop the beep in all of these automations (when armed, disarmed or a warning occurs):

- id: alarm_disarmed
  alias: '[Alarm] Disarmed'
  trigger:
    to: disarmed
  action:
- id: alarm_warning
  alias: '[Alarm] Warning'
  trigger:
    to: warning
  action:
- id: alarm_armed_away
  alias: '[Alarm] Away Mode Armed'
  trigger:
    to: armed_away
  action:

are you just looking for a chirp every time the door opens? (ie: irrelevant of the alarm status) So, a door chime like they have in small shops?

Yes

Exactly like that. No matter how the alarm is set i want the piezo to beep when a door is open or closed.

Although the above suggestions are also awesome. Iā€™ll add those as well!

Well I found a solution for my lovelace not working here https://github.com/gazoscalvertos/Hass-Custom-Alarm/commit/fed5a79cd43124d2661e1a3694d7f5f027c1f599

It seems typing the code in with my PC or devices keypads does not work. GUI numpads seem to work!

Ok, well that is easy. What device do you have connected to the buzzer to power it? Iā€™ll put together an automation for you once I get to my computer (on my phone at the moment)

I have a piezo connected to the out of the add on board. I can make it beep with the switch option.

Here is my entire konnected part of the configuration.yaml

konnected:
konnected:

access_token: !!!
api_host: http://:8123
devices:
- id:
binary_sensors:
name: ā€˜Front Doorā€™
- zone: 2
name: ā€˜Garage Doorā€™
- zone: 3
name: ā€˜Breakfast Doorā€™
- zone: 4
name: ā€˜Sliding Glass Doorā€™
- zone: 5
name: ā€˜Basement Doorā€™
- zone: 6
type: garage_door
name: ā€˜Basement Garage Doorā€™
switches:
name: ā€˜Sirenā€™
- id:
binary_sensors:
type: window
name: ā€˜1st floor Windowsā€™
- zone: 2
type: window
name: ā€˜Basement Windowsā€™
- zone: 3
type: sound
name: ā€˜Sun Room Glassā€™
switches:
name: ā€˜Beep Beepā€™
repeat: 4
name: Warning
repeat: -1
name: ā€˜Door Chimeā€™
momentary: 50
repeat: 3

what are the entity_idā€™s of the piezo and the front door sensor in HA?

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by thatā€¦ The piezo is attached directly to the konnected board. On zone " out" . It gets its power directly from the board.

but does it not show up as an entity in HA? (in the dev panel)

EDIT: if you look in the dev panel you should see something like switch.konnected_door_chime or however it has been allocated by HA (I dont have experience with Konnected to know how the entities are handled by HA)

Iā€™ve managed to get everything working fine with latest version and 0.87 after making a few edits here and there, the only thing Iā€™m having issues with is the round buttons reset back to square after every reboot although when i enter the settings its still checked, I have to toggle it off then back on and all is good until the next reboot. any ideas??

Yeah I see the same behaviour (I have made all the code updates listed above).

Hi All,

Apologies Iā€™ve been away for sometime. Iā€™ve uploaded changes which should fix a lot of the compatibility issues. Iā€™ll work my way through the issues log in the github repo. Please post issues there as they are easier to track then we can use this forum for support/advice etc.

Iā€™m also busy working on a react version of the panel and will be looking to depreciate the polymer version as itā€™s too much effort to keep upto date. Everytime HA releases a new version something tends to break due to a change in polymer.

Thanks

7 Likes

You know that everytime you post after a while, we get hyped with your announcement for new features or better interface right? Dont apologizeā€¦ WE thank YOU! :wink:

1 Like

Welcome back mate

Look forward to using and testing it

How do I get the times the Activity page to display in local vice UTC time?

thanks for the updates, FYI current alarm.yaml admin password is ā€œaā€