YoLink integration

@Elanmorales please reply?

As best I can tell from my research, it is simple LoRa and NOT LoRaWAN. The LLCC68 (SX1262) chip used in the hubs is not LoRaWAN certified. It is compliant with LoRaWAN standards, but is not certified.

I also have searched for this and couldn’t find it could you please elaborate?

Hello,
Home assistant only can access yolink devices from to primary home. Changing homes in YoLink was promised to be integrated in HA over a year ago @Eric-YoLink
Is it possible to change home in YoLink so home assistant can see devices from all homes? Does it mean i have to remove yolink account and move / merge all devices to primary home since there is no option to move devices between homes? Currently home assistant only can access yolink devices from to primary home.
Also, please advise if i can make devices in second home be primary home. I have 28 devices in secondary home and only 4 devices in primary home. Thank you in advance !

Hi Eric,
When changing homes will be integrated in home assistant.

Been using a first gen hub with some sensors for over a year. For the last week, the hub goes offline and reboot doesn’t get up again. Left it for dead, then it suddenly went online again for a day but now back offline again…

Only me? Will try a factory reset when I find time, no critcal sensors connected to it so not a major thing, but irritating!

Every once in a rare while mine goes kablooey too. I unplug it, wait abut 10 seconds, plg it back in and I am good to go - for another 6 months…

I just got the speaker hub and motion sensor and working nicely!
However I noticed speaker hub is not supported as a device.

I was wondering if there are plans to support speaker hub as a device (e.g. send audio)
Seems to be supported by API (Yolink Api Docs)
@Eric-YoLink

I would be happy to take a stab at adding support if it’s feasible and a welcome feature.

Quick Question. I just received a YoLink temperature sensor and HA recognized it and added it, but all the sensors say Unavailable. So even though HA recognizes it directly, so you still have to have a YoLink Hub connected to HA as well? Or do you just have to have the YoLink Devices connected to the Hub for them to work in HA?

The YoLink devices require a cloud connection to communicate to Home Assistant. Although a representitive from YoLink promised local access some time ago, and then seems to have ghosted the forums.

You will need a hub connected to YoLink’s cloud service that your YoLink devices connect to in order for Home Assistant to work with them.

Is there an ETA on a hub with local control?

Seems like it’s not going to happen. I will not buy any more yolink until they have a solution for local control.

Check is in the mail

@Eric-YoLink is not active user anymore. He played his role as YoLink representative to promote YoLink products. aka: “YoLink Sales Person”
Talk is cheap. Where is local control and multi-home support? More promises when we continue to buy YoLink. I am done with YoLink after spending over $300 on YoLink products.

1 Like

I spoke with Eric recently. There was some kind of a rumor that went around that he promised a date for local control. That is not true and he has been trashed online by alot of people because of the rumor. The truth is, he told me, that there is a project for it but it does not have any specific delivery date and it is evidently a major piece of work. Hope this helps. Do not trash Eric, he works his ass off and cannot be everywhere at once.

2 Likes

Offline integration was NOT a rumor. Offline integration was on a roadmap for last two years. We are not trashing Eric. He worked his ass off? NO, Eric didn’t push enough.
Thousands of YoLink customers purchased product that Eric promoted hoping that it will work offline. Once YoLink decides to go on monthly subscription or will be bought by another company we are screwed! it works well for as long as there is an internet. Without internet connection YoLink is a dead. So far Home Assistant has 849 active installations and they all depends on cloud.

I agree 1,000% except for the pushing part, we really don’t know internally to his company what happened, just that his responsibilities cover many areas for that firm. Maybe pushing harder would have cost him his job! Maybe he did push very hard but people above him squashed it or delayed it, I don’t know. It is important for us to make a stink and to keep asking him for updates. I am just trying to help stop an incorrect rumor that he lied. Specifically I said:

and

Your reply @VladNYC , stated

That is not what I said at all!

1 Like

Not arguing with what Eric may have stated, but from my research into the YoLink devices, it would be rather trivial for them to add local control to the hub. The hub already uses MQTT to communicate between the LoRa sensors and their cloud. Further, the hubs forward ANY YoLink sensor data it receives, regardless of who the “owner” of the device is.

To his credit, he may be referring to some of the functionality that exists in their cloud infrastructure that would need to be pulled down to the hub level. Details below.

As for my research, I am close to having a working POC for local control. The process would require at least 1 hub, although I believe 2 hubs would be desirable as one would be needed to enroll sensors using YoLink’s server to get them reporting (Much of the functionality originates from YoLink’s server, such as when a door alarm opens, set off an alarm relay, etc.) Since the hubs, by default, “hear” and forward on to YoLink’s server ANY YoLink sensor data regardless of owner, the second hub would be reconfigured to report to the local MQTT broker. Switching this configuration on a single hub is an avenue for further development after POC is established.

The process for configuring a hub to report to a local broker so far would look as follows:

1. Disassemble hub and connect to debug header
  2. Dump flash and make a small number of changes (<5 changes), then reflash modified image
  3. Running a local web server (with specific configuration to handle initial authentication and configuration of the hub) and a local mqtt broker
    3a. The local web server only need be run during each boot of the hub

I have a theory on a method that would negate the need to reflash the hub, but I have not investigated this method yet.

I currently have 1 hub/environment with 3 sensors that are reporting locally (verified by blocking internet access to the hub).

There is still further implementation needed on the mqtt broker side where the broker is expected to reply to certain messages with ACK messages as well as implement the functionality that exists when using YoLink’s cloud.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

This project has been quite intriguing to me and while I am keeping the YoLink specific stuff private until I can release the POC, you can look at my public repos to see the many projects that have spun off from this (anything labeled ghidra or esp) austinc3030 (Austin Tyler Conn) ¡ GitHub

NSA’s Ghidra PR for adding support for ESP32 architecture

5 Likes

@Eric-YoLink what’s the status of the current Speaker Hub being available in HA?

Does anyone know if there’s a way for Home Assistant to get the identify of the person who last unlocked/locked the lock? I’d like to create automations based on who just unlocked the door.

1 Like